(Day 3, EA) Mandatory Event: Horseback Riding

Mirai

Re: (Day 3, EA) Mandatory Event: Horseback Riding

Post by Mirai » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:42 am

Her brow furrowed a bit at that, and for a moment she looked almost hurt. "I would never Kaiu-sama. You have my word as... as a samurai."
Ronin | Bushi | Duelist | Versatile | Odd
Carries: Daishi, Ashigaru Armor, Travelling Pack

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:48 am

He just nods and turns to Asahi. "Yes. The drinks were strong. I just saw everyone passing out, but the tanuki made me continue."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:22 pm

Ginkarasu attempts to center himself after feeding the horse its well earned treats.

But it suspects he has more and won't leave him alone.
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:55 pm

"I don't recall much." he admitted. "I passed out fairly quickly."

He turned to the ronin and offered a bow. "Good afternoon, I am Kitsuki Asahi."
Dragon ▪︎ Courtier ▪︎ Investigator ▪︎ Artisan ▪︎ Smith ▪︎ Unlucky
Status 1 ▪︎ Glory 1 ▪︎ Honor: Exceptional ▪︎ Topaz Points: 155

Carries: Wakizashi, Knife, Fan, Seal, Water

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:52 pm

Prash takes a look at the horses as well before his match with his Moto friend.

He plays a bit with some of them, but doesn't notice anything wrong.

OOC
Day 3 EA - Inv/Per to notice Mirai's actions. TN 29: 4d10o10k3 20
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:40 pm

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:48 am
He just nods and turns to Asahi. "Yes. The drinks were strong. I just saw everyone passing out, but the tanuki made me continue."
"It seems we will be paired together again," rumbled Saburo as he drew up towards the others, who looked like he had done what he could to brush and cleanse the grime from earlier without a bath. If he paid any attention to what the ronin was doing to the horse... actually, no. He just didn't. It wasn't his horse, so he couldn't give two figs and hadn't really been looking. He was gifted with a certain... tunnel vision.

"What is this about drinks? Tanuki?"
Phoenix Clan * Shugenja * Void * Sickly * Hypochondriac
Topaz Points: 212
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:47 pm

Ginkarasu is slowly being chased by additional horses that are checking his sleeves for more apples.

"No! No! I don't have anymore! Yes, I'm certain they were very tasty."

He's backing away from the hungry, inquisitive beasts.
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:54 pm

Asako Saburo wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:40 pm
Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:48 am
"It seems we will be paired together again," rumbled Saburo as he drew up towards the others, who looked like he had done what he could to brush and cleanse the grime from earlier without a bath. If he paid any attention to what the ronin was doing to the horse... actually, no. He just didn't. It wasn't his horse, so he couldn't give two figs and hadn't really been looking. He was gifted with a certain... tunnel vision.

"What is this about drinks? Tanuki?"
"Basically two sakkaku spirits disguised as tanuki engaged some competitors, including us both, in a drinking competition. I won, but they all made us drink until we passed out. In return, I gained a nice cup I don't have with me right now I'm waiting for Yotsuo-sama to confirm my suspicions on." He explains. "Kaito-san told me it made me immune to alcohol intoxication, but I wonder if it can purify other drinks for other effects, such as poison and the shadowlands filth."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:55 pm

Prashant watches many of the contestants with great attention, cheering them up excitedly. But he's particularly excited when his clansmates' turns come.

He gets a bit worried as Nesrin's first approach to the pony handed to her isn't as great as it could be, but as she shows a brilliant performance against his other friend, the Miya, he can't even get himselt to feel sorry for him. In fact, his eyes shine seeing the Battle Maiden ride, despite her initial uncertainty, and he cheers for her loudly and happily!
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:00 am

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:54 pm
"Basically two sakkaku spirits disguised as tanuki engaged some competitors, including us both, in a drinking competition. I won, but they all made us drink until we passed out. In return, I gained a nice cup I don't have with me right now I'm waiting for Yotsuo-sama to confirm my suspicions on." He explains. "Kaito-san told me it made me immune to alcohol intoxication, but I wonder if it can purify other drinks for other effects, such as poison and the shadowlands filth."
Sakkaku again. There'd been Sakkaku spirits the last year of their lives. "I swear that mujina and the like have been hounding us throughout these events. Sakkaku has been incredibly active," he said, shaking his head. A sake cup like that would be the only way he could ever drink the stuff, and he was convinced that it wasn't worth it. "It is good to have the Kuni inspect it first. One never knows what other insane tricks those spirits will play."
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:04 am

Asako Saburo wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:00 am
Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:54 pm
Sakkaku again. There'd been Sakkaku spirits the last year of their lives. "I swear that mujina and the like have been hounding us throughout these events. Sakkaku has been incredibly active," he said, shaking his head. A sake cup like that would be the only way he could ever drink the stuff, and he was convinced that it wasn't worth it. "It is good to have the Kuni inspect it first. One never knows what other insane tricks those spirits will play."
"If it has any success filtering the shadowlands impurity, I would give it over to the Kuni for their researches even. They have been trying to purify taint for centuries. This may seem like small help, but it could be the start for a groundbreaking discovery." He gets slightly excited. "I didn't even think of the possibility of it being pranked on itself. Good point."

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:13 am

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:04 am
"If it has any success filtering the shadowlands impurity, I would give it over to the Kuni for their researches even. They have been trying to purify taint for centuries. This may seem like small help, but it could be the start for a groundbreaking discovery." He gets slightly excited. "I didn't even think of the possibility of it being pranked on itself. Good point."
"One never knows with such things. I confess that it is well beyond my understanding. Certainly, a fascinating little item." He said that without a lot of enthusiasm. Really, he'd had one sip. Not to his taste. He was fine doing without for the rest of his days. "It seems everyone around me has the strangest of adventures at times. The spiritual realms are bustling of late... I wonder if there is a celestial conjunction approaching soon."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:11 am

"This only happens with me when I'm with you. Yotsuo-sama said it was something about a lot of people here being market about the spirits. It also attracts bad things, like the zokujin, but overall it's more in the side of harmless pranks or mysterious gifts. It's interesting and whimsical but would get annoying if we passed like three months all together."

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:35 am

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:11 am
"This only happens with me when I'm with you. Yotsuo-sama said it was something about a lot of people here being market about the spirits. It also attracts bad things, like the zokujin, but overall it's more in the side of harmless pranks or mysterious gifts. It's interesting and whimsical but would get annoying if we passed like three months all together."
"Asako Himeya-sama once said something very similar." The circumstances of that conversation were not a matter of the public record, but he felt comfortable saying that small thing. It was certainly accurate right now. Very obvious that the mere presence of so many spiritually marked souls meant that the realms were paying attention.

"I suppose it is a mark that the heavens and all realms pay attention, even if that attention is ... strange at times."

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:44 am

She gave a bow to the Kitsuki. "An honor Kitsuki-sama. This one is Mirai."

Giving another bow as Saburo approached, she looked a bit puzzled. "What's this about tanuki minna-sama? They are fine tales certainly..." Mirai didn't really doubt the three's story, but she'd certainly never seen a spirit, and had no plans to.

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:07 am

After returning the horse and bowing to Utaku-sensei Ichiro made his way into the spectator area watching the rest of the matches, cheering on those he knew and those of the Unicorn who mostly seemed pair against one another. Which was only fair.
Unicorn Clan • Moto • Large • Confident * bushi
Honor: As Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 3.2
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Animal hide cloak

Zurui lizard pet TP: 254
speaking: Ujik, Mekhem, Senpet

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:16 am

Moto Ichiro wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:07 am
After returning the horse and bowing to Utaku-sensei Ichiro made his way into the spectator area watching the rest of the matches, cheering on those he knew and those of the Unicorn who mostly seemed pair against one another. Which was only fair.
Nobuko approached Ichiro after her match, excited by the fact that she did so well. She lost, of course. Her own opponent being a Unicorn born to the saddle. But she had not missed a single target, nor had she fallen from her horse, and had otherwise come very close to matching Utaku Himeko.

She stood before him, quiet, waiting for his words and excited for what he thought of all the work she had put in during the last year.
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:30 am

Mirai wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:44 am
She gave a bow to the Kitsuki. "An honor Kitsuki-sama. This one is Mirai."

Giving another bow as Saburo approached, she looked a bit puzzled. "What's this about tanuki minna-sama? They are fine tales certainly..." Mirai didn't really doubt the three's story, but she'd certainly never seen a spirit, and had no plans to.
"They played a trick on a few of us last night." Asahi explained. "No harm was done, but it was not a pleasant experience. Could you tell me what treats my horse would like, Mirai-san? I'd like to reward her after the match."
Dragon ▪︎ Courtier ▪︎ Investigator ▪︎ Artisan ▪︎ Smith ▪︎ Unlucky
Status 1 ▪︎ Glory 1 ▪︎ Honor: Exceptional ▪︎ Topaz Points: 155

Carries: Wakizashi, Knife, Fan, Seal, Water

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:39 am

Ginkarasu chases down the apple vendor after having been intimidated by the horse "mafia" in getting them more apples by spending the rest of his zeni. Hands full of apples, he makes his way back towards the array of horses waiting for him and carefully makes sure each gets some delicious apples.

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:22 am

"Sugar is always appreciated, as well as carrots," she said with a nod. "You are not a horse rider then? I hope they have taken precautions. I've heard tales of plenty of stories of riders falling off their horses and getting injured or worse."

Return to “Horseback Riding Matches”