(Crane Clan Lands) - Night Before

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Re: (Crane Clan Lands) - Night Before

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:20 pm

"Too many people think the Yasuki need to lie in order to get people to act. Truth is much more powerful."
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:28 pm

"Cunning. Very much so." He narrowed his eyes. "Good thing to have the Yasuki as an ally, although it opens me windows that if you use your people smarts against me, I could use my book smarts against you!" He said with somewhat of a jest.
"Anyway, how so, like, 'it does not works anymore? '"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:11 pm

"I just. I can't do it. There's too much pain in the world, and lying only ever brings more of it." He looks down at his tea.
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:23 pm

"I don't have many reasons to lie. Not in the great scope of things, at least." He looks at Ginkarasu. "Lying does not bring pain for being a lie, though."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:53 am

"If I convince you of an untruth, part of your world is built with weak stone." He hopes the analogy is correct. "I weaken your foundation. Compassion and Honesty are both tenets that say I shouldn't, I would think."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:19 am

"There are situations and situations. Like, if someone accuses your family, you are expected to lie to protect its honor. That's why family members can't give testimony on a tribunal."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:25 am

"But Samurai are not to lie. Only share their truth. How can you not be expected to defend your family's honor?" He frowns. "That's why there are duels, isn't it?" He seems at a loss to what Aiichiro has said.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:53 am

"If your family is accused of something, would you preffer lying or falling into dishonor?" He replies. "Only in interrogations, only in interrogations. Not for things solves by duels."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:56 am

"If my family did the dishonorable deed, then they are dishonored, whether it is known or not, no?" He seems a bit confused about this line of conversation. "Me lying only adds to the dishonor."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:05 am

"Guess they are." He says. Time for he, who lied, to switch the subject. "Did you know there is a healthy village in the middle of the Shadowlands? It is named Shinsei's Last Hope."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:43 am

He looks to Aiichiro. "I'd heard vague rumors. Why do you bring it up? Thinking of a posting there?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:45 am

"Oh no. I was thinking on starting with weaponsmithing right now, and weaponsmithing in the future. But now that you suggested, it would be great."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:48 am

"Would likely be super important! And you'd need to know so much about the place. And I bet supplies are difficult to get there..." He slowly starts thinking.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:50 am

"I don't know too much about there. But it seems rather closed. Like that the officers there were born there and trained there. Never heard of anyone going to that place."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:17 am

"Maybe Hiruma Kagehiro-sensei will know." He muses about that a bit, then shrugs. Finally his food is delivered.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:59 am

"You are right." He nods. "Things there should be differently. The soldiers way more used to eachother. And the danger more present."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:40 am

A firm nod, as he looks over the food. "Yeah. Every inch of ground's likely known. Fought over for centuries."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:43 am

"Don't be silly. That's not Last Hope, that's the entire Wall." He says. "Quartermaster got to memorize everything."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:48 am

"Hey hey. Quartermaster does. Not every Hida on the Wall has to. But I bet Last Hope they do." He counters good naturedly.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:55 am

"Hida still have to memorize this week's route to the equipment rooms and the Shadowlands. But they should memorize more at Last Hope anyway."

Return to “Pregame, Part 2”