[Otasan Uchi, Chisei District] The Steps of Benten's Temple

Pregame for New Winds Part 1
Miya Wyn

[Otasan Uchi, Chisei District] The Steps of Benten's Temple

Post by Miya Wyn » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:38 pm

"Buzama ni Hirugaru Kyojin" Wyn shakes his head as he worked on his sketch. "The sprawling giant, it's a good name for it isn't it?" He wasn't speaking to anyone in particular as he sat on the steps of the Temple of the Fortune of Romantic Love, making broad marks on a scroll with his brushes. The setting sun was shining off the gates to the forbidden city, just visible at the end of the street and he was trying to get the last of the light to finish his drawing before setting out in the morning.
Imperial Family * Artisan * Courtier * Benton's Blessing * Short * Idealistic * Prodigy
Dojo Points: 104 | Status 1.5 | Glory 6.0 | Honor: Above Question
| Topaz Points: 166
Equipment: Kimono, Ink Brush Kit, Journal, Several Scrolls

Kokyou

Re: [Otasan Uchi, Chisei District] The Steps of Benten's Temple

Post by Kokyou » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:55 pm

And the figure of a rather tall boy with too much air in his lungs makes itself visible right in the middle of the view. Truly glorious.

Kokyou puts his closed hands against his hips, looking to some spot in the sky. As if he would be actually... posing.
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:59 pm

Wyn moves a few feet to the side, to get a better view around the boy that has just blocked his shot of the gates. He continues attempting to complete his sketch. He shakes his head a little and redoubles his effort to catch the last light of the fading sun.
Imperial Family * Artisan * Courtier * Benton's Blessing * Short * Idealistic * Prodigy

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:52 pm

Assuming the painter acknowledged him, Kokyou moves closer and changes pose. Now he looks forward to Wyn, with a big smirk. Even more air fills his lungs.
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:38 pm

Wyn sighs to himself, rises, collecting his stuff and moves to the other side of the steps, resetting up.

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:24 am

Kokyou nods to himself and moves toward Wyn. He produces a sharp bow. His lips tightened in appreciation of the Miya's relentnessless. Then, he exclaims, "Ye deserve me appreciation, I can be feelin' all this effort ye're placin' upon on yerself. It really must be hard. Startin' o'er be no shame, 'tis experience."

He nods a couple of times with a narrowed eye, to say, "It really must be hard t' paint someone so great 'n exhilaratin' as meself."

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:34 am

"Um what..." he blinks confused, "I mean....why...." He shakes his head and seems to recover after a second, "I am not painting anyone. I am attempting to create a sketch of the holy gates of the forbidden city." he waves his ink brush in that direction, "The arches will make a great symbol of the city, I have to get them just right" He sighs as the last bit of sunlight goes out over the enchanted walls.

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:51 am

Kokyou gruffs as his dad would, and takes a deep breath before saying, "I understand. But no need t' sell yourself short, me hearty. I know I can be rather intimidatin'. But ye got t' keep practicin'. Th' gates do seem t' be a fine background t' train upon."

He takes a glance at the Forbidden City's entrance and then back at the Miya. "They be callin' me Kokyou, the seed o' the storm, soon the become the mightiest gentleman o' fortune this world an' that 'as e'er known!"

With a flourished hand, he offers, "A pleasure t' meet yer acquaintance."

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:03 am

Wyn bows his head slightly in the direction of the hand offered. "Ko-ka-yu-san I believe there are many contestants for mightiest fortune, but I have never met one in person before." He smiles and waves toward the parchment around him, "I am called Wyn, an apprentice map-maker of the humble Miya family."

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:49 pm

"A map maker!" Kokyou widens his eyes in joy and closes his fists as if he had just claimed victory over a patch of land.

"By th' twirlin' mustache o' th' orochi, ye 'ave t' be me bucko!" The boy dashes forward and sits at Wyn's side, then bumps the Imperial with his elbow while opening a great grin to look over the parchment around. "Show us where th' booty be."

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:50 pm

The Miya looks at the man suddenly sitting next to him, close enough apparently to touch he frowns slightly "Booty...I am afraid I am not educated in the proper use of that word. Is that a town on the Mantis Isles?"

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:53 pm

Kokyou doesn't mind the frowing at all, and explains, "Wha'? Town? No. Booty be loot, doubloons, plunder."

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:08 pm

Wyn nods slowly, and waves in all directions a bit, but away from the palace. "The granaries are out there, in the hub cities, if you are looking for rice. Other then that all the real treasures of the empire are behind that gate. Protected by thousands of Seppun, enchanted walls spelled by the greatest shugenja of history, a bridge to the realm of the gods, that the Emperor himself could call reinforcements from heaven down if he so chooses."

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:55 am

Kokyou looks to the gate, narrowing his eye. Taking a deep breath, he daydreams of one crossing it to see what is in the other side. Then, he asks, still inclining himself to go check the gate for a moment, "Wha' about th' hidden treasures fer sprogs like us?"

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:06 am

Wyn shakes his head, "There is very little unexplored in this city, other then the holdings of the Tortoise."

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:09 am

Moving toward the gates, he looks back at Wyn while nodding. "Tortoise make great soup."

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:34 am

"Don't let them hear you say that, they are the son of heaven's personal vassals after all."

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:37 am

"But they do make great soup. I don't like it though. I rather 'ave sushi." He snickers, not really understanding why people would get mad at him for complimenting the tortoise.

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:04 am

He nods, "I have never had soup made by the Tortoise clan, so I can not give an opinion on if it is better or worse then Sushi, but generally I do prefer Sushi, yes"

Return to “Pregame, Part 1”