(Day 2, EA) Mandatory Event: Sumai

Bayushi Kaidan

Re: (Day 2, EA) Mandatory Event: Sumai

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:39 am

"I will see you around." The Bayushi took another step back. The Kaiu will note that there is no tail nor anything special on his shadow. He continued moving blending into the crowd.

//D2 EA fluff Stealth to blend into the crowd: 10d10o10k5 24
Chosen Name: Bayushi Gakihiro
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1
Only wears the Scorpion Mon
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1 Glory: 1
Cat:Ninya
"I wear many mask, none is me"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:42 am

He nods and lets him be. It was just a credible Scorpion then, but one who knew Lions well.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:40 am

Moto Ichiro wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:38 am
Ichiro nodded "Not skillful enough it would seem." His voice was frustrated but he took a deep breath and gave Nobuko a smile "but thank you Nobu-chan."
"You and Kokyou-san were evenly matched. There is no doubt of your skill," she reassured him. In her eyes, to be so obviously evenly matched was just as good as having won. It could easily have gone either way when they were at such a level as each other.
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:02 am

Toritaka Sasaiko wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:42 pm
- snip -
"I am told that the Ikoma are gifted in the art of allowing others to see what they expect to see," Saburo said in a low tone. It was not a recrimination, or an implication that they were overtly deceptive. "Cunning has its place on the battlefield, in appropriate measure. I will keep that in mind." In other words, there was steel under that smile's silk too.
Phoenix Clan * Shugenja * Void * Sickly * Hypochondriac
Topaz Points: 212
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:30 am

Otomo Nobuko wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:40 am
Moto Ichiro wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:38 am
Ichiro nodded "Not skillful enough it would seem." His voice was frustrated but he took a deep breath and gave Nobuko a smile "but thank you Nobu-chan."
"You and Kokyou-san were evenly matched. There is no doubt of your skill," she reassured him. In her eyes, to be so obviously evenly matched was just as good as having won. It could easily have gone either way when they were at such a level as each other.
Kokyou overhears the Imperial and, as he leaves, he once more bows to Ichiro deeply. He doesn't say more than that. Just a sincere smile and a nod to Nobuko.

/Exit
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:33 pm

Asako Saburo wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:02 am
"I am told that the Ikoma are gifted in the art of allowing others to see what they expect to see," Saburo said in a low tone. It was not a recrimination, or an implication that they were overtly deceptive. "Cunning has its place on the battlefield, in appropriate measure. I will keep that in mind." In other words, there was steel under that smile's silk too.
Sasaiko nods and glances over at the Lion contingent.

"They have long memories, as well. I think they will not be happy to see me in future rounds. And I will hope that will not accrue to you, too."

A slight smile.

"It'd be a poor dowry for me to bring, eh?"
Toritaka Noriko
Falcon * Phantom Hunter (Shug)
S 2.0 * G 2.1 * H As Expected

On-site: robes, sandals, and scroll satchel and scrolls, Seppun blade, Miya-made map of Tsuma; might have money
Off: the above + loaded traveling pack

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:12 pm

Toritaka Sasaiko wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:33 pm
Sasaiko nods and glances over at the Lion contingent.

"They have long memories, as well. I think they will not be happy to see me in future rounds. And I will hope that will not accrue to you, too."

A slight smile.

"It'd be a poor dowry for me to bring, eh?"
he chuckled softly, shaking his head. "A Lion that is not competitive is a strange Lion," he said, smirking at her. "If I were to meet Kakita-sama, I'm quite certain that she would want a chance to ... thank me for my earlier victory properly." There was a visible wince at the mere thought. What that woman lacked in Sumai skill? She probably made up for in spades with a bokken. He could practically feel his bones creak at the thought of the blows.

"But they are good, honorable men. The Lion would send no less. I believe you should have nothing to worry about." His on was immaculate, but she did catch him glancing in their direction. That last statement was made for the crowds, not for her. Lion had long memories, and little regard for the minor clans, and they both knew it.
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:37 pm

Asako Saburo wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:12 pm
he chuckled softly, shaking his head. "A Lion that is not competitive is a strange Lion," he said, smirking at her. "If I were to meet Kakita-sama, I'm quite certain that she would want a chance to ... thank me for my earlier victory properly." There was a visible wince at the mere thought. What that woman lacked in Sumai skill? She probably made up for in spades with a bokken. He could practically feel his bones creak at the thought of the blows.

"But they are good, honorable men. The Lion would send no less. I believe you should have nothing to worry about." His on was immaculate, but she did catch him glancing in their direction. That last statement was made for the crowds, not for her. Lion had long memories, and little regard for the minor clans, and they both knew it.
She nods.

"The honor of the Lion is known. So is their skill. They will be fierce competitors if and when I face them again."

She breathes heavily.

"I believe the matches are wrapping up, however."
Toritaka Noriko

On-site: robes, sandals, and scroll satchel and scrolls, Seppun blade, Miya-made map of Tsuma; might have money

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:19 am

"Yes, I believe they are. I need..." A breath, a long, slow breath. "I really need a bath to feel clean before the heraldry test. I still am not one for heavy exertion. I will see you again soon. Well done, Toritaka-san." And he would give her a bow. And, unless she was following after, he would see her again at the heraldry competitions.

/exuent

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:21 am

She has her own preparations to make, of course, and joining him in either of theirs would yet be unseemly.

Soon enough, though.
Toritaka Noriko

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:52 am

Zashi wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:12 pm
Zashi shrugs. "There was a rumor that she really missed Kenji. I wanted to see what she thought about it." Zashi seems to think. "What's a Sparrow Housewife? Is that Crane slang for something?" Zashi does his best to seem completely confused
"Tch. She just likes to spout nonsense. Don't mind anything she says."
Crane Clan | Bushi | Profile | Way Better than Kotomi
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.4 | TP: 252 (ty oleanderpoison!)
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:15 am

Otomo Nobuko wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:40 am
"Perhaps." he says before shaking his head and smiling "But you though, you were fantastic, I wasn't aware you had been training in the art of sumai as well. Quite the formidable little imperial."
Kokyou wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:30 am
Kokyou overhears the Imperial and, as he leaves, he once more bows to Ichiro deeply. He doesn't say more than that. Just a sincere smile and a nod to Nobuko.
Ichiro bows in return to the mantis boy his expression more serene than it had been after the match.
Unicorn Clan • Moto • Large • Confident * bushi
Honor: As Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 3.2
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Animal hide cloak

Zurui lizard pet TP: 254
speaking: Ujik, Mekhem, Senpet

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:15 am

Moto Ichiro wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:15 am
"Perhaps." he says before shaking his head and smiling "But you though, you were fantastic, I wasn't aware you had been training in the art of sumai as well. Quite the formidable little imperial."
She laughed, shaking her head, "I have not. Not really. I have kept up with the exercises Utaku-Sensei showed several of us, and practiced the basic Jiujutsu forms regularly, but I have not practiced sumai itself. In truth, I was quite surprised with myself when it was over."
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Return to “Sumai Matches”