(Crane Clan Lands) - Night Before

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Re: (Crane Clan Lands) - Night Before

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:34 am

Ginkarasu nods. "Hai. One reason I'm trying to salvage things for you. And yeah, we didn't get enough last winter to cover next year, from the way my parents are talking, but they heard a lot of the Dragon are in need. If we figure out a way to help them, you could probably turn that into favors to get resources more appropriate to the war effort, yeah?"
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:57 am

"They are far away and their bushi are not trained. If they have metal or jade, perhaps. Wood I doubt, it is a montainous area. Do you know what they can offer?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:28 am

A shake of his head. "I think I heard a bunch about Dragon gold, but no, not really. Guess I'm hoping Topaz Champion might know."
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:59 am

"We should meet with her then. But we are already outside the student template and on the other clan samurai one. It won't be as easy."
He puts his arms over the table.
"Still, I don't agree with the giftgiving for politics thing. Gifts are for friends."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:16 am

He nods a bunch. "Absolutely. But making friends is part of politics. I became friends with Kakita Kenji, I didn't intend to get his family to buy mochi. But later he was in a position where he saw he could help out his friend."

He leans forward and only says it in a whisper, "My parents say, the Crane are the best at this type of politics. Making friends and insuring their friends are happy, so when they're in need, they've lots of friends to come and help them."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:18 am

He takes a longer breath than normal. "It is also a sign of respect. How would I give so to one I don't respect?" He replies, unmaking the relaxed tone as he draws off Ginkarasu's proximity. Standing straight, his hand goes to the edge of the table — where he picks the open fan. With it open and held, he crosses his arms and finally leans backwards.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:48 am

A brief nod. "Okay. So, we see if there are people you can respect."

He smiles. "Honesty's a part of Bushido after all!"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:13 am

He nods. "If we are doing so, best to first see how we can get a meeting with Agasha-sama, and second buy our own carpentry tools."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:37 am

Ginkarasu nods. "Okay."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:47 am

He stretchs his arms. "Do you know they will put us to sleep together again?

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:52 am

A thought on that. "Don't know."

He looks around and satisfied that no one was listening, "I'm worried about what the Crane are going to do at this Championship. From what I've heard my sensei talking about, they need to show the Empire that they haven't lost a step. With Agasha-sama acting as the Emerald Champion and a new Champion of their clan, I bet they really want one of their own to win."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:56 am

"It will likely be a Kakita. I have been training my skills on the blade, but I hardly doubt that I will be near the podium. Maybe if they allow me at the Courtier debates I will have more luck. I'm not even dedicated bushi, who would say dedicated duelist."
He calls the owner of the place with his stare.
"I hope they separate rooms at least this time. You do snore."
The heimin comes, and Aiichiro asks for a green tea with lotus.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:03 pm

"Hey! I gotta let Emma-O I'm still breathing!" He leans back and finally drinks some of his own tea. "Besides, it's a defense mechanism. On the road, if I suddenly need to wake up, the silence is supposed to help my charge know they need to wake up too."

And then mumbles, "And also I was hit in the head a lot and I think broke my nose a few times."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:08 pm

"Don't worry too much about it. It was very tranquilizing to hear when I returned to the barracks that Zokujin night. And when we parted ways, I even missed it a tiny little. Like as if the night wasn't complete."
The heimin was very quick on bringing the new tea.
"It is soft anyway. Would never bother anyone if that's your worry."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:11 pm

He raises his tea cup. "It was so relaxing, sharing space with people who're going to change Rokugan. Well, other then the spirits, Zokujin, lightning bolts, thugs, and the Unicorn coming in at all hours. But I'm very thankful I got to make a friend."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:17 pm

The Unicorn... Was him talking... Could it be? No. Probably wasn't, it was just his viewpoint distorting things. He even uncrossed his arms by thinking that way. "A lot of people liked you. Otomo-domo even said you were a potential groom."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:28 pm

His eyebrows raise, "Yeah? You heard about that?" He looks down at his tea. "I had to tell her no. I'm real concerned that Emma-O's blessing could be dangerous for her family and that I shouldn't risk the Otomo bloodline in such a fashion."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:31 pm

"I didn't hear it, she told me it. Anyway, seems like you were her favored then. She also mentioning being able to choose her husband, and having a favourite."
He lowers his voice dramatically.
"Do you think she likes you?"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:35 pm

He pushes his cup a bit. "It's possible. we're good friends. She played me music."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:39 pm

"If you two are good friends, why did you say you got to make a friend instead of various friends?" He asks, still talking in murmurs. "Have you two been into a thing?"

Return to “Pregame, Part 2”