(Day 2, LM) Welcome Ceremony

Kaiu Aiichiro

Re: (Day 2, LM) Welcome Ceremony

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:20 pm

Mirai wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:01 pm
Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:34 pm
"Mai-san? Pretty sure she is here. Kohai of mines. They invited everyone who attended the imperial dojo as far I have seen, alongside others." He takes a sip of water. "Reminds me I have to talk with her."
She gave a soft nod. "The dojo they mentioned? How prestigious. How did you fare there?"
"Averagely. Was still a good experience. Mai-san was the best student." He replies. "Who is your patron?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:24 pm

A Crane maiden took a position amongst the Cranes.

//D2 LM Acting Random Crane Girl Bushi 3 raises TN 30: 9d10ro1o10k4 32 TN to be found out 30

PM if approached.
Chosen Name: Bayushi Gakihiro
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1
Only wears the Scorpion Mon
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1 Glory: 1
Cat:Ninya
"I wear many mask, none is me"

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:39 pm

Bayushi Kaidan wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:24 pm

A Crane maiden took a position amongst the Cranes.
//D2 LM Acting Random Crane Girl Bushi 3 raises TN 30: 9d10ro1o10k4 32 TN to be found out 30
PM if approached.
As Nobuko returned to the crowd, she noticed someone among the Crane that wasn't from the Academy and she hadn't seen before. Curious about what dojo the girl trained in, she started to approach when she realized something was... off... about her. She was... familiar. And yet...

Was that... oh, what was his name? That other Bayushi from Hirosaka... the Crane looking one... Kaidan!

What was he doing dressed like that?

She strode up to the boy- no. Currently, the girl. She strode right up and bowed, "Crane-san. I don't think we've been introduced properly. I am Otomo Nobuko and I have trained at the Kakita Academy among the Swordsmiths and Artisans. What dojo do you hail from?"

----
OOC:
D2; LM; Investigation/Perception: 5d10o10k3 30 I did not expect that to actually make it >>
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:47 pm

She looked at Nobuko and smiled. "Salutations, Otomo sama. I am not Kakita trained." She bowed. "I have been training in Shinden Asahina." Then straighten. "This one is Daidoji Ateko."
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:51 pm

Bayushi Kaidan wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:47 pm

She looked at Nobuko and smiled. "Salutations, Otomo sama. I am not Kakita trained." She bowed. "I have been training in Shinden Asahina."
"You are a priest of the Kami, then, Daidoji-san?" she asked, to clarify. She was certain that wasn't true. But then, she didn't really know what Kaidan had trained in. She'd paid more attention to Jiro, with whom she had found a fast friend, and Otogo, whom was of a temperament she had found agreeable for a potential marriage, than she had to the other boy.

"If so, then the Crane are certain to be well represented on all fronts."
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:06 pm

The girl shook her head. "My Daidoji training took me there to learn divination techniques." The girl is not lying, and neither is the boy behind the mask. The Bayushi indeed had been training in Shinden Asahina for half of the past year. "I am no priestess Otomo sama, a mere warrior of the clan."

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:31 pm

His eyes moves left from right nonstop. So many girls have grown up. Mai trying to look inconspicuous, but failing. Mirai succeeding partially. Nobuko with all the booty she carries. So many new Cranes around –– hello you, new girl –– and Kotomi, despite probably despising him, get a smirking glance. Sasaiko...

He jumps Saburo's ugly face with a blink and moves on to watch the sensei. After day dreaming about riding with Utaku Oichi once more, Kokyou bows back to the shining example that is Kakita Toshimoku.

The young man's heart is filled with joy and will to succeed.
Utaku Nesrin wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:01 pm
Nesrin attends in full deel and boots, hair braided and pinned in gentle coils. She's left her stick behind, since this seems the sort of ceremony where an actual blade would be left at the door. Quietly, her eyes drink in all the people and outfits from everywhere in the Empire.

(pm if approaching to chat. This thread is likely to get a bit full and easy to miss such things otherwise.)
His heart skips a beat as his eyes cross with Nesrin thirst, for some odd reason. He nods to her, approaching, but not too much he would disturb her own admiration of the whole scene.
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:32 pm

Doji Kotomi wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:24 pm

Kotomi looked at the voice that spoke, tilting her head a moment before bowing.

"Good morning. It's always nice to meet someone who understands. Forgive me, but I'm not sure I know you?"
If anything, Zashi's smile grows wider. "I am not surprised. This one spent most of the time at the Kakita Academy where you wouldn't have noticed. I had a great deal to catch up on, but I did hear...well, you didn't see me in the dojo because they forbade shugenja from taking part in that event, but I hear that most people sum up their time with you as feeling like they've been smashed with bokken."

"Unrelated, it seems that we have a mutual acquaintance in Kakita Kenji. He had a brotherly affection and a protective streak of my now betrothed."
Fox Clan | Shugenja | Smol | Quirky AF
"I may run and hide, but I'll never tell a lie."
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.7| Status: 1.0 | Topaz Points:

Doji Kotomi

Post by Doji Kotomi » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:36 pm

Zashi wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:32 pm
If anything, Zashi's smile grows wider. "I am not surprised. This one spent most of the time at the Kakita Academy where you wouldn't have noticed. I had a great deal to catch up on, but I did hear...well, you didn't see me in the dojo because they forbade shugenja from taking part in that event, but I hear that most people sum up their time with you as feeling like they've been smashed with bokken."

"Unrelated, it seems that we have a mutual acquaintance in Kakita Kenji. He had a brotherly affection and a protective streak of my now betrothed."
"Oh? You've been an invited guest to the Academy? I wasn't aware of a Fox Shugenja around. Most surprising" Kotomi commented idly "and you know Kenji-san also? How wonderful, Kenji-san is one of my oldest friends. Although I often had to help him, I guess part of the costs of being the star of the dojo is guiding others so they can aspire to be at my level. What did you say your name was?"
Crane Clan * Duelist * Prodigy * Smart * Smug * Better than Kazuko * Not very Courteous * Profile
Equipment: Better quality clothes, Umbrella, mirror, Daisho/No-dachi/Light armour where allowed

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:52 pm

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:20 pm
"Averagely. Was still a good experience. Mai-san was the best student." He replies. "Who is your patron?"
"They are a Crane, though I do not formally know their name." It was a strange circumstance, but that was what she knew she could share.
Ronin | Bushi | Duelist | Versatile | Odd
Carries: Daishi, Ashigaru Armor, Travelling Pack

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:54 pm

Mirai wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:52 pm
Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:20 pm
"They are a Crane, though I do not formally know their name." It was a strange circumstance, but that was what she knew she could share.
"If it was a Crane, I believe you have your share of the Crane specialties. Not something I would expect from a ronin by far. Guess you are a duelist?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:03 am

Doji Kotomi wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:36 pm

"Oh? You've been an invited guest to the Academy? I wasn't aware of a Fox Shugenja around. Most surprising" Kotomi commented idly "and you know Kenji-san also? How wonderful, Kenji-san is one of my oldest friends. Although I often had to help him, I guess part of the costs of being the star of the dojo is guiding others so they can aspire to be at my level. What did you say your name was?"
"Ahh forgive me. I am called Kitsune Zashi. I met Kenji-san at the dojo experiment. It would seem that your help did him some good. It's no surprise to hear that you missed him while he was away."

Ikoma Eichiro

Post by Ikoma Eichiro » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:18 am

Ikoma Eichiro is here too. Nijiro made sure to walk with him to the event today so that Eichiro wouldn't get lost. He wouldn't have gotten lost anyways, of couuurse.

He is snappily dressed in Lion yellows and browns, Ikoma mon over his heart with both Lion and Ikoma Bard school mons also displayed prominently. He appears to be freshly shaved, but unfortunately for him it gives him a bit of a baby face. He is wearing a courtly hat and every so often the light hits his eye in just the right way to shine a bit copper, like the glint of ore in the earth.

He listens intently, taking in every word and processing it to be saved for later. Once it is done, and the ceremony devolves into a meet and greet he approaches the champion and runner up, Nijiro trailing behind ever watchful.

He waits patiently as an Otomo (he saw the mon last night and has guessed it correctly) asked questions of them, and received many answers that he himself had required. Now they could prepare for the events to come.

((Before I approach, and I may have missed this, are they both carrying full daisho?))
Lion Clan * Courtier * Lucky * Sage * Paragon of Honesty
Honor: Exceptional - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Topaz Points: Passing
Carries: Spices, Fan, Chopsticks, Sake Cup, Personal Chop, Small Hand Mirror
Wakizashi is in room, not an adult yet.

Doji Kotomi

Post by Doji Kotomi » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:11 am

Zashi wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:03 am
"Ahh forgive me. I am called Kitsune Zashi. I met Kenji-san at the dojo experiment. It would seem that your help did him some good. It's no surprise to hear that you missed him while he was away."
"Good to meet you Kitsune-san. As for Kenji-san, doesn't one always miss their friends? He left for that silly dojo experiment when he could have been here training still, but it's been useful from what I understand. If it means he'll finish runner up to me it'll be all worthwhile. You mentioned a betrothal? Congratulations on securing marriage, I hope it's a good one."
Crane Clan * Duelist * Prodigy * Smart * Smug * Better than Kazuko * Not very Courteous * Profile
Equipment: Better quality clothes, Umbrella, mirror, Daisho/No-dachi/Light armour where allowed

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:34 am

"Well, I don't know about that. He would have to beat me after all." Zashi tries to keep up a cheerful expression.

I can't even hate how sure she is

"It gets very complicated when you have bushi, shugenja and courtiers all in their own separate competitions. But indeed, yes, I was fortunate enough to meet my betrothed during that experiment, and with luck I will be joining the Doji family soon." Zashi smiles. "It seems Kenji may be similarly fortunate with Kazuko."

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:15 am

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:54 pm
"If it was a Crane, I believe you have your share of the Crane specialties. Not something I would expect from a ronin by far. Guess you are a duelist?"
She gave a slight nod. "I know something of the practice, hai. I have some artistic talent as well. What of you Kaiu-sama? I know your family is renowned for it's crafting and building."
Ronin | Bushi | Duelist | Versatile | Odd
Carries: Daishi, Ashigaru Armor, Travelling Pack

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:37 am

Mirai wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:15 am
Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:54 pm
She gave a slight nod. "I know something of the practice, hai. I have some artistic talent as well. What of you Kaiu-sama? I know your family is renowned for it's crafting and building."
"I'm a battlemaster, warrior and weaponsmith." He replies. "What is your art? And your name?" He asks again, not remebering it from all those days before.

Doji Kotomi

Post by Doji Kotomi » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:02 am

Zashi wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:34 am
"Well, I don't know about that. He would have to beat me after all." Zashi tries to keep up a cheerful expression.

I can't even hate how sure she is

"It gets very complicated when you have bushi, shugenja and courtiers all in their own separate competitions. But indeed, yes, I was fortunate enough to meet my betrothed during that experiment, and with luck I will be joining the Doji family soon." Zashi smiles. "It seems Kenji may be similarly fortunate with Kazuko."
"Congratulations. The Doji family are the family everyone wishes they could join, and few ever can" Kotomi smirked, although that smirk vanished quickly "as for Kenji-san and Kazuko, I'm sure she would love the chance to be with Kenj-san but I know my clan well. Kenji-san is destined for better."

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:07 am

"What?" Zashi puts a hand over his mouth demurely. "Someone better?"

Ok, I might be laying it on a tad thick there.

For Zashi, it was a game, one he had been looking forward to and preparing for longer than Kotomi knew.

"She is honorable enough a bushi. Forgive my lack of knowledge as such a newcomer, but who superior would be interested?"

Doji Kotomi

Post by Doji Kotomi » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:22 am

Zashi wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:07 am
"What?" Zashi puts a hand over his mouth demurely. "Someone better?"

Ok, I might be laying it on a tad thick there.

For Zashi, it was a game, one he had been looking forward to and preparing for longer than Kotomi knew.

"She is honorable enough a bushi. Forgive my lack of knowledge as such a newcomer, but who superior would be interested?"
"Plenty of people Kitsune-san. Being honourable isn't enough, one needs to be a good match. I'm no Nadoko but even I can see that Kenji-san and Kazuko-san are on two different directions in life. Kenji-san could become something great like an Emerald magistrate. Kazuko-san could become...a good Sparrow housewife."

Return to “The Kakita Dueling Academy”