Starry Sky Soiree (Closed/Expecting)

Kakita Kazuko

Starry Sky Soiree (Closed/Expecting)

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:17 pm

Kazuko listlessly peruses the "garden" in the dying daylight as she waits for Kenji. It wasn't the decor she wanted, but she can still appreciate the effort that went into it. She doesn't understand the point of a garden that wasn't particularly aesthetically pleasing or useful in any way, but Crab will be Crab, she supposes. When it becomes too dark to identify the plants without expending actual effort, she decides to try and name the emerging constellations rather than common plants. She spreads out a borrowed blanket and lays down, covering herself with another one and putting her hands behind her head before whispering a small prayer to the kami. As the stars wink down at her she wonders if any of her ancestors are staring down at her approvingly and if her mother happens to be among them.... She sure hopes not, but quite frankly, she's too scared to consider any alternatives, whatever they may be.
Crane Clan | Bushi | Profile | Way Better than Kotomi
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.4 | TP: 252 (ty oleanderpoison!)
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Kakita Kenji

Re: Starry Sky Soiree (Closed/Expecting)

Post by Kakita Kenji » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:52 pm

After the banquet his date with Kazuko was planned. He had mixed feelings, on the one hand he was happy that the 10 days were behind him and that he hadn't brought any shame to the clan. On the other hand, they would leave tomorrow. he had found many friends here and he had also found Kazuko here.

The memory of their first meeting flashed briefly and he smiled. Just as the flap of a butterfly's wings could trigger a hurricane, a game of Go has brought two souls together.

When he returned home he hoped that his parents were finally proud of him and he could persuade them to marry him to Kazuko. He truly loved her.

But those were the problems of the future, now he was wandering through the garden looking for her.

Kenji saw Kazuko sitting on the blanket and sneaked up behind her. With his hands he covered her eyes. "Who am I?" he whispered softly.
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:50 am

Her dour thoughts scatter as she's taken by surprise. She tenses at first and moves to pull away, grabbing your hands, but then giggles slightly as she realizes who it is. Two can play at this. She pulls a face to make as if she is deep in contemplation.

"Hmm, perhaps you a Tengu that has come from above to test mortals with imposing riddles, or a playful trickster spirit that enjoys toying with unsuspecting schoolkids. You could even be a highly skilled actor who is pretending to be the most courageous man I have grown to love and trust, but I would recognize these hands anywhere, Kenji."
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:14 am

"Oh is that so, Kazuko" Kenji smiled. He took the time to embrace Kazuko before sitting down next to her.

The garden did not really emphasize the mood and Kenji still could not understand how Hida-Sensei could get the majority of the students to support his garden, but how do you say it? The tea is already spilled.
At least the stars and the moon were beautiful despite scattered clouds, some fireflies could be seen and a light breeze blew the smell of summer flowers around.

He took her hand and interlocked his fingers with hers.
Kenji looked up at the stars, smiling.

"You know, when I came here, I never expected to find anyone to make my heart race like that."
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:45 pm

Kakita Kenji wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:14 am
"Oh is that so, Kazuko" Kenji smiled. He took the time to embrace Kazuko before sitting down next to her.

The garden did not really emphasize the mood and Kenji still could not understand how Hida-Sensei could get the majority of the students to support his garden, but how do you say it? The tea is already spilled.
At least the stars and the moon were beautiful despite scattered clouds, some fireflies could be seen and a light breeze blew the smell of summer flowers around.

He took her hand and interlocked his fingers with hers.
Kenji looked up at the stars, smiling.

"You know, when I came here, I never expected to find anyone to make my heart race like that."
The twinkle in her eyes shows how happy she is to hear that and it's unlikely to be a trick of the starlight unless it's making it look like she's blushing too. Carefree and high-spirited from your comment, she pulls you in close to cuddle.

"Kenji! How do you manage to say the cheesiest things and make it sound so romantic? But... nor did I."

Under the serene night sky with the cool spring breeze bordering on summer is the perfect atmosphere for Kazuko to finally give you the parting gift she's been planning for so long. She stares at you just long enough to grab your attention and grins. Is that a hint of mischievousness?

"Kenji, I have a gift I wanna give you before we leave but you gotta close your eyes. You better not peek or I'm keeping it!" she jests whimsically, knowing that you wouldn't.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:07 pm

"When you grow up with two sisters, you know what to say," he said jokingly, "but I think it's because it's the pure truth."

Kazuko's words quickened Kenji's heartbeat. Could it be what he thought it was? Outwardly, he seemed calm, happy that it was dark because the excitement had covered his face in deep red color. In him a hurricane seemed like a gentle breeze. So many things flashed through his mind that he hardly had time to think of a single thought. Nervously he closed his eyes,....... and waited...

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:39 pm

Kakita Kenji wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:07 pm
"When you grow up with two sisters, you know what to say," he said jokingly, "but I think it's because it's the pure truth."

Kazuko's words quickened Kenji's heartbeat. Could it be what he thought it was? Outwardly, he seemed calm, happy that it was dark because the excitement had covered his face in deep red color. In him a hurricane seemed like a gentle breeze. So many things flashed through his mind that he hardly had time to think of a single thought. Nervously he closed his eyes,....... and waited...
A rustle here or there, the crunch of gravel on gravel. Then, silence aside from the rustling of leaves.

"Okay, you can open your eyes now," she says from behind you.

When you turn around, she gingerly pulls you toward her, pressing her lips to yours for a moment that felt far too brief. Color blooms into her cheeks as she nearly can't believe what she just did but she feels no embarrassment or shame from it.

"...A little something so you don't forget about me," she mumbles.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:18 pm

He opened his eyes and his heart and his head suddenly raced as Kazuko's lips touched his own.
Without warning, a million thoughts suddenly shot through his head, so many things he asked himself without having an answer and then her lips separated from him.

She should have had the Stone Katana. Kazuko was many things in Kenji's eyes, beautiful, proud, strong, but it was this courage that Kenji admired so much.

"How could I ever forget you?..." Kenji said gently. She was his fate, he could feel it.

But she shouldn't be the only one to show that it was serious. Kenji leaned forward to kiss Kazuko, a tick longer than the kiss before. He embraced her tightly, almost as if he had to hold on to her to make sure this was no dream.

"I really love you, Kazuko" was all Kenji was able to say.

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:32 am

"I know. I love you too."

She brushes his hair back and hugs back just as tightly, making sure to remember every detail about this moment... Especially the tenderness of his lips... An offhand noise, likely a student or sensei still awake, painfully reminds them that they're still in the open and could easily be caught. Body still tingling all over, she eventually reluctantly extricates herself even though her eyes beg for more, mustering up all the courage and teenage awkwardness she can to continue the conversation.

"So, um, do you wanna just look at the stars or, uh, something?"

Scratching the back of her neck, she tries to focus her thoughts on something other than the brief, but intimate, moment you just shared but her mind is still jumbled. She might seem to have lost all skill for words but it's very easy to tell what she wants to say just from her body language.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:33 am

Being reminded that they were, in fact, not alone, put Kenji out of Kazuko's spell. He released Kazuko only reluctantly, but he was painfully aware that he had to let her go. Even if their paths would separate tomorrow, they would still come together one day, he knew that. And he would enjoy every single second with her. But now he too had to restrain himself, even though it was difficult. Kitsuki-Sensi's lessons might not have been completely in vain because he tried to collect himself as good as possible, with moderate success.

He cleared his throat: "Of course, but do you think maybe we should change the location? To be a little closer to the stars"

And where nobody can see us cuddling, he thought.

He pointed to a roof that was not part of Zashi and Sakura's meeting place. And where the two of them, should they be up on a rooftop right now, couldn't watch them

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:50 pm

Kakita Kenji wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:33 am
Being reminded that they were, in fact, not alone, put Kenji out of Kazuko's spell. He released Kazuko only reluctantly, but he was painfully aware that he had to let her go. Even if their paths would separate tomorrow, they would still come together one day, he knew that. And he would enjoy every single second with her. But now he too had to restrain himself, even though it was difficult. Kitsuki-Sensi's lessons might not have been completely in vain because he tried to collect himself as good as possible, with moderate success.

He cleared his throat: "Of course, but do you think maybe we should change the location? To be a little closer to the stars"

And where nobody can see us cuddling, he thought.

He pointed to a roof that was not part of Zashi and Sakura's meeting place. And where the two of them, should they be up on a rooftop right now, couldn't watch them
Still distracted, it takes a moment longer for her comprehend your words although her face is not as flushed anymore.

"Um, yes, good idea."

She hastily wads up the blanket and follows you to the roof, prepared to stay awake for the rest of the night even though she is unlikely to be able to if it means more time spent cuddling together. She's also open to more discussion if you wish and will definitely help keep her up longer.

(down to continue discussion or /scene, whatever you want)

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:29 am

He climbed onto the roof with her. The blankets under his arm.
He tried to make the position as comfortable as possible before sitting down with her.

The night passed in a mixture of cuddling, talking and watching the stars.
The morning probably started earlier than they would have liked.

(/scene!)

Return to “Boar”