[D1, EE, Open] Lotus Observations

Kaito Kai

Re: [D1, EE, Open] Lotus Observations

Post by Kaito Kai » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:28 pm

"I was told to be here. I presume to be here until I am not." Kai said rather simply, warming her hands on the tea cup before taking a gulp.

"Perhaps this time we will not be bedeviled by ghosts as we were one year past."
Phoenix Clan • Miko (Monk) • Fortunate • Pacifist • For Something Greater • A Bit Odd
Honor: What Is Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 2.6 | Topaz Points: 34
Gear: Priests Robes, Sandals, Fan, Divination Tools, Yumi

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:45 am

"There have been some things that have happened in the last year." Kanji started to make himself comfortable. "Besides sword training, I was told that if I passed the gempukku here, I would be promoted to Gokenin. Which is why I carry this book with me," he pointed to it, "I do not want to disappoint my lord, so I prepare myself as best I can.
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:29 am

"A great test of one's abilities, Kakita-san, to carry the key to one's future around with them. I wish you every success; a Gokenin is a very respectable position."
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro
Honor: Untrustworthy, Infamy: 1, Status: 2, Topaz Points: 254

Wearing: a lovely scarf, wakizashi, extravagant clothing This mask

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:43 am

"It is a very important duty, to maintain the lands and well being of the clan. Your preparation and devotion will undoubtedly see you succeed in that task," the Kuni says with a nod. "My position was already granted to me despite not having completed the Gempukku ceremony as of yet. I suspect because regardless of my status as a samurai, I could have interactions with spirits anyway. It's likely easier to justify giving responsibility to those that don't need weapons in the completion of their duties, like priests and diplomats."
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Honor: Expected ѻ Glory: 3.0 ѻ Status: 3.0 ѻ Topaz Points: 0
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:59 am

"The opportunities to prove one's abilities before gempukku are certainly more frequent, Kuni-san, I agree."
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro
Honor: Untrustworthy, Infamy: 1, Status: 2, Topaz Points: 254

Wearing: a lovely scarf, wakizashi, extravagant clothing This mask

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:06 am

Interested, he turned to Yotsuo, "What do you have to do with the spirits? You're not Shuguenja, are you? If i may ask, of course."

(Kenji, actually, never herad of Yotsuo's story during pt.1 :D)
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:23 am

"Wardens of the Kuni do have to deal with them from time to time in the course of our duties, but in my case in particular I have the ability to travel the different spirit realms as a spirit myself. A rare ability but one that has been made a part of my responsibilities and duties."
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Kaito Kai

Post by Kaito Kai » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:13 am

Kai kept to herself. It sounded like everyone was ascendance; perhaps modesty, or shame, held her tongue.

Or maybe because it was she had been staring at the remains of her tea.
Phoenix Clan • Miko (Monk) • Fortunate • Pacifist • For Something Greater • A Bit Odd
Honor: What Is Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 2.6 | Topaz Points: 34
Gear: Priests Robes, Sandals, Fan, Divination Tools, Yumi

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:42 pm

Kuni Yotsuo wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:23 am
"Wardens of the Kuni do have to deal with them from time to time in the course of our duties, but in my case in particular I have the ability to travel the different spirit realms as a spirit myself. A rare ability but one that has been made a part of my responsibilities and duties."
"This is very interesting Kuni-san, I am not very familiar with the spiritual matters of our world, but if you have taken such a noble position so quickly, your clan seems to have great confidence in your abilities"

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:57 am

"It is kind of you to say so, but it's also just as likely that they did so due to the rarity of the ability. They may not have anyone else that could do so among our clan. If there is someone else in the clan that can visit the other realms then I am not aware of them."

Return to “The House of the Red Lotus”