Talking to some sensei

Iuchi Prashant

Talking to some sensei

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:49 am

Prash stops by at the yard he so often sat down in to meditate and looks for a round stone, finding a pretty good one without much difficulty. He smiles, tucks it into his sleeve, then keeps walking.

He had some last things to talk about with three of the sensei, so he starts looking for the Hida, Ikoma and Kitsuki.

OOC

Day 10 Monkey - Investigation/ Perception looking for a good stone for Dao's go set - 3 Raises for quality - TN 12: 5d10o10k3 17 - EDIT, the stone will likely be a replacement for 'his' go set, but we'll see :D
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Vutall

Re: Talking to some sensei

Post by Vutall » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:25 am

Prashant finds a suitable stone well enough, and as he examines it someone calls out.

"What did you find, Iuchi-san?"

A group of sensei stood together discussing something between themselves when the Kitsuki caught Prashant out of the corner of her eyes.
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:53 am

He looks towards her with a calm, content smile on his lips.

"Ah, Kitsuki-sensei! I was thinking of looking for you" he says, bowing low, then extending the round stone to her. "I was looking for a stone proper for a Go set! I would like to make a gift of one stone in the Go set I received, and I'd then need a proper replacement", he says, looking quite happy at the stone he found.

"But... I'm sorry - do I bother? I was hoping to have some quick words with you again before our time here is over", he says, looking at her with resolute, but warm eyes. "But I can wait!", he says gently, looking at the other sensei then back at her.
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:59 am

"No, we are fine, just having a conversation about some things, but it can wait. What can we do for you?"

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:15 am

"Thank you, Kitsuki-sensei", he says bowing again.

"I... in fact, that's what the first thing I wanted to say. Thank you. With your lessons, I have found myself... Much more fulfiled. Content. And yet more empty - but not a bad kind of empty. At any rate, your lessons have made a great difference for me. I feel more certain now that I can search for and follow my path without wavering... and I would like to thank you for that. I will remember your lessons always" He bows again.

"That said... I was wondering. I am not sure yet how, but I feel walking the eightfold path of Shinsei - and understanding how it interweaves with the paths of life - will always be part of my life. I was wondering if I could keep some correspondence with you about some matters after my stay in the Ruby Dojo is over... If that would not impose too much on your own path and duties, of course." He is still bowing as he asks that.

OOC
Asking to take her as an ally with Dojo Points in fact :)

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:28 am

"We are glad to hear that, Iuchi-san. Any lesson that stays with you means we live on long after our time on this incarnation of the Wheel has passed."

She tilts her head sideways a little.

"I would not be opposed in keeping correspondence. The Dragon and Unicorn have much to learn from each other."

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:00 am

Vutall wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:28 am
"We are glad to hear that, Iuchi-san. Any lesson that stays with you means we live on long after our time on this incarnation of the Wheel has passed."

She tilts her head sideways a little.

"I would not be opposed in keeping correspondence. The Dragon and Unicorn have much to learn from each other."
He nods again, still bowing. "Hai Kitsuki-sensei... Your lessons will stay with this student, and perhaps I will one day pass them on to others still. And indeed, I hope to be one of those helping nurture our clans' blossoming relationship. Thank you once again"

He waits to see if she has something to add before bowing respectfully again. When she is done, he looks for the attention of either Ikehata or Goroharu, feeling around in his Obi for some things he brought with him.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:35 am

She bows and looks to the two men with her, still engaged in quiet conversation. The Ikoma looks up and beams.

"Ah, Iuchi-san, is there more?"

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:05 am

He bows low to the Ikoma, smiling brightly. "Hai Ikoma-sensei, there was something I'd like to talk to you about". He then gets some things from a slightly bulky package in his Obi. "As I mentioned to you after the Games training, your lesson on Kemari has made me find an understanding of the relevance of games, and a newfound enjoyment of them - so much that I decided to take part in the student-organised Go tournament, and after quite delightful matches even managed to win it!". He pauses for a moment while he finishes producing the Go set he received as one of the prizes from the package, a smile on his face showing enjoyment rather than any pride.

"This has been one of the tournament prizes... And especially since I now also have the lovely set you gifted me after today's lesson, I'd like to make you an offer, and... Ask the dojo for something, if you will allow it"

He bows low.

"I would first like to offer you this Go set as a token of my gratitude for your lessons, Ikoma-sensei. And... I would ask you whether you as the games sensei of the Ruby Dojo would consider making a Go tournament a regular part of the Doji's training... perhaps even using this or another symbol of the first tournament as a memory of how much one can learn from games and from your teachings, sensei"

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:11 pm

"This is quite the surprise! I am glad my lesson inspired you to study up! But you earned that set, Iuchi-san. I cannot take it."

(Refusal 1)

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:39 pm

"Sensei, I would not have earned it or even entered the championship if not for your influence. I insist that you accept this as a token of my gratitude", he says, smiling as he offers the set again.

(Offer 2)

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:36 pm

"But Iuchi-san, we do not even know if this dojo will continue to be used. This was an experiment, after all. I would hate for such a nice set to not fullfil your wishes."

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:37 pm

"Even if the Fortunes decide it will not, this one is certain that with Ikoma-sensei's wisdom you will find a way to use this set to share your teachings with others and inspire them with your lessons. This student will be most honoured if you will accept this humble gift, sensei"

(third offer)

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:36 pm

"Thank you very much, Iuchi-san. I will think of you every time I play now."

He bows and accepts.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:59 am

"It is I who thank you again, Ikoma-sensei", he says, smiling and bowing again.

When they are done, he gets one last thing from his amulet satchel and waits for Goroharu to have a moment.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:44 am

"Yes, Iuchi-san?"

The Hida was standing next to the Ikoma, so he notices right away

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:31 am

"Good afternoon, Hida-sensei!", He says bowing low as he produced a circular pendant from his amulet satchel. "I had asked Hida-sensei for some powdered Hematite a few days ago, and you had asked me to show you the end result", he says, smiling. "I believe it may be... Odd to your tastes, maybe? But here it is. It is an earth-themed Unicorn magic charm, with a poem in its centre".

He shows him the clay pendant with a reddish, metal-like sheen on the circle and on some gaijin letters in the center, written in a relatively artful manner. "I wanted to show you the result before the end of my stay here", he says, smiling.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:22 am

He examines the amulet curiously.

"It is quite different than I am used to, but I can see much care and skill was taken to make it. Good work, Iuchi-san. It is a fine piece of work!"

His voice raises in excitement as he speaks, the inflections getting more and more jovial.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:51 am

The Unicorn nods, clearly happy at the sensei's words. "Thank you for your words, sensei! I have tried to do my best to do the Earth kami justice. I will strive to improve further - both in crafting and jujutsu!" He bows at the large man "Doumo arigatou for your lessons and support, Hida-sensei"

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:17 pm

"I am sure I speak for all of the sensei here when I say I look forward to when we meet again, Iuchi-san"

Return to “Monkey”