Yer Welcome! (Mantis Clan Island Paradise Trip)

Togashi Dao

Re: Yer Welcome! (Mantis Clan Island Paradise Trip)

Post by Togashi Dao » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:31 pm

Kakita Kenji wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:49 pm
Then Kenji saw Dao, to his astonishment the little dragon had lost quite a bit of weight, he was a bit chubby then. "Togashi-san, pleased to see you! Have you honed your dueling technique?" Kenji hadn't forgotten that the dragon had beaten him once.
"Ohayo Kakita-san." Dao replied happily. "I have been practicing a little, Utaku Oichi-sensei showed me a trick or two before I left that I've been working on. The monks wanted me to focus more on my intellectual studies though, so that's taken up the bulk of my time. Reading and meditating, reading and meditating."

He grins at some personal joke. "The mountains are a lot less interesting than Hirosaka was."
Dragon Clan • Monk • Battlemaster •
Honor: Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 1.7 • Infamy: 1,0
Gear: Student Clothing, Go set.

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:13 pm

Otomo Nobuko wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:39 am
Nobuko's booty was very impressive indeed and finely packaged, too.

She did, in fact, lean on Kokyou's offered arm to board, then made her way over to the others gathered to make small talk and catch up. Both Kenji and Kozuko she had seen more recently than any other, but it had still been a few weeks since she had left the Academy to spend time at the Imperial Court.

Polite greetings were given but cut short by her attention being drawn to Kokyou's loud call to those who arrived just after her. At the sight of Ichiro she pulled her fan out and brought it up to wave lazily, an excuse to hide her face and the blush his voice speaking her name so softly brought to her cheeks.

Turning once more to the Kakitas, she commented, "Not even set sail yet and it's already quite hot. Perhaps I should not have stowed my umbrella for later."
"Oh my, you're really being affected by the heat Nobuko-sama! If you wish, you may borrow my umbrella. The heat does not bother me as much."

Kazuko is quick to take the opportunity to get to know Nobuko better - and perhaps befriend her before a certain demon child can. Ugh. Already thinking about Kotomi again. What a waste of her time. Attemping to banish Kotomi from her thoughts, she inspects the high quality fabric and designs of Nobuko's kimono. The umbrella is, of course, of high quality too and bears the Crane mon on it, although it may not be as fancy as Nobuko is accustomed to.
Crane Clan | Bushi | Profile | Way Better than Kotomi
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.4 | TP: 252 (ty oleanderpoison!)
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:58 pm

Kakita Kazuko wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:13 pm
"Oh my, you're really being affected by the heat Nobuko-sama! If you wish, you may borrow my umbrella. The heat does not bother me as much."

Kazuko is quick to take the opportunity to get to know Nobuko better - and perhaps befriend her before a certain demon child can. Ugh. Already thinking about Kotomi again. What a waste of her time. Attemping to banish Kotomi from her thoughts, she inspects the high quality fabric and designs of Nobuko's kimono. The umbrella is, of course, of high quality too and bears the Crane mon on it, although it may not be as fancy as Nobuko is accustomed to.
While it had been a ploy to cover her blush, she wasn't going to reject such a kind offer. Pressing her lips together to contain her smile, she kept her fan up to hide the expression as she accepted the umbrella.

"Ah Kazuko-chan," she said, implying a closeness they did not yet have but she was open to, and slid the umbrella comfortably against her shoulder. "This is such fine craftsmanship. It should be shared. Stand under it with me, if you would? Our skin should not suffer to be burned so. And perhaps we should find a place to sit until departure, yes?"
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:09 pm

Kakita Kenji wrote:...
He waved politely at Kenji. That guy... He sighed. He still wonders what he is doing here.
Chosen Name: Bayushi Gakihiro
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1
Only wears the Scorpion Mon
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1 Glory: 1
Cat:Ninya
"I wear many mask, none is me"

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:39 pm

Togashi Dao wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:31 pm
Kakita Kenji wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:49 pm
Then Kenji saw Dao, to his astonishment the little dragon had lost quite a bit of weight, he was a bit chubby then. "Togashi-san, pleased to see you! Have you honed your dueling technique?" Kenji hadn't forgotten that the dragon had beaten him once.
"Ohayo Kakita-san." Dao replied happily. "I have been practicing a little, Utaku Oichi-sensei showed me a trick or two before I left that I've been working on. The monks wanted me to focus more on my intellectual studies though, so that's taken up the bulk of my time. Reading and meditating, reading and meditating."

He grins at some personal joke. "The mountains are a lot less interesting than Hirosaka was."
"Then I'm glad that you found the way here from the mountains! I have studied the sword almost daily since Hirosaka, even though I have to admit that I haven't read enough books lately." he admitted.
Bayushi Kaidan wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:09 pm
Kakita Kenji wrote:...
He waved politely at Kenji. That guy... He sighed. He still wonders what he is doing here.
"Don't just stand there Kaidan-san! come over and have a chat!"
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:58 pm

He walked in and bowed to the people aboard and just moved to the side not being a bother to anyone. "Hai... Kakita san..." Chat? I should get acquainted with people.... right. He just waited to be addressed.
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:12 pm

With the help of his classmates and other servants, the crew packs everything tight inside the kobune. Some additional sailors board up to help –– and check –– how Kokyou would handle the trip ahead.

Taking the quarter deck, the young man issues his commands, "Ahoy! 'tis yer cap'n speakin'."

He smirks, pointing his hand up to the skies, "Today we set sail t' a secret location th' Mantis 'ave prepared fer our honorable guests. This will loot around three t' four days o' travel as we sail smoothly along th' shores o' th' magnificent Gotei island southbound. Thar will stops each day, so ye'll be able t' visit interestin' 'n exotic scenarios fer ye t' delight upon th' marvels th' Fortunes 'ave blessed us, 'n our beloved Emperor wit'."

He nods, reassuring the passengers and crew, "We be in shipshape 'n ready t' deport from th' docks. Mai-chan will provide a report fer th' weather today 'n in th' upcomin' mornin's, so ye may prepare yourselves in time."

With a final bow, the then turns to the Mantis crew, ordering, "Avast, ye salty sea dogs! Detach ropes, lift anchor 'n hoist th' main sail. Skipper, man th' tiller 'n point us out o' th' harbor as round n' smooth as Otomo-sama's fair cheeks."

He then looks to the Otomo and bows again, explaining, "Pardon my roughness in language. But it is important to incentivize our men to greatness."

--
(After 4 hours from this post a new location will appear up with a time skip. Wrap around chats if needed. Additional players are free to join up as this kobune may find other ships sailing along. They are being closely watched no everything goes well. At least is what they have planned for.)
Last edited by Kokyou on Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:15 pm

Otomo Nobuko wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:58 pm
While it had been a ploy to cover her blush, she wasn't going to reject such a kind offer. Pressing her lips together to contain her smile, she kept her fan up to hide the expression as she accepted the umbrella.

"Ah Kazuko-chan," she said, implying a closeness they did not yet have but she was open to, and slid the umbrella comfortably against her shoulder. "This is such fine craftsmanship. It should be shared. Stand under it with me, if you would? Our skin should not suffer to be burned so. And perhaps we should find a place to sit until departure, yes?"
She's quick to take the hint but her gaze still flashes to Kenji before going back to Nobuko, not wanting to leave him awkwardly alone. Seeing that he's currently occupied by a couple of boys, she eagerly takes the opportunity to get to know Nobuko better.

"I would find that lovely, Nobuko-chan. The sails are providing plenty of shade near the stern. Shall we head astern?"
Crane Clan | Bushi | Profile | Way Better than Kotomi
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.4 | TP: 252 (ty oleanderpoison!)
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:47 pm

Bayushi Kaidan wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:58 pm
He walked in and bowed to the people aboard and just moved to the side not being a bother to anyone. "Hai... Kakita san..." Chat? I should get acquainted with people.... right. He just waited to be addressed.
"Have you improved your acting? I'm sure you can make a fool of me now," Kenji said friendly, unsuspecting what Kaidan would use this ability for one day.
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:58 pm

"Yes... I have being studying many art forms in the Crane lands." He nodded. "I also taking iaido clases so don't be surprised if my style is very similar to the one strike style."

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:02 pm

Kokyou wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:12 pm
He then looks to the Otomo and bows again, explaining, "Pardon my roughness in language. But it is important to incentivize our men to greatness."
Nobuko inclines her head towards their host, "Of course, Kokyou-san. As the leader, you know best how to ensure their understanding and to motivate them. Though I think I would still prefer to spend my time in a slightly quieter spot on the ship. One that is out of the way so that I do not impede the men in the performance of their duties. I know that can be a problem for those who do not understand that while the men will bow to the celestial order, the ships and the sea tend to be more fickle."

She'd been on enough ships traveling the coast of the Crane Lands to know it was better to keep out of the way of sailors.
Kakita Kazuko wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:15 pm
"I would find that lovely, Nobuko-chan. The sails are providing plenty of shade near the stern. Shall we head astern?"
She smiles and nods, "That's a perfect spot!"

Nobuko turned from the rest of the crowd and started leading Kozuko away, chatting with her in an idle manner about the Academy. She was from the Artisan side of things so she really didn't know how the Duelist side handled training. But they could still do a little bonding over what shared experiences living and learning within the same complex meant they had.
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:12 am

As they sail, the morning turns into noon, then evening and night. Kokyou finds a gulf to protect the boat from the bigger waves on the open sea and they anchor Kyouka, the kobune, in a safe natural harbor to spend the night rolling calmly with the waves. The full moon reflects the sea like a mirror, and the cold breeze makes cozier to sit together.

--

As the night rides in, the young Mantis encourages their crew... and guests... to sing a shantie while they share fresh fish in specially prepared bentos for each one.

"Look ahead, look-astern
Look th' weather in th' lee!"

"Blow high! Blow low! 'n so sailed we."

"I see a wreck t' inward,
'n a lofty ship t' lee!"

"A-sailin' down along. Th' coast o' High Ivory"

"'O, are ye a pirate
Or a man o' war?' cried we."

"'O no! I be nah a pirate,
but a man-o-war,' cried he."

"We'll back up our topsails
'n heave vessel t'."

"Fer we 'ave got some letters
T' be carried ship by ye."

"Fer broadside, fer broadside
They fought all on th' main;"

"'til at las th' kobune
Shot th' pirate's mast away."

"Wit' knife, blade 'n bow
O we fought fer hours three;"

"Th' ship 'twas thar dead man's chest
'n thar grave 'twas th' sea."

Once he finishes, the young man asks a guest, "Wha' about yer owns shanties? Teach us more o' yourself, yer family 'n yer land."
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:19 am

Kakita Kenji wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:39 pm
"Then I'm glad that you found the way here from the mountains! I have studied the sword almost daily since Hirosaka, even though I have to admit that I haven't read enough books lately." he admitted.
"Those who can, do. Those who can't, read about those who can." Dao offered in explanation. "Speaking of which...." The Dragon boy, once the ship cast off, dashed out to be an unintended nuisance to the sailors as he climbed the rigging and took a high perch to look out for sights on the horizon.
Dragon Clan • Monk • Battlemaster •
Honor: Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 1.7 • Infamy: 1,0
Gear: Student Clothing, Go set.

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:33 am

Watching Nobuko retreat with the Kakita girl Ichjiro found some boxes to lean on as he shed his Hide cloak baring muscular arms as he looked out over the water
Unicorn Clan • Moto • Large • Confident * bushi
Honor: As Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 3.2
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Animal hide cloak

Zurui lizard pet TP: 254
speaking: Ujik, Mekhem, Senpet

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:45 pm

Kaidan blinked a few times at the departing Dragon that he has never met. He had seen him at Hirosaka but really never interacted with him. Dragon's... who knows

He looked at Kokyou singing and shook his head.

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:52 am

As Kokyou sees his guests are rendered speechless from his inspiring shanties, he goes on singing all night long as tear drops in the crew's eyes. They all sleep comfortably under the light of Lord Moon and the stars (while the ladies get inside the Captain's cabin –– worry not, Kokyou stays outside. the Heavens enforce PG restriction on actions he would have taken otherwise).

--

Time passes... Lady Sun brightness greets them a good morning, and the first thing they see nearby is that the rock they had anchored nearby, in fact, has a passage underneath it.

From the top of the main mast, a semi-naked, fundoshi wearing Kokyou stands up, his shadow being cast ahead as Ammaterasu-kami caresses his wide back. He says out loud out, challenging guests, "'tis called Benten-no-kami's torii. Those that dare nah cross it given th' chance t' do so might find themselves detached from her favors. I challenge ye t' get thar afore I do."

With a bow, he shouts, "Yaaarr! Tenno-heika! Banzai!"

And dives into the sea.

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:41 am

It was a long trip hearing the Mantis sing. He didn't miss this. Yet the summer heat was getting up and Kokyou seen jumping out and into the water. He goes to the veranda and looks at Kokyou. "I am not swimming after you."

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:47 am

Already in the water, Kokyou looks up to the boat. "Swim aft me. Why would ye? I challenged all o' ye t' swim ahead, if ye can."

Cackling in a laugh, Kokyou swims toward the natural torii on backstrokes.

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:57 am

A challenge issued and a chance to enjoy some water on this rather warm trip. The large Moto sheds his hide clothing and furs and his large feet pound the deck as he runs toward the ocean. His body is fit and muscular from hours of training. He coils like a spring and then explodes leaping over the side of the ship and diving into the water reemerging seconds later swimming hard and fast toward the goal set by the Mantis boy. Wordlessly he cuts through the water towards their destination.
Unicorn Clan • Moto • Large • Confident * bushi
Honor: As Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 3.2
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Animal hide cloak

Zurui lizard pet TP: 254
speaking: Ujik, Mekhem, Senpet

Mai

Post by Mai » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:49 am

Mai is lazily fishing on the shore.

((Please PM if you approach. I have a hard time keeping up with Threads with a lot of people.))
Mantis Clan Shugenja *Water * Thunder * Prodigy * Lucky

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Items: Scrolls, Jade

Return to “Pregame, Part 2”