(Day 2, LM) Welcome Ceremony

Mirai

Re: (Day 2, LM) Welcome Ceremony

Post by Mirai » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:49 pm

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:11 pm
"Rōnin? I didn't expect to see you here. What are you up to this time?" He says curiously, trying to get her attention.
Mirai looked mildly surprised, but only for a split second before bowing low to Aiichiro. "Kaiu-sama, it is an honor to see you once again. I am here to participate in the tournament."
Ronin | Bushi | Duelist | Versatile | Odd
Carries: Daishi, Ashigaru Armor, Travelling Pack

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:58 pm

"I didn't... I didn't expect this." He replies. "I also am. This is good news to hear. Your presence was smoothly even likeable last time we met."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:17 pm

"I was working to make passage north on a different ship when we met Kaiu-sama, though I did not know it was for an invitation here at the time." She paused. "I believe I have seen the Mantis here as well."

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:30 pm

Prash listens attently as Yukimi talked about the tournament and its events. There might be a few questions he might like to ask about some of the events, but more than anything he was happy to see other of his colleagues from last year again.

He was equally surprised and pleased with the name of his opponent for the Sumai match. He had exchanged a few letters with the Togashi monk since last year, but he hadn't seen him in person since they had left Hirosaka. It would be an odd reunion, meeting him in the Sumai ring, but fun nonetheless.

For now the Iuchi took the time to hear some of what others had to say, but he kept a friendly and open to any who approaches him.

OOC:
Please PM if approaching! Hard to keep track in large threads : )
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:34 pm

Mirai wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:17 pm
"I was working to make passage north on a different ship when we met Kaiu-sama, though I did not know it was for an invitation here at the time." She paused. "I believe I have seen the Mantis here as well."
"Mai-san? Pretty sure she is here. Kohai of mines. They invited everyone who attended the imperial dojo as far I have seen, alongside others." He takes a sip of water. "Reminds me I have to talk with her."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:47 pm

Bayushi Jiro sat and listened to Toshimoku's speech and the comments of the former competitors without comment, his posture erect and his eyes facing straight forward. When the presentation ended, he produced his fan and wafted it gently, simply observing the other young samurai assembled there.
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro
Honor: Untrustworthy, Infamy: 1, Status: 2, Topaz Points: 254

Wearing: a lovely scarf, wakizashi, extravagant clothing This mask

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:01 pm

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:34 pm
"Mai-san? Pretty sure she is here. Kohai of mines. They invited everyone who attended the imperial dojo as far I have seen, alongside others." He takes a sip of water. "Reminds me I have to talk with her."
She gave a soft nod. "The dojo they mentioned? How prestigious. How did you fare there?"

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:08 pm

Wyn listens to the announcement and begins wandering the crowd, looking for his opponent.
Imperial Family * Artisan * Courtier * Benton's Blessing * Short * Idealistic * Prodigy
Dojo Points: 104 | Status 1.5 | Glory 6.0 | Honor: Above Question
| Topaz Points: 166
Equipment: Kimono, Ink Brush Kit, Journal, Several Scrolls

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:11 pm

Nobuko used the time to look around and start learning the faces of all the competitors for the year. The people she would be facing off against at some point. And if not directly, than in the points department. At Hirosaka she had not led the pack, as it were, but she also did not lag behind, coming in just behind the winners by only a small margin. She felt she had what she needed to pass her gempukku in the formal manner required.

After the ceremonial part was over, she wound her way through the gathered crowd to the previous year's Topaz Champion and bowed to her and the runner up, "Kitsuki-sama, Bayushi-sama. It is never a bad idea to learn what is ahead of us. As the Tao says: 'In order to choose the correct path, you must know the pitfalls that await you'. Could you tell me of the tasks we will be asked to prove ourselves in over the next week? As specifically as you are allowed."
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:15 pm

Jiro, from his position observing the crowd, finds his eyes drawn to Nobuko speaking with the competitors. Clever, Nobu-chan. Now, for the reply...

Read Lips attempt=26
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro
Honor: Untrustworthy, Infamy: 1, Status: 2, Topaz Points: 254

Wearing: a lovely scarf, wakizashi, extravagant clothing This mask

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:16 pm

Otomo Nobuko wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:11 pm
Nobuko used the time to look around and start learning the faces of all the competitors for the year. The people she would be facing off against at some point. And if not directly, than in the points department. At Hirosaka she had not led the pack, as it were, but she also did not lag behind, coming in just behind the winners by only a small margin. She felt she had what she needed to pass her gempukku in the formal manner required.

After the ceremonial part was over, she wound her way through the gathered crowd to the previous year's Topaz Champion and bowed to her and the runner up, "Kitsuki-sama, Bayushi-sama. It is never a bad idea to learn what is ahead of us. As the Tao says: 'In order to choose the correct path, you must know the pitfalls that await you'. Could you tell me of the tasks we will be asked to prove ourselves in over the next week? As specifically as you are allowed."
The Topaz Champion bows, and while the Scorpion does, his is deeper than hers.

"Certainly, Otomo-sama. I am happy to let you know the events we faced the previous year."

She smiles gently.

"Sumai, Heraldry, Athletics, Horseback Riding, Culture, Weaprony, Artistry, Law, Games, Archery, and Hunting."

Kaito Haruki wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:37 pm
"That may be true, but I see this as just another obstacle in our careers. Like how it is easier to teach a child conduct when they are young, how a samurai starts their career sets how dedicated they are to their clans."
The Crab shrugs.

"I know my worth, as do the Yasuki. I have no need to prove it to anyone here."
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:30 pm

Vutall wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:16 pm
The Topaz Champion bows, and while the Scorpion does, his is deeper than hers.

"Certainly, Otomo-sama. I am happy to let you know the events we faced the previous year."

She smiles gently.

"Sumai, Heraldry, Athletics, Horseback Riding, Culture, Weaprony, Artistry, Law, Games, Archery, and Hunting."
"If I might continue, is there anything you can tell me about the Athletics and Weaponry events? Will be asked to conduct ourselves in jumping or running or swimming? Or use a specific weapon? If you cannot give such details I, of course, understand."

But those seemed the two that didn't have the most obvious of directions that they might be tested, so it was worth asking.
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:41 pm

Kenji eagerly listened to the speech. It would be an interesting week ahead of him. But much more interesting was whether a certain bitter, fiery friend could be spotted somewhere in the crowd.

After the speech he wandered a little through the crowd,...
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:22 pm

Otomo Nobuko wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:30 pm

"If I might continue, is there anything you can tell me about the Athletics and Weaponry events? Will be asked to conduct ourselves in jumping or running or swimming? Or use a specific weapon? If you cannot give such details I, of course, understand."

But those seemed the two that didn't have the most obvious of directions that they might be tested, so it was worth asking.
"The Athletics event is historically a combination of running and climbing as it is an obstacle course. Weaponry is a choice between Kenjutsu, Spears, Staves, or Polearms."
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:27 pm

Vutall wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:22 pm
"The Athletics event is historically a combination of running and climbing as it is an obstacle course. Weaponry is a choice between Kenjutsu, Spears, Staves, or Polearms."
"Thank you Kitsuki-sama," she said, bowing again. Then once more to Sugai, "And you as well, Bayushi-sama. You are both examples I hope to live up to."

With that, she backed away politely and then returned to the crowd, leaving them free for others to approach.

Utaku Ichiro

Post by Utaku Ichiro » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:36 pm

Ichiro attended, as was expected, and listened intently. Once the speech was done he focused more on how the various competitors acted and interacted than seeking to socialize himself.

(PM if approaching)
Unicorn • Bushi • Experienced • Enlightened • Ascetic • Heroic Muse
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 5.2 • Infamy: 0.5 • Topaz Points: 229

Gear in Tsuma: Poorly sized purple and ivory utilitarian travelling clothes, charred gold scarf, daisho, jade
Outside Tusma: Unicorn riding horse, riding armor, scimitar, daisho, ono, han-kyu and arrows, jade
Description

Before the thunder can roar the lightning must strike

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:22 pm

Sasaiko listens to the speech and surveys the competition.

She also looks for one or two, in particular.
Toritaka Noriko
Falcon * Phantom Hunter (Shug)
S 2.0 * G 2.1 * H As Expected

On-site: robes, sandals, and scroll satchel and scrolls, Seppun blade, Miya-made map of Tsuma; might have money
Off: the above + loaded traveling pack

Doji Kotomi

Post by Doji Kotomi » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:44 pm

Kotomi manages to resist an eyeroll at the annoucements.

So they are trying to give the Ruby champs special projects more advantages? Heh, I suppose they need all the help they can get she thought to herself, smirking a little as she looked around.

(ooc - free for approaches, pm me!)
Crane Clan * Duelist * Prodigy * Smart * Smug * Better than Kazuko * Not very Courteous * Profile
Equipment: Better quality clothes, Umbrella, mirror, Daisho/No-dachi/Light armour where allowed

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:06 pm

Zashi grins as he spies a target, approaching a very well put together Crane girl. he approaches and bows.

"Greetings Doji Kotomi-san. It is a pleasure to finally meet you formalky, though I feel as if I already know you. Your reputation at the Kakita Academy was fierce.:
Fox Clan | Shugenja | Smol | Quirky AF
"I may run and hide, but I'll never tell a lie."
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.7| Status: 1.0 | Topaz Points:

Doji Kotomi

Post by Doji Kotomi » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:24 pm

Zashi wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:06 pm
Zashi grins as he spies a target, approaching a very well put together Crane girl. he approaches and bows.

"Greetings Doji Kotomi-san. It is a pleasure to finally meet you formalky, though I feel as if I already know you. Your reputation at the Kakita Academy was fierce.:
Kotomi looked at the voice that spoke, tilting her head a moment before bowing.

"Good morning. It's always nice to meet someone who understands. Forgive me, but I'm not sure I know you?"
Crane Clan * Duelist * Prodigy * Smart * Smug * Better than Kazuko * Not very Courteous * Profile
Equipment: Better quality clothes, Umbrella, mirror, Daisho/No-dachi/Light armour where allowed

Return to “The Kakita Dueling Academy”