(D2, EE) Rekishi Monogatari

Kaiu Aiichiro

Re: (D2, EE) Rekishi Monogatari

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:30 am

"Prefer the history ones. I'm not sure she is exactly interested in War. Could also give her dangerous ideas. Real history would be good, since she is interested in actual history."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:34 am

An emphatic nod. "Okay. Good stuff. Wait..." He looks to Aiichiro, "Dangerous ideas?"
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:38 am

"War monogatari usually fancy to bushi. So they have more or less acurrate details of basic operations."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:41 am

"Ohhhh spycraft. Okay." He nods again. "Better to have outdated things, gotcha."
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:46 am

"Nothing outside the library of a Shiro can be used for spycraft. I just think common sense is dangerous for a rōnin."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:54 am

"Oh? A ronin?" His eyebrows raise up in curiosity.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:03 pm

"She was humble and was working honestly on a patrol to oversee the borders of the Sea of Shadows. And also pretty smart, learnt how to read and would go on Temples to read the recordings they had there. Also knows art. So I felt pity she never got to read a pillow book her life."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:19 pm

A quick nod. "That's good! Going to send it with a messenger? I know some monks who're pretty good at that, if they're in the area."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:23 pm

"She's here. I can give it personally." He enters the market with a decisive step, looking around for book stalls. "And also a competitor."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:42 pm

"Ohhh! That reminds me, I should learn who all is competing. There was this ronin I met in Clear Water Village who was traveling to Otosan Uchi. Maybe someone here has met her!" He looks around for a book stall as well.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:48 pm

"My advice is to keep your distance from the Lions. They are so proud one of them is completely mean, they beat up Kenji-kun really hard and didn't even try to justify themselves. The other just brags about himself until you brag harder."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:27 pm

"Did you meet an Ikoma then?" He pauses a few moments. "I saw the match between the Matsu and Kenji. Kenji didn't back down. He faced someone whose strength was greater then his own, and he pushed himself. Do we celebrate our friend's resilience? Or his temporary opponent's victory?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:20 pm

"Oh, I didn't meet any Ikoma. It was a good thing Kenji didn't pass out there, but it does not make the situation fair. Although thinking on the situation better I can't blame Matsu-san for it either."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:07 pm

"Ah, I thought the Ikoma were the big braggers. Must be wrong." He looks to Aiichiro. "Best guess, the Matsu wanted to gain an advantage early. It's common in sumai to try and daze your opponent. Hida-sensei taught us to focus more on the grapple and the push, but there's other tactics."

He thinks a bit. "Still, if Kenji's permanently hurt over it, we should ask him if he wants us to get masks and clubs."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:13 pm

Yasuki Ginkarasu wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:07 pm
"Ah, I thought the Ikoma were the big braggers. Must be wrong." He looks to Aiichiro. "Best guess, the Matsu wanted to gain an advantage early. It's common in sumai to try and daze your opponent. Hida-sensei taught us to focus more on the grapple and the push, but there's other tactics."

He thinks a bit. "Still, if Kenji's permanently hurt over it, we should ask him if he wants us to get masks and clubs."
"Oh. If that's a thing I can't blame Matsu-san at all. Still, I'm not apologizing." He said with a hind of pride. "Kenji-kun seemed well after a shugenja cast a spell over him. I think we should talk with him later to see if he is really okay, though. Otherwise I may have to cut my hair in addition to the masks. It's too... identifiable."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:14 pm

"I hear that kabuki actors have a net thing they can use, to hide their hair under a mask. Plus, if you cut your hair suddenly, then after people would wonder what changed." He nodded fiercely.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:45 pm

"Yes, yes, that would be better. But, like, Kenji-kun told Matsu-san to hit harder. So even if he got a broken bone it is entirely his fault. I would rather not beat Matsu-san up."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:55 pm

A brief nod. "Okay, good. I'd rather not do it either."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:58 pm

"I think I see a book stall just over there?"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:07 am

"Good eye!" He heads over, speaking kindly to the merchant there. He dips his head in thanks. "No pillow books here, but they have a bunch of histories from around the Empire. Says there's a pillow book building three blocks over, just full of books made by the artisans of the Kakita."

Return to “Little Khanbulak”