Melee training in Tegensai

Iuchi Prashant

Re: Melee training in Tegensai

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:38 am

"Cloud is tärkar", he says while concentrating on dodging or deflecting her strikes. "Cloudy... well, it's like more having clouds - tärkarwatstse. A cloudy sky would be tärkarwatstse akāśe", he says, then corrects himself "or actually, if we were talking about the horizon - er... more air than sky I guess? Then it'd be tärkarwatstse iprer!"

Still focusing on her strikes, he continues. "I guess I'd be a yānkune, yes!" He thinks for a moment - "Maybe they'd call me a kauṃ-pirkoṣṣe yānkune - an "eastern priest"", he says, grinning. He then nods at her, smiling broadly. "I'll be honoured to have you by my side if, or... when I do, washamo Nesrin! I will remember to ask for you as my partner when the time comes!"

As she finally takes the spin for the more powerful strike, the Iuchi recognises the opportunity he had been looking for, taking a well-timed step aside and raising his own yäktekertte to touch her side... but his step is too short, and he takes her hit on his shoulder at almost the same time.

"Ouch!", he says, but immediately laughs. "That's a kärkweta! A tie... that was a fun match!"
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:19 pm

Iuchi Prashant wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:38 am
"Cloud is tärkar", he says while concentrating on dodging or deflecting her strikes. "Cloudy... well, it's like more having clouds - tärkarwatstse. A cloudy sky would be tärkarwatstse akāśe", he says, then corrects himself "or actually, if we were talking about the horizon - er... more air than sky I guess? Then it'd be tärkarwatstse iprer!"

Still focusing on her strikes, he continues. "I guess I'd be a yānkune, yes!" He thinks for a moment - "Maybe they'd call me a kauṃ-pirkoṣṣe yānkune - an "eastern priest"", he says, grinning. He then nods at her, smiling broadly. "I'll be honoured to have you by my side if, or... when I do, washamo Nesrin! I will remember to ask for you as my partner when the time comes!"

As she finally takes the spin for the more powerful strike, the Iuchi recognises the opportunity he had been looking for, taking a well-timed step aside and raising his own yäktekertte to touch her side... but his step is too short, and he takes her hit on his shoulder at almost the same time.

"Ouch!", he says, but immediately laughs. "That's a kärkweta! A tie... that was a fun match!"
"oof," She rubs at her ribs, grinning "good poke there, I'd have been in trouble with a live blade!" Sounding out the expanding lexicon,* she shakes her head, "I hadn't even thought of things like how differently the pieces go together. 'air having clouds' or 'sky having clouds' being different instead of just the one word for it.

Then she turns to look at Ichiro with mischief in her eyes. "But with a tie...I think that means we gang up on you, washamo Ichiro!" With a short leap, she lands not too far from him, feet together, to offer a beginning of bout bow.

*which belongs in a Google doc or something! XD
Unicorn Clan * Bushi * Battle Maiden * Honest and Fair * Hard to pronounce name
Honor: A Soul Above Question * Status: 1 * Glory: 3

Description

"Every day is a journey, and the journey itself home" -Bashō
Speaking Tegensai

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:42 am

"Yeah... I guess for some things Tegensai just... Sees them a bit differently", he says, with a smile that soon turns into a grin as he stands up and positions himself besides Nesrin, bowing as well. "Well, that sounds a bit hard, but I guess washamo Moto will be up to the challenge?", he says, happily. "First group to get hit loses, and then we get to the peñketāksa?"

OOC
Oof sorry for the long delay :p

I'll link the Google docs as soon as I make it :D
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Return to “Horse”