A Patrol At Sea (Near the Sea of Shadows)

Mai

Re: A Patrol At Sea (Near the Sea of Shadows)

Post by Mai » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:08 pm

Before turning back to the Crab, she thinks of something she needs to check with the ronin first. "Do you have jade?"

The Mai returned her attention Aiichiro. "Should be soon. Within the next hour." She wants to hear the ronin's response about jade before going to talk to the captain. The Crab, she feels no need to ask.
Mantis Clan Shugenja *Water * Thunder * Prodigy * Lucky

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Items: Scrolls, Jade

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:58 am

She gave a soft shrug. "He didn't say why, but he wouldn't let me on without it." Reaching around her neck, Mirai showed she had a finger of jade on a thread.

"Not a part of the payment he said, just something for the trip."
Ronin | Bushi | Duelist | Versatile | Odd
Carries: Daishi, Ashigaru Armor, Travelling Pack

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:26 am

"Alright. Let's get moving then. I can explain what jade is for on the way." He looks to both and starts walking to the port. "Guide us to the captain, Mai-san."
When they were already walking, he started. "Do you know what the Taint is?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:37 am

She nodded slightly. "I mean, everyone's heard of it before, but no more than that. The captain mentioned it was what the jade was for, but that I shouldn't worry about it."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:44 am

"It is not that general of an idea. Makes good for you to have that knowledge. But it is because the jade protects against Taint. I always have some with me."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Mai

Post by Mai » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:13 am

Mai led the way to the captain. He was an older man who looked a little like Mai. "Hey, uncle. This is Kaiu Aiichiro, mind if he comes?" The captain frowns at the name and just looks to the Crab.

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:36 am

He bows. Noticing his cold meeting, Aiichiro thought it was evaluation — he was a child, after all. So he could not refrain from adding more to the introduction. "I'm a student of the Kaiu Enginners, who made the Iron Turtles and many other great things. My sensei sent me to the coast to diversify my training."

Mai

Post by Mai » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:12 am

Mai's uncle nods and walks away. Mai turns to the Crab. "So, that is a yes You two ever been to sea before?"

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:16 am

The ronin shook her head softly. "First time."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:57 am

"Yes for a boat, but only in the river."

Mai

Post by Mai » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:18 am

"Well, let me show you around." She leads them both, giving a tour of the boat including discretely pointing out where to throw up if they get sea sick. "But before we head out, the Kuni on board will be giving basic lessons just in case we meet anything from the Sea of Shadows. Any questions?"

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:10 am

"I would know everything that I am supposed to know, everything the captain believes I should. To ask my own questions would be to show expectations. It is often better to listen first and ask later, if needed."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:53 am

Aiichiro makes a "no" with his head. As they get on board, before departing a gathering is made. A Kuni jumps over a box to make himself more visible amongst a small bunch towering Crab and a greater bunch of Mantis sailors already reunited around. Both those groups knew well when it was moment to listen even before any words spoken to call attention over.
"Attention." He says.

Return to “Pregame, Part 2”