The Big Meal At The End of the Road

Togashi Dao

Re: The Big Meal At The End of the Road

Post by Togashi Dao » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:05 pm

Dao cocks his head to one side as he appraises the dishes, before acceding to Prashant's judgment and reaching for a few pieces of the Mukozuke and a bowl of the Su-zakana.

"Ummm, yeah actually. One of the black clad peasants who attacked us was kind enough to donate this piece of rounded flint, and Ikoma-sensei donated a stone when I showed him my collection." He pops one of the eel sashimi in his mouth and started to chew.

"I've never seen someone's face turn that white before as when he saw my collection. I think he was really impressed."
Dragon Clan • Monk • Battlemaster •
Honor: Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 1.7 • Infamy: 1,0
Gear: Student Clothing, Go set.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:15 pm

The Iuchi grins "I can only imagine! But... well, your Go set is one of a kind indeed. The most meaningful one I've ever heard about, too", he completes with a gentle, warm smile.

"Well... I hope it isn't too late to offer you another stone for your set, then, Togashi-san?", he asks smiling as he extends his hand, showing a beautiful, finely crafted Stone - Dao might remember having seen stones like those in the Go sets Ikoma-sensei had brought as special prizes in the Games training. "I would be happy if you would accept this one - both as thank you for your help earlier, and as a memento of our time here at the Dojo"
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:31 pm

Dao laughs out loud. "Ahahaha! Iuchi-sama, we are birds of a feather." He replies with a smile.

"If I had proven worthy, I was going to offer a stone to each member of the class as a memento. I knew you were a fine samurai when we first met. I can't let you break up a perfect set though."

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:47 pm

The Iuchi's smile widens a bit at the monk's reaction

"Oh, Togashi-san, you shouldn't worry about that. I have found a good stone to keep the others in the set company - and its particularity will also serve me as a memory of our time here. So I insist, please accept this stone as my humble gift", he offers again, his eyes beaming.
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:13 pm

Kakita Kenji wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:20 am
Seeing Kazuko nudging to him, he was just about to get up and go through the three rituals when Kokyou pressed the katana stone into his hand. Even more confused than already he sat down again. He had to shake his head a little when Kokyou proclaimed his announcement.
Kokyou unwillingly patronizes Kenji with a nod after releasing the trophy.
Iuchi Prashant wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:34 am
"Thank you very much, Kokyou-san, and thanks to you too for organising this, Miya-san. I... Am honoured", he says, his gentle smile showing a bit of a grin. "Also slightly surprised, I guess.. but honoured!", he says with a side look to the Mantis.
The Mantis smirks and nods a couple of times, saying, "the honor is all mine," with his steady and smoldering nonchalant gaze.
Otomo Nobuko wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:52 pm
Nobuko rose when her name was called, bowing to the room at large before walking sedately to the place where the trophies were set up. Once there, she bowed again to Kokyou and then to Miya Wyn.

"Thank you both for putting together this surprise. I am happy to have been found virtuous," she smiled, voice soft, but wry as she found the whole thing very amusing...
Time stops as Kokyou watches Nobuko rising up and then bowing to the room –– which had him standing up as speaker, nonetheless. A pleasant feeling fills his ego so much that only the amount of food laid out for this banquet would compare in size, taste and delight. He makes sure that he delivers the trophy in hands with a smirking nod.
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:40 am

Iuchi Prashant wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:47 pm

"Oh, Togashi-san, you shouldn't worry about that. I have found a good stone to keep the others in the set company - and its particularity will also serve me as a memory of our time here. So I insist, please accept this stone as my humble gift", he offers again, his eyes beaming.
"But what of the stone?" Dao asks genuinely, as he puts down his plate of food for a moment. "Will his spirit not cry out for his kin if they are separated? After our conversation in the training grounds, my conscience cannot permi it." He shakes his head gently, but there is still a mirth and humour behind his eyes.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:43 am

Togashi Dao wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:40 am
Iuchi Prashant wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:47 pm

"But what of the stone?" Dao asks genuinely, as he puts down his plate of food for a moment. "Will his spirit not cry out for his kin if they are separated? After our conversation in the training grounds, my conscience cannot permi it." He shakes his head gently, but there is still a mirth and humour behind his eyes.
"Oh, I'm sure its spirit will not be troubled, and in fact it should cherish the chance to keep company to you and your fine set.", he says, smiling again. "And if we have the chance to play a game when we meet again, it will be happy to share stories with its former comrades!"

He bows a bit again, offering the monk the stone a third time.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:17 am

"Then I would be honored to accept such a thoughtful gift from a friend." Dao replies as he tucks the offered stone in a pocket. "And I look forward to catching up with you for a game or two the next time our paths cross."

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:36 am

The Iuchi nods happily "I'm looking forward to that too! And... With our clans' drawing closer, who knows it might be even sooner than otherwise."

He then looks at the dishes again. "So, how's the Su-zakana? I'm thinking I might go for another round since there's so much to try!"

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:40 am

"Is yummy." Dao confirms with a slurp of noodle. "A little fancy for my simple tastes, but very very good."

"I think if there's time before the Championship, I'll try to get over to Unicorn lands. I think I spotted Kitsuki-sensei and Utaku-sensei glancing at me conspiratorially on my way to the feast. I suspect I might have need to get familiar with your homeland."

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:52 am

"I'll get some then!", he says, fetching his bowl.

"And... That's right, I thought I saw Utaku-sensei showing interest in your training! I'll be happy to meet you back home in Unicorn lands if you do visit", he says, smiling, then looking at him again. "Oh... have you been.... Considering a ... more long-term relationship with the Unicorn? From what I've recently heard, it seems our clans are encouraging such things"

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:12 am

Dao nodded in between mouthfuls of food. "I saw the closeness between all your clan people here. I think I'd like that, I never really had much of a family growing up and it seems like you all are one big family."

He flashes a cheeky grin for a split second. "Besides, your girls are just the cutest."

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:28 pm

Togashi Dao wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:12 am
Dao nodded in between mouthfuls of food. "I saw the closeness between all your clan people here. I think I'd like that, I never really had much of a family growing up and it seems like you all are one big family."

He flashes a cheeky grin for a split second. "Besides, your girls are just the cutest."
The Iuchi seems actually quite happy with the first part of what Dao said, nodding as he says it.

Then, as the monk ends his last comment... his cheeks suddenly take on a reddish tint and his eyes wander to his side for a moment. "Ah... hai! I mean, I... I guess some of them!". He tries to recompose himself and speaks again, a bit less shakily. "I mean, Unicorn women are skilled and strong, that's for sure!", he says, his face a little less blushed, although his eyes seem dreamy for a moment, as if thinking of something - or someone.

"But... ", he starts again, recollecting his thoughts "I... guess we are rather closely knit! I suppose sharing yurts and travelling together so often builds a strong sense of community. At any rate, it will be an honour to meet you in our lands, Togashi-san", he says in a warm tone, nodding again.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:42 pm

Concern crossed Dao's face as Prashant reddened and his eyes watered.

"Ooooh, I might have to avoid that dish, it looks a little spicy, are you ok Iuchi-sama?"
Iuchi Prashant wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:28 pm
"But... ", he starts again, recollecting his thoughts "I... guess we are rather closely knit! I suppose sharing yurts and travelling together so often builds a strong sense of community. At any rate, it will be an honour to meet you in our lands, Togashi-san", he says in a warm tone, nodding again.
"I don't think I'll have time in the next few months to visit unfortunately, but Utaku-sensei offered to talk to some nakodo for me. I hope to be able to visit and speak with them myself after next year's tournament."

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:36 pm

Togashi Dao wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:42 pm
Concern crossed Dao's face as Prashant reddened and his eyes watered.

"Ooooh, I might have to avoid that dish, it looks a little spicy, are you ok Iuchi-sama?"
"Oh!", He exclaims, still blushing a bit. "I'm fine, Togashi-san, don't worry!", he then says with a silent laugh. "I just... Didn't expect it is all"
Togashi Dao wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:42 pm

"I don't think I'll have time in the next few months to visit unfortunately, but Utaku-sensei offered to talk to some nakodo for me. I hope to be able to visit and speak with them myself after next year's tournament."
"I see! So you will likely be waiting for their busin... Er, I mean counselling then, ne? Well, whenever you find a chance to visit our lands, please feel welcome to write! I'll be happy to meet you there if I can. I hope I can get to know the Dragon mountains at some point too, although I don't know when that could happen."

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:58 pm

"Maybe we'll have to find you a Dragon wife then? A nice Taoist Swordswoman perhaps?"

Dao takes a sip of drink to cleanse his palate before casting his eyes back over the banquet table. "Utaku-sensei said she'd like to see the mountains too. She said I have to make sure she's not cold up there on the snowy peaks thpugh. Do you have any furs you don't need?"

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:07 pm

Togashi Dao wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:58 pm
"Maybe we'll have to find you a Dragon wife then? A nice Taoist Swordswoman perhaps?"

Dao takes a sip of drink to cleanse his palate before casting his eyes back over the banquet table. "Utaku-sensei said she'd like to see the mountains too. She said I have to make sure she's not cold up there on the snowy peaks thpugh. Do you have any furs you don't need?"
The Iuchi seems slightly embarrassed for a moment, but soon recovers a serene smile.

"Oh... I haven't given much thought to engagement prospects yet, Togashi-san. I... Think I assume I'll end up marrying in clan? But... I'd be very interested in visiting your lands to learn your views on the Tao, that much's for sure" - he seems genuinely interested and happy, despite quite obviously changing the topic a bit.

He then thinks about his other question. "I... Might have, I guess? I might have something I may not need back home, but I usually don't keep many belongings, as they may keep our attention from more important things... I think you should understand that, ne?", he says friendly.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Return to “Dog”