(Crane Clan Lands) - Night Before

Kaiu Aiichiro

(Crane Clan Lands) - Night Before

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:15 pm

It has been almost a month of walking, mostly done on the calm yet distantly noisy tea plantations of the Kaiu. He could use the housing his servants provided when he was back home, but not after he had gone up the river — where every tea house was a different zeni. He would reach Tsuma without the best economical disposition indeed — much to his dismay, the tea houses of the Scorpion and Crane had a higher base price although they were much more comfortable than the Lion's. At least his daimyo sent him with enough coins to cover sleeping by.
Arriving just now at the nearest town to Tsuma, the remaining of the travel would be completed tomorrow. It was a night for resting. Darkness already over his head, he decided to leave the kata practice for tomorrow morning before departing. It did not mean he could not do basic architecture diagrams whilst he took his tea, though. And his fried rice with chicken.
Aiichiro took the newest project, a basic authomatized gate he had to either remember or reinvent how the mechanisms worked. Without the time pressure from the dojo he had the last months those things where much more pleasurable to do, indeed. He even felt relaxed doing so.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Re: (Crane Clan Lands) - Night Before

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:56 pm

It'd been a much faster trip then last time. His family had worked out a regular shipment, and all Ginkarasu had to do was tag along. They didn't mind the extra guard, even from someone not yet passed his gempukku. And he could use the experience too! Traveling up the River of Gold and then heading overland towards Otosan Uchi, before breaking off and heading to Tsuma alongside some messengers that were heading towards the Topaz Championship for work was relatively easy.

The inn he found looked merry enough. When he entered he called out to the proprietor, "Hello! I would like a room, a meal, and some tea please! My coin is good, my feet are weary, and your place is fine!"
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:04 pm

The voice behind the shoji was not one to be confounded. A faint smile grew on his lips, which he tried to hide with the tea cup. Ginkarasu also arrived almost on the deadline. Not our fault the lands are so distant, is it?
Now he couldn't focus back on what he was doing. Not for long, at least. Of course he would want to talk with the Crab after so long! He could spare one hour from his maybe training.
So he decided to finish the part of the equation he was doing first before putting the coal and paper aside, accidentally dropping some droplets of tea over the whitespace of his work much to his frowning.
He took a mental note on how hearing the voice made his thoughts stop their track and his heart wince.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:27 pm

Ginkarasu happily accepted the offer to sit at a table, while a room was assembled for him elsewhere. It was off to the side, because no one wanted a samurai's kid to get hurt. Such things caused blood feuds!

Tea was brought and Ginkarasu waited for it to steep, looking around the inn in order to appreciate the craftsmanship on display. Crane lands huh? Here he was, a Yasuki, in Crane lands.
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:43 pm

Maybe the Yasuki wasn't going inside. He finished the output to his problem and guarded the scrolls before getting up with the pot of food on his hand. He wanted to take the tea, which probably would be more polite, but he was hungry. Too much walking and straining.
With a hand gesture for the servants not to take the tea, Aiichirō walked towards the entrance of the tea house.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:03 pm

He tapped his fingers on the table, remembering a song from months before.

They stopped for a few moments as Ginkarasu felt something, and then continued again. He fought back a smile.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:50 pm

Preparing himself to maintain his on, he took a longer breath than usual and crossed to the entrance.
Aiichirō put the bowl of food in the corner of the weapongathering table, giving some company to his knife and war fan there. He bowed shallowly.
"I didn't expect you here, Ginkarasu-san."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:35 pm

Ginkarasu stands and bows. "Would you like to join me? I guess the Heavens have decided we meet again!"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:53 pm

"I already have a table, if you would like to come over. Otherwise I can just bring my tea at yours."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:23 am

"Oh! Good idea! Let me tell them I'm moving!" He stands up quickly to do just that, returning after to carefully bring his tea to wherever Aiichiro leads.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:17 am

He takes the time Ginkarasu was with his back turned to break his On ever so slightly. His face still wasn't strong, and the presence of the Yasuki was a pleasant surprise. Recovering his face back before he returned, Aiichiro puts the bowl back on the surface.
"I'm sorry for how dry the letters sounded. I have been busy." He looks to the folded paper at the corner of the table.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:20 am

Ginkarasu waved it off. "But you sent them! That still means everything!"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:32 am

"Is a rough-and-ready gift a proper one?" He asked in reply, looking low.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:44 am

"Isn't the meaning and purpose of a gift what matters?" He grins a bit. "Besides, we're going to Tsuma! I bet we're not told to stay within the dojo walls this time!"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:49 am

"Hm, that would be bad. It means that we are not expected to use the dojo's forge. And I doubt that the Kakita will allow me to work there if I simply ask to do so." He sips the tea without paying attention to it. "Need a backup plan."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:57 am

A brief nod. "So we find someone else in town with a forge?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:00 am

"I was thinking on going to the market and throwing a zeni at a blacksmith, yes. Not throwing a zeni if they have enough to sell. Throwing more if they needed it for their lord's demand."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:14 am

A firm nod. "Let me know if I can help! I've got my stipend, but I was told not to try selling anything at Topaz, as it's all Crane lands and they could use it to attack the Crab cause they don't like us Yasuki."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:06 am

"Mines is enough to sustain me by. Not enough to get mochi, though, but I can give enough to shrines and to rent a smith." He struggles with his On, ambiguously to which emotion. "So you are not selling mochi now?"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:34 am

Ginkarasu wears his On with more animation then many, but such is the way of the Yasuki. Utter stoicism would be conveying concern and danger, and this is his friend.

"Hai. My family secured the contract with the Emperor's Palace. And I did manage to secure one of the first contracts with the Crane, thanks to Kakita Kenji-sama." He grins at that. "I mean, my parents did all the negotiation, but it was our friendship that had him asking and I sent the request on. So his family and mine have a direct deal. It's a real chance for some healing between our clans."

Return to “Pregame, Part 2”