(Day 2, EM) Fan of War

Kaiu Aiichiro

(Day 2, EM) Fan of War

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:57 am

He now needed to finish his craft. Much was done last day, but not all. Going to the town square to do so, he again finds the public forge in use, although not crowded.
He picks a table next to peasants, used to work around a lot of people in the great forge of the Kaiu.
(Edit: no need to tell people to get out)
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Kitsuki Asahi

Re: (Day 2, EM) Fan of War

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:14 pm

Asahi had not had time to explore much of Tsuma after arriving. His goal was to do so today, before testing began. He was naturally interested in the availability of a forge and was soon given directions. He carried a hammer with him, one worn and well used, but reverently cared for.

"Good morning, Kaiu-sama." he offered a bow upon seeing the Crab.
Dragon ▪︎ Courtier ▪︎ Investigator ▪︎ Artisan ▪︎ Smith ▪︎ Unlucky
Status 1 ▪︎ Glory 1 ▪︎ Honor: Exceptional ▪︎ Topaz Points: 155

Carries: Wakizashi, Knife, Fan, Seal, Water

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:20 pm

He bows shallowly back. "Good morning, Kitsuki-san." He looks back to his work as it was needed. "Our Crane hosts have been so considerative with their tenet of compassion, giving the peasants the same forges intended to be used by their samurai, don't you think?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:42 pm

"I agree." he nodded. "The forge cares little about the station of those who make use of it, after all."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:50 pm

He looks to the Kitsuki, blinks a few times and continues to work. "What are you working on today?"

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:58 pm

"I haven't decided." he admitted. "I wanted to see the forge and what resources might be available. Something small, perhaps a tanto for now. Are you continuing the work you mentioned yesterday?""

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:08 pm

"Resources you will have to buy for yourself, you are not in the land of your lord here. Although the market is just right by. And I am indeed. A tessen, the ones that look like fans instead of the flat metal discs like the one I have with me right now."

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:19 pm

"That is why I am thinking of something small." he nodded. "I confess, I've not crafted a tessen before. it seems like it would be an interesting challenge."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:25 pm

"It's not hard or timetaking. I literally started this yesterday and I'm almost finishing it now. I'm trying to make it pretty and tidy, however."

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:37 pm

"Of course." he nodded again. "Do you pursue other crafts, Kaiu-sama?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:39 pm

"Yes. I'm first and foremost a battlemaster. So I should also be a competent warrior as well."

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:48 pm

"As should a magistrate." Again, he nodded. "But, it has been suggested that I should consider more artistic pursuits. I enjoy working in the forge, but I've always considered it a practical interest, not an art."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:00 am

"I learnt one or two thinks about calligraphy in the imperial dojo, but I rarely practice it. My thoughts on the matter are the same as yours. But ignore anyone who says blades aren't art or something like that. The Kakita Artisans make swords."

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:22 am

"I'd like to observe their craft." he smiled. "Each clan has different approaches to how they forge their blades. The flexibility of the Kakita. The durability of the Kaiu. The precision of the Akodo. The ingenuity of the Agasha."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:35 am

"Our family and the Agasha have been somewhat allies for long," he says. "Is it true the Agasha call you Kitsuki their little brothers because your family is a branch of theirs?"

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:55 am

"Agasha Kitsuki may not have been a shugenja, but his philosophy was consistent with the family. Stories of Agasha portray her as an observer of the world who enjoyed studying it and delving into its riddles and mysteries. Her family has always followed that example, experimenting with new materials and techniques, including my father." His hand patted his hammer at the mention of his father. "The Kitsuki, in turn, reflect that in the way we look for details and learn from what we find. We are siblings in many ways."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:35 am

"I see. We don't have any direct lookalikes in the Crab. Maybe the Hiruma find themselves in the Hida, but that's unlikely. Everyone is divided into very different functions for the same purpose. The Hiruma scout, the Hida fight, the Kaiu build, the Kuni discover and the Yasuki commerce." He replies, right on his way to finish the Tessen...
(Day 2, EM) Fan of War - Weaponsmithing/Strength TN 15 with one raise (Quality): 6d10o10k3 23

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:16 am

"Well, the Togashi and the Mirumoto are different." he shrugged. "A reclusive and enigmatic order and a pragmatic military. But, we all fit together and complement each other in some way."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:45 am

"Guess it is the same for us." The tessen finished, he walked outside the forge and held it towards the sky, gesticulating — and attracting the confused attention of some ashigaru. The light of the sun jumped from above to his war fan, and from it to white blotches where he aimed at.
It was done, complete and functional. He took a deep breath with the sight of his success.

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:08 am

"Very fine work, Kaiu-sama." Asahi smiled. "I will need to make one myself someday."

Return to “Little Khanbulak”