A Touch of Home (D1, EE, Open)

Utaku Ichiro

Re: A Touch of Home (D1, EE, Open)

Post by Utaku Ichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:59 am

The Utaku nods, "Land travel as well, since it hails from the Sands, but that is my rough understanding."
Unicorn • Bushi • Experienced • Enlightened • Ascetic • Heroic Muse
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 5.2 • Infamy: 0.5 • Topaz Points: 229

Gear in Tsuma: Poorly sized purple and ivory utilitarian travelling clothes, charred gold scarf, daisho, jade
Outside Tusma: Unicorn riding horse, riding armor, scimitar, daisho, ono, han-kyu and arrows, jade
Description

Before the thunder can roar the lightning must strike

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:08 am

"I personally don't need this, but feel free to get it if you want." He looks at everything else in the stall, trying to see if he can figure out a pattern to the designs of the decorative objects.
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Utaku Ichiro

Post by Utaku Ichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:18 am

Ichiro shakes his head, "No, I don't have much need of anything outside of what my duties require. I was mainly here just to have a taste of home - however far removed."
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 5.2 • Infamy: 0.5 • Topaz Points: 229

Gear in Tsuma: Poorly sized purple and ivory utilitarian travelling clothes, charred gold scarf, daisho, jade
Outside Tusma: Unicorn riding horse, riding armor, scimitar, daisho, ono, han-kyu and arrows, jade
Description

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:37 am

As he is looking through the various metal pieces. He notices a set of strange knives, too small and dull to be used for butchering of any sort, along with it is a mini spear with 3 prongs, smaller than a dagger, and a spoon that is too shallow to actually hold soup. "Strange, why are these put together? A mini spear, a too small spoon, and an incomplete knife."

(OOC western cutlery)
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224

Utaku Ichiro

Post by Utaku Ichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:16 am

"Oh, those are eating utensils." He pauses in thought, "I'm not sure where they first originated. Perhaps the Sands as well - they wouldn't have wood to spare for chopsticks."

Description

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:23 am

"I get that, but couldn't they make metal chopsticks too? No, they have different eating customs that make these more efficient." He looks around at different stalls trying to see some furniture from where he's standing. There he notices a square table, bigger than one used for tea and too tall. "Do they not serve hot pot dinners, instead opting for individual portions every meal?"

Utaku Ichiro

Post by Utaku Ichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:21 am

"It would depend on the people. The Ujik enjoy communal meals like we do but others do not. It is easy to look at small tribes, like the Yobanjin, and think of gaijin like we would provinces of the Empire. But the lands outside the Empire are as vast as the sea and some kingdoms would likely rival us in the size of their lands."

Description

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:37 am

"Either way, adding techniques only improves your range of dishes. Is there a stall that sells information here?"

Utaku Ichiro

Post by Utaku Ichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:40 am

Ichiro looks around, stroking his chin, "I don't imagine them having something specifically set up like that. A lot of the knowledge is considered distasteful after all. Though I am sure most of the traders would be happy to share what they know for coin." He pauses and laughs, "Though I am sure many will also share what they don't know for coin. So have a discerning ear to tell truth from tall tale."

Description

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:43 am

"I was considering more a cookbook. A sharing of techniques from the other side of the sands. I can't always have a unicorn in the kitchen with me."

Utaku Ichiro

Post by Utaku Ichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:09 am

"Ahhh, right." The Unicorn nods, "I am sure that some of the vendors would likely have scrolls of such. I'm not sure how large any one collection might be but I'm sure you could gather at least a few."

Description

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:38 am

Haruki finds such a vendor and gets a cookbook (which while it was sold in leather-bound, the servant grabs it with a cloth and wraps it in a simple book cover).

Utaku Ichiro

Post by Utaku Ichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:22 am

"It seems you've had a very productive trip already."

Description

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:22 pm

"Yes, it's not every day you can get foreign goods in this way, especially from the burning sands. "

(Scene end?)

Utaku Ichiro

Post by Utaku Ichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:52 pm

Another nod from the young Utaku, "Indeed. I hope they serve you well. Perhaps another feast after the tournament."

He looks to the darkening sky, "But I should be getting back and getting some rest before the challenges truly begin. May the Fortunes guide you to your destiny, Kaito-san."

/scene

Description

Return to “Little Khanbulak”