D1 EA: what did I miss?

Kaito Haruki

D1 EA: what did I miss?

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:02 am

After having a rather eventful arrival to Tsuma, Haruki took a quick detour to the temples (after dropping off his weapons with an official so they can be put away safely in Phoenix custody). Then he went to his future place of rest, according to the invitation it is called "The House of the Laughing Carp".
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Mirai

Re: D1 EA: what did I miss?

Post by Mirai » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:22 am

The Inn seemed quite busy, as fit one of the Inn's hosting guests of the tournament. People were constantly coming and going, from all sorts of clans, both old and young. For MIrai, it was clearly a bit overwhelming. She was used to smaller towns and quaint inns, and this was (at least at the moment) hardly a small town, or a quaint inn.

Still, she found a place off to the side where she could relax a little with some tea. She noted a few that came and went, including the white haired Phoenix.
Ronin | Bushi | Duelist | Versatile | Odd
Carries: Daishi, Ashigaru Armor, Travelling Pack

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:11 am

Coming down from the rooms and looking for a quiet place himself was a young man in relatively simple robes, clearly in Unicorn colours. A small satchel in his Obi might give him out as a Shugenja, thought its shape seems a bit odd for scrolls; at the same time, in some things he looks a bit more like a monk, and he carries an old copy of the Tao under one of his hands.

Looking around, he sees the Ronin in a quieter place and slowly walks to that side, a pleased smile on his lips. He bows a bit to her, but refrains from speaking for now so as to avoid disturbing her.

For now he doesn't seem to notice the Phoenix whom he knew from Hirosaka amid the movement close to the reception.
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:22 am

Haruki politely waits to check in using the invitation, then goes to his room to check his things before coming downstairs to converse with other contestants.
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:58 am

It took Mirai a moment more to realize that she knew the white haired man, remembering him from the hub village. She spoke up just a bit. "Isawa-sama, it is an honor to see you again," she said politely, although she left it to him if he wished to speak.

It was at that moment that she noticed that she'd been approached by a. Unicorn samurai to her side. Since she still wanted Haruki to have time, she gave the boy a bow. "Iuchi-sama."

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:00 am

When the Ronin speaks, the Iuchi bows to her as well, not as low as she did, but in a way that showed some respect to her no matter her position. "Wolf-san. It's a pleasure to meet you. I did not want to bother you with your tea, but if this one may ask - I suppose you are also here for the championship?" His voice sounds gentle and friendly, more as if he was genuinely interested or curious, and less like that of one focused on the competition.
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:04 am

The girl paused a moment before giving a slight nod. "Hai, I have been given invitation to participate in the tournament, as I am guessing you will be as well."

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:16 am

"How have you been Iuchi-San, it has been a while." Haruki takes a moment to look around and see if there are other contestants in the room. "How many people outside of those from Hirosaka are competing?"

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:30 am

Mirai wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:04 am
The girl paused a moment before giving a slight nod. "Hai, I have been given invitation to participate in the tournament, as I am guessing you will be as well."
He smiles slightly at her - "hai, that's why I'm here as well. I expect you must have shown great promise, to have been invited to the Topaz Championship!", he says, good-natured.
Kaito Haruki wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:16 am
"How have you been Iuchi-San, it has been a while." Haruki takes a moment to look around and see if there are other contestants in the room. "How many people outside of those from Hirosaka are competing?"
"Isawa-san", he then says, smiling at as he bows appropriately to him as well. "It has! It has been a while since our last letters as well*. I hope you have been well?"

He then looks around as well. "Well, I expect at least some more should be here.... This is usually a large event, ne?" - aa he says that, he seems to feel a bit... Weird. As if he didn't really expect to be here

*Prash will have written to most everyone he spent at least some time with in Hirosaka, although the player hasn't had the time to actually write them in pregame... So you can just assume stuff from the letters if you'd like

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:23 pm

"Indeed it has been a long time between letters, I was tasked with assisting an Emerald Magistrate with taking grain to Hirosaka during the fall. Sorry I didn't tell you about it in the last letter, the arrangement was rather last minute."

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:02 pm

"Oh, no worries, Isawa-san! We couldn't hope to keep each other informed of everything even if we wished to, ne?", He says, friendly. "But... Isawa-san is to become an Emerald Yoriki, then? This sounds like a momentous opportunity! Congratulations, Isawa-san!"

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:23 pm

"Not necessarily, it was just for the one season. I was to meet with a matchmaker in Otosan Uchi for the winter and it was convenient for him to have a free set of hands to keep it all safe. You can never be too cautious when you are travelling over such long distance with a caravan of food."

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:12 pm

"I see... Well, it still sounds like an interesting experience nonetheless", he says, smiling again. "And... Have the matchmakers reach fruitful conclusions yet?"

His usually easy expression seems a bit more tense when talking about that - it's clearly something he hasn't given much thought yet, and for some reason it makes him.... Maybe a bit uncomfortable.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:21 pm

"Indeed, it was a rather fortuitous and quick match, Doji-sensei really pulled through to help me out. We already have arrangements in place."

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:33 pm

"That sounds like a good riddance! So... Isawa-san is likely staying in Imperial lands longer after your gempukku, then?"

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:57 pm

"It all depends on the results here, can't have a Topaz Champion who stays in one place right? " He chortles a little, trying to make it seem less important to him than it actually is. "Either way however, she is marrying out of the imperial families and into the Phoenix. We were able to trade enough for that. "

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:12 pm

"Oh!", Prashant exclaims. "That sounds like quite a match! I suppose your performance at the Ruby Dojo did not go unnoticed", he says, smiling. "May our runs for the Topaz Championship be equally blessed by the Fortunes", he says then - maybe downplaying the importance of the competitiveness of the event a bit in favour of each giving it their best.

It wouldn't be the first time he did that, or course.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Return to “The House of the Laughing Carp”