(Day 2, LM) Welcome Ceremony

Zashi

Re: (Day 2, LM) Welcome Ceremony

Post by Zashi » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:56 am

Doji Kotomi wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:34 pm

"If the clan believed it was a good union, hai" Kotomi nodded "we're compatible and get along well, but all marriages have to give a benefit to the clan, such as the huge benefit the Fox will get from having your union to the prestigious Doji family of the Crane."
"Well, if you are as good as you say you are, then the Kakita would be thrilled to have a skilled duelist. I am sure they would be happy to have you then." Zashi leans in a little. "It's ok, you don't have to hide it"
Fox Clan | Shugenja | Smol | Quirky AF
"I may run and hide, but I'll never tell a lie."
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.7| Status: 1.0 | Topaz Points:

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:34 am

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:29 pm
"Mother always gave me the light-hearted novels. Said I had to have no hurry to on the darkened lands once I entered the dojo. Why would this question be?" He asks. It was a rōnin. Maybe she was putting an act and saw he was friendly.
"You wished to see my calligraphy, hai?" She said carefully. "This ceremony is not a good time, but I can certainly stop by at a later time to do so. I do not mind doing so elsewhere either. Whatever is easiest for Kaiu-sama, of course."
Ronin | Bushi | Duelist | Versatile | Odd
Carries: Daishi, Ashigaru Armor, Travelling Pack

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:46 am

Mirai wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:34 am
Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:29 pm
"Mother always gave me the light-hearted novels. Said I had to have no hurry to on the darkened lands once I entered the dojo. Why would this question be?" He asks. It was a rōnin. Maybe she was putting an act and saw he was friendly.
"You wished to see my calligraphy, hai?" She said carefully. "This ceremony is not a good time, but I can certainly stop by at a later time to do so. I do not mind doing so elsewhere either. Whatever is easiest for Kaiu-sama, of course."
"You don't need to hurry. Hurried art never turns out as good as the art you take your own time and pace to complete." He replies. "But I would like to see it, yes. It attracted my curiosity."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:19 am

"I am in no hurry Kaiu-sama, I am merely at your leisure. You can contact me with a message whenever you would wish to see it then." She gave a slight bow.
Ronin | Bushi | Duelist | Versatile | Odd
Carries: Daishi, Ashigaru Armor, Travelling Pack

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:06 am

He nodded with his head back. "I will seek you later." He said, then looked around, searching someone else to talk to.

(Day 2, LM) Welcome Ceremony - Lore: Bushido/Awareness for Mirai, TN 30: 4d10o10k3 26
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:21 am

Kenji looked at the approaching Girl and did not now who it was.

He waited for Saburo to see if he wanted to react to her, cause Kenji didn't knew her.
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:52 am

Bayushi Kaidan wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:22 am
Kakita Kenji wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:20 pm
Asako Saburo wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:41 am
"The past year has been... interesting. I was transferred here to Tsuma after I was in Hirosaka. I was also promised the post of Gokenin if I completed my gempukku here. How have you been? Your training as an Ishiken was certainly not easy, but if I may say so, you look better than before, is it thanks to your training?"

The girl waited to be acknowledged.
"Ah, so you have around this area the whole time, I take it? It is a good posting, if you are afforded the opportunity to serve in that title." He nodded afterwards. To end up a gokenin here, or anywhere near here? It was a plum of the Crane, even as small as it was. "I believe that the training we all went through did great favors to my development. I am in better health than I have ever been in my life. The training I have entered has ... broadened my perspetive considerably."

Seeing the young girl, he bowed apologetically. "Ah, hello there. My apologies. I am Asako Saburo. This is Kakita Kenji. Are you one of our fellow competitors?"
Phoenix Clan * Shugenja * Void * Sickly * Hypochondriac
Topaz Points: 212
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:15 am

The girl shook her head. She bowed politely. "No, I apologize for interrupting, Kakita sama and Asako sama. This one is Daidoji Ateko. I heard of your prowess in Hirosaka Asako sama and I also heard that Kakita sama was a part of the training there." She smiled. "I met another student from Hirosaka on my travels." She nodded.
Chosen Name: Bayushi Gakihiro
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1
Only wears the Scorpion Mon
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1 Glory: 1
Cat:Ninya
"I wear many mask, none is me"

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Kokyou wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:55 pm
"Aye! Hitoshi-san's soon to be a great sailor. A true matey to me, and th' Clan. Mighty potential n' 'im, I see." He nods a couple of times, thinking about how it should have been in Unicorn lands –– very different from the islands and sea.

He mentions, "I be happy t' hear yer horsey-mate had a sprog. Ye know wha'. Out o' th' classes we had at Hirosaka, I miss those ridin' lessons th' most. "
"Really? They were so brief. I'm surprised anyone even remembers those!" She'd been rather unhappy to have only a few hours of riding the entire time they were there. Unlike weapons skills they could practice any time, the horses weren't really available for practice outside of scheduled training. Possibly because they knew the Unicorn students might never get any other practice in if they could go riding. "But...what did you like about them?"
Unicorn Clan * Bushi * Battle Maiden * Honest and Fair * Hard to pronounce name
Honor: A Soul Above Question * Status: 1 * Glory: 3

Description

"Every day is a journey, and the journey itself home" -Bashō
Speaking Tegensai

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:10 pm

Ichiro was there he wasn't much for socializing he sat and nodded to those that he knew but simply watched the others present and kept to himself but wasn't opposed to people approaching him.
Unicorn Clan • Moto • Large • Confident * bushi
Honor: As Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 3.2
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Animal hide cloak

Zurui lizard pet TP: 254
speaking: Ujik, Mekhem, Senpet

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:40 pm

Utaku Nesrin wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:09 pm
"Really? They were so brief. I'm surprised anyone even remembers those!" She'd been rather unhappy to have only a few hours of riding the entire time they were there. Unlike weapons skills they could practice any time, the horses weren't really available for practice outside of scheduled training. Possibly because they knew the Unicorn students might never get any other practice in if they could go riding. "But...what did you like about them?"
"Aye. That's why I enjoyed them. 'twas a unique 'n rare experience. Fer me, at least." He says, omitting in a smirk the fact that he was enchanted my Utaku Oichi's extraordinary riding skillset.

--
D2, LM, Etiquette/Awareness: 6d10o10k5 41
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:01 am

Bayushi Kaidan wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:15 am
The girl shook her head. She bowed politely. "No, I apologize for interrupting, Kakita sama and Asako sama. This one is Daidoji Ateko. I heard of your prowess in Hirosaka Asako sama and I also heard that Kakita sama was a part of the training there." She smiled. "I met another student from Hirosaka on my travels." She nodded.
"Delighted," Kenji said and bowed. "Oh did you? I didn't know we were so well known. Who did you meet, may I ask?"
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:12 am

She smiled. "Bayushi Kaiden san... I wonder where he is?" She nodded. "Not many go and train with the Ruby champion who is now the Emerald champion."
Chosen Name: Bayushi Gakihiro
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1
Only wears the Scorpion Mon
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1 Glory: 1
Cat:Ninya
"I wear many mask, none is me"

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:21 am

Bayushi Kaidan wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:12 am
She smiled. "Bayushi Kaiden san... I wonder where he is?" She nodded. "Not many go and train with the Ruby champion who is now the Emerald champion."
"Oh did you meet him at the temple of the rising sun? He mentioned that he spent most of the year there. He has a reputation for mischief, maybe he's just roaming the crowd somewhere? I definitely saw him yesterday." Said Kenji and looked around

"I must confess it was a great honor to train under Agasha-sama. She was also good at... managing the unexpected lessons as well."

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:11 am

Kokyou wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:40 pm
"Aye. That's why I enjoyed them. 'twas a unique 'n rare experience. Fer me, at least." He says, omitting in a smirk the fact that he was enchanted my Utaku Oichi's extraordinary riding skillset.

--
D2, LM, Etiquette/Awareness: 6d10o10k5 41
(not sure what the roll was for. But it's a very polite smirk?)

"Ah well, sailing's a rarer one for me, and we didn't train to that at all." Other than river ferries, she'd never been on a boat. And those barely counted as boats. "I'm definitely looking forward to the riding competition here. A chance for Tabudai to have some glory too. But a week of fine weather and friends around is better than all the performing for the judges, honestly."

Description

Speaking Tegensai

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:22 am

Utaku Nesrin wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:11 am
(not sure what the roll was for. But it's a very polite smirk?)

"Ah well, sailing's a rarer one for me, and we didn't train to that at all." Other than river ferries, she'd never been on a boat. And those barely counted as boats. "I'm definitely looking forward to the riding competition here. A chance for Tabudai to have some glory too. But a week of fine weather and friends around is better than all the performing for the judges, honestly."
"Sink me. Indeed. That shall definitely be an mighty competition. I look t' meet Tabudai, if ye allow. Seems like a nice fellow. Nah that I know about horses, or animals in general." Kokyou mentions, wondering how his horse should be named.

--
It was supposed to be Sincerity (cover up that he's rather too interested about Oichi).
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:36 pm

Kokyou wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:22 am
"Sink me. Indeed. That shall definitely be an mighty competition. I look t' meet Tabudai, if ye allow. Seems like a nice fellow. Nah that I know about horses, or animals in general." Kokyou mentions, wondering how his horse should be named.

--
It was supposed to be Sincerity (cover up that he's rather too interested about Oichi).
"I'm sure that can be arranged sometime this week. Tea and carrots...since horses are not fond of tea...would be a reasonable picnic, I think." She offers a nod to someone passing by who she knew.

"What competition do you think you'll do best in?"

(I'll consider that covered then. XD)

Description

Speaking Tegensai

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:09 pm

"Dashin'." He says, explaining, "Nah sure thar's a competition fer that. But I tell ye. Kind o' hard t' beat me."

Oh! Boy, he grins.

"'tis a date, then. Ye, me... 'n yer Tabudai chaperon."

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:22 am

Kakita Kenji wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:21 am
Bayushi Kaidan wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:12 am
"Oh did you meet him at the temple of the rising sun? He mentioned that he spent most of the year there. He has a reputation for mischief, maybe he's just roaming the crowd somewhere? I definitely saw him yesterday." Said Kenji and looked around

"I must confess it was a great honor to train under Agasha-sama. She was also good at... managing the unexpected lessons as well."
"I never actually spent much time in Bayushi-san's company," Saburo admitted. He probably had said only a few words to the man when they'd met. The reputation of the Scorpion to do... well, what he always seemed to like doing had never really entered the Phoenix's mind.

"But I do recall him being at the academy. You spent more time with him, I take it? And, as Kakita-san says, it was a great honor to study underneath Agasha-sama. She and her sensei were extremely helpful to all of us."
Phoenix Clan * Shugenja * Void * Sickly * Hypochondriac
Topaz Points: 212
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:24 am

Kokyou wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:09 pm
"Dashin'." He says, explaining, "Nah sure thar's a competition fer that. But I tell ye. Kind o' hard t' beat me."

Oh! Boy, he grins.

"'tis a date, then. Ye, me... 'n yer Tabudai chaperon."
Nesrin nods, "there's something of a footrace, of course. That's dashing, I'd think." She says this straight-faced, with no impression that she's picking up on the pun at all. Just normal Battle Maiden earnestness. "You did pretty well at that back in training too, yeah?"

(ooc, set up Tabudai picnic for sometime D3? I'm actually online a bit more Saturday than is usual right now. Or, if fairly full up, given 3 slots of competition, Day 6 hits another weekend day. Otherwise we've got poorly overlapping timezones XD.)

Description

Speaking Tegensai

Return to “The Kakita Dueling Academy”