Stealthy Shopping Soirée

Utaku Nesrin

Stealthy Shopping Soirée

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:25 pm

It was the last day they'd have in town, and the last chance to see the market and town. So this time, in daylight Nesrin joins her fellow Unicorn in another charge over the walls. There was a spot behind the stables that wasn't terribly visible from where the guards were stationed, and few of the students were likely to hang out there instead of getting breakfast.

As she hurried down the street and around a corner, her stomach growled a reminder that one hastily slurped cup of miso soup wasn't going to cut it. She promised it something from the market as she peered around the corner to watch for anyone that might spot them before everyone was away from the compound.

Sneaking: Success
Climbing a wall: Success

Return Sneak: Success
Unicorn Clan * Bushi * Battle Maiden * Honest and Fair * Hard to pronounce name
Honor: A Soul Above Question * Status: 1 * Glory: 3

Description

"Every day is a journey, and the journey itself home" -Bashō
Speaking Tegensai

Iuchi Prashant

Re: Stealthy Shopping Soirée

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:07 am

Prash was not particularly interested in material goods, but he was interested in seeing some more of the city and what was to be found in the market.... And especially in spending some time outside the dojo walls with his clansmates again before they went back home!

After a rushed breakfast, he met the others and was out without any problems, cheerfully following Nesrin down the street.

He felt a small pouch on his obi, double checking whether he had something with him. There it was. good, he thought, his smile showing a tiny bit of nervousness, which he did his best to hold back as they went on.

OOC edit: whoops, rolls!

The VP for the Agi roll was actually not spent as I hadn't properly thought about the times when rolling before we chose a time slot - I've asked V about it and as I'd succeed even without the VP, she said it's fine!

Day 10 Time TBD - Sneak/ Agility - 1 VP for +1k1. TN6: 3d10k3 21 - actually 12, keeping only the 2 lowest rolls as no VP spent here

Day 10 Time TBD - Athletics/ Strength - Climbing out. TN6: 4d10o10k2 8

Day 10 Time TBD - Athletics/ Strength - Climbing back in. TN6: 4d10o10k2 22
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:29 am

ichiro arrived with the others ready to see what the city held for them today. He snuck past the guards and basically just vaulted the wall only having to use one hand to push over as he gracefully cleared it.

"So markets today huh?" He asked the others as he landed.

-----------------
D10, (Hour TBA) Stealth/Agility TN 6: 4d10 18

D10, wall climb (Hour TBA) athetics/str TN 6: 8d10o10k4 33

D10, return (Hour TBA) Stealth/Agility TN 6: 4d10 14
Unicorn Clan • Moto • Large • Confident * bushi
Honor: As Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 3.2
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Animal hide cloak

Zurui lizard pet TP: 254
speaking: Ujik, Mekhem, Senpet

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:38 am

"Pākri! I want to see what the market here is like, then I can be proper impressed with the ones in Khanbulak. Oh, and I wanted to get some kind of sweets for Yasuki-san and Miya-san as thanks for helping me find Banling. Oh, and something for my sisters." Not that she's in a huge hurry getting to the market...though they should probably be back before they'd miss training.

She glances at the display of a building that seems to be a shop that looks like it specializes in paper goods--woodblock prints, and calligraphy. "They're all so pretty, but I feel like I wouldn't know what to do with them. Seems silly to put them up on a yurt, and I don't really want to settle."

Description

Speaking Tegensai

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:36 am

The Iuchi looks at everything they cross with great interest, but couldn't really think of anything he would bring back. Definitely not for himself. He saw some things his parents and sisters might have found interesting, and he would like to at least tell about them, but it was as Nesrin said...

"There's so much here that's really interesting! But it does sound clumsy to keep setting them up, then taking them down again when one's always on the move!"

"But... It is nice to see everything here. It really makes me wonder about Khanbulak. Of course washamo Moto probably isn't so impressed, ma?", he says, jestingly.
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:45 am

Ichiro looks around it was a fine market but not one to rival the one of his home he laughs at Prashant's words "It is a market like many others across the empire, if you want to be truly impressed I urge you to take up my invitation to Khanbulak. The markets are huge and bustling and if we can go to the gaijin side you will see things you wouldn't even believe if i told you."

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:46 am

The Iuchi grins at the Moto's words. "I bet! You know, I have been thinking about our conversation while training and ... I would very much like to travel the Sand Road one day. With washamo Nesrin along of we can", he says, smiling at the Battle Maiden. "And washamo Moto too if possible - or at the very least, I would like to take up your invitation to show us around If you are stationed there!" It's clear he doesn't feel uncomfortable addressing them in Tegensai after their time together.

He stops to look at some pretty metal wind chimes. They were so much more full of detail, and their sound was so much clearer than the wooden one he had made! Here's something he would like to learn how to do...

"Washamo Moto, are you thinking about taking something home? And... What do you like the most about the market there??"

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:35 am

"I definitely want to get out there, and it would be way better to go with friends...or a friend to meet another." Nesrin grins as she taps one of the delicate chimes as they pass. "Maybe I can make a pilgrimage. You can usually get permission for one of those, even if your position doesn't normally travel there, right?" Still walking, with them, she thinks for a few moments. "Course, first I need to learn what's out there that you'd get permission to pilgrimage to. Maybe a major temple?"

And it seemed fair since he'd asked Ichiro. "How about you, washamo Prashant? Taking home treats?"

Description

Speaking Tegensai

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:11 pm

"Oh, a pilgrimage... I hadn't thought about that, but I suppose it would be possible! The Iuchi do visit Tegensai devakuly - that is, temples! - ṣamāni and yānkuni - we could probably do that too. Maybe even go farther and visit temples in the Caliphate? Not so sure what we would find there, and how that might relate to our thought... but it could be interesting to find out" He grins, thinking about it.

He then looked at Nesrin as he examined some other chimes, then a small flute. "I... have made it a habit of not attaching myself too much to belongings, washamo Nesrin. I have not even brought money to the Dojo, in fact", he says... but the resolution in his eyes seem slightly shaded. "I would have liked the chance to take something to my sisters and parents... But well, stories to be told are a good memento as well, ma?", he says, smiling again.

"Ah... speaking of which, washamo Nesrin!", he says after a while, a bit sheepishly as he takes something from his Obi.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:33 pm

Ichiro smiled "A pilgramige is a fine idea though it may be harder for me to justify as I am no priest, perhaps something in the burning sands to learn from the Ujik people I am descended from." he says with a thoughtful tone "regardless my invitation stands and you both are welcome any time!"

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:16 pm

"A trip to the Ujik lands sounds like an interesting prospect too, washamo Ichiro. I look forward to it as well - or at least to meeting you in Khanbulak!"

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:38 pm

"Don't need to be a priest to pilgrimage. I've known those who used it to visit the Ki-Rin shrine in Phoenix lands...which I'd also like to see someday." She turns to the Moto. "The Lords of Death are from out in the Sands, aren't they? Do they have tem.. devakuly?" With a grin, she adds, "either way, I'll find you in Khanbulak. We can all worry about what might take us farther away than that, once we're all there."

"It's good not to be too attached to things, washamo Prashant. I mean, hold what you can carry, and the rest isn't a big deal. You should have something to take back if you want...and I've got one bu more than I expected, so use that if you want something. The other two'll be enough for sweets and beads."

In the excitement of looking at new things and planning way off into the future, it's the boy's sheepish tone that catches her wandering attention. "Hmm? what?"

Description

Speaking Tegensai

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:42 am

Utaku Nesrin wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:38 pm
"Don't need to be a priest to pilgrimage. I've known those who used it to visit the Ki-Rin shrine in Phoenix lands...which I'd also like to see someday." She turns to the Moto. "The Lords of Death are from out in the Sands, aren't they? Do they have tem.. devakuly?" With a grin, she adds, "either way, I'll find you in Khanbulak. We can all worry about what might take us farther away than that, once we're all there."
"Pākri, so will I! That much is settled then", he says with a smile.
Utaku Nesrin wrote:
"It's good not to be too attached to things, washamo Prashant. I mean, hold what you can carry, and the rest isn't a big deal. You should have something to take back if you want...and I've got one bu more than I expected, so use that if you want something. The other two'll be enough for sweets and beads."
"Oh... Kartse ynāñm for the offer, washamo Nesrin! Maybe if something made me think particularly of my sisters or parents...But I don't want to impose !" - this is said friendly and good naturedly - it sounds as if he might accept the offer, but wouldn't do so for just anything. Funnily enough, it might also count as a first refusal in the usual Rokugani way?
Utaku Nesrin wrote:
In the excitement of looking at new things and planning way off into the future, it's the boy's sheepish tone that catches her wandering attention. "Hmm? what?"
He then stops for a while, breathing a bit slowly, as he often did to focus himself. That almost manages to hide a slight blush on his face.

"Um... I... I would like you to have this, washamo Nesrin", he says, opening his hand to reveal a golden hairpin Nesrin might remember as one of the prizes from the Go tournament. "As thank you for your support and ... your friendship!", he says, smiling, his eyes looking sideways for a moment. "And...um... a keepsake of our time together, until we meet again."

His control of his breathing clearly fails a bit while he speaks, but he is almost back to normal by the time he stops speaking - normal with reddish cheeks that is.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:07 am

Ichiro watches the exchange with a grin "washamo Prash I didn't know you were looking to change names." he said with an air of good natured teasing

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:29 am

Turns to the Moto a bit startled - a funny change from his usual calm - but quickly finds a grin of his own "Oh, washamo Moto! I guess it is... Traditional to change names after one's gempukku, ma? Have you thought of yours already?"

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:25 pm

Iuchi Prashant wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:42 am
"Oh... Kartse ynāñm for the offer, washamo Nesrin! Maybe if something made me think particularly of my sisters or parents...But I don't want to impose !" - this is said friendly and good naturedly - it sounds as if he might accept the offer, but wouldn't do so for just anything. Funnily enough, it might also count as a first refusal in the usual Rokugani way?
"Pfft, It's not a gift if it's just coin, and it's coin I only have because those shiftless...what's Tegensai for dung piles?" Laughing at the thought that they probably don't teach that one in any formal class, she goes on. "Anyway, so don't make me think of a dozen ways to say you should have it when it's just a bit of metal with no...y'know...life to it. Much better if it's something that your family would like."
Iuchi Prashant wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:42 am
He then stops for a while, breathing a bit slowly, as he often did to focus himself. That almost manages to hide a slight blush on his face.

"Um... I... I would like you to have this, washamo Nesrin", he says, opening his hand to reveal a golden hairpin Nesrin might remember as one of the prizes from the Go tournament. "As thank you for your support and ... your friendship!", he says, smiling, his eyes looking sideways for a moment. "And...um... a keepsake of our time together, until we meet again."

His control of his breathing clearly fails a bit while he speaks, but he is almost back to normal by the time he stops speaking - normal with reddish cheeks that is.
For the space of two breaths the usually chatty girl just stops, blinking, she glances between the pair of them, checking for the joke, but if nothing else, the past week and change have really boosted her ability to pick up those undercurrents, and they're not there. "What? No, that's...I mean, see, that's something your sisters might like." Pause. "Because that's a real gift." Pause. "Um, refused like a real gift.. that isn't a coin."

She's almost thankful for Ichiro's joking so she can stop babbling and punch him in the arm. "Hey!"

Description

Speaking Tegensai

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:14 pm

Ichiro give one of those grins at Prash's words that said of course thats what I meant, honest

then broke out into chuckles as Nesrin slugged him on the arm "oho does the battle maiden wish to test her strength so soon?" he joked and fell into a stance as if to wrestle Nesrin before straightening himself and laughing.

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:39 pm

"If you don't stop teasing, I will!" She glares up at him, hands balled into fists held straight down at her sides, not even sure why she's so mad at him for a simple joke.

Description

Speaking Tegensai

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:45 pm

Ichiro holds up his hands in a placating gesture "woah there just messing around Nesrin-san. No need to look like you want to knock my head off."

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:01 pm

"I don't..." she huffs as she crosses her arms over her chest. "Knocking your head off would be a mess, and we'd be in so much trouble."

"Sorry," she mumbles before her attention shifts back to Prashant so see how he's taken the worst gift refusal can ever remember ever stumbled through."

Description

Speaking Tegensai

Return to “Hare”