Event: The Hirosaka Go Tournament

Kakita Kazuko

Re: Event: The Hirosaka Go Tournament

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:08 pm

In order to save on time, Kazuko ushers the finalists to the next board after each game, giving her time to count the controlled territory as they play. After the final game, she carefully counts and recounts before standing up and walking to the front of the room, ready to announce the winner.

"If I may have your attention for a moment, I am ready to announce the winner! Please congratulate the first ever Student Go Master of Hirosaka..."

She pauses for dramatic effect.

"...Iuchi Prashant-san!"

She beckons Prashant to come so he can be acknowledged and receive his prizes. Kazuko shakes his hand before handing him a certificate that proclaims the holder to be the first Student Go Master of Hirosaka, a golden hairpin, and a calligraphy artwork scroll.

(ooc: lmk if any grammar is wrong, writing this half asleep)
Crane Clan | Bushi | Profile | Way Better than Kotomi
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.4 | TP: 252 (ty oleanderpoison!)
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:43 pm

Sasaiko bows to the victor.

A good showing, she thinks, and something else to study.
Toritaka Noriko
Falcon * Phantom Hunter (Shug)
S 2.0 * G 2.1 * H As Expected

On-site: robes, sandals, and scroll satchel and scrolls, Seppun blade, Miya-made map of Tsuma; might have money
Off: the above + loaded traveling pack

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:15 pm

Doji Murashige stands and bows to Prashant.
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:55 am

After thanking both Jiro for the games, and Nesrin for her support and the lucky stone, and bowing back acknowledging Sasaiko, Prash seems even somehow... uncomfortable with the attention when Kazuko speaks and gestures towards him. Nevertheless, he bows and tries to behave appropriately as she asks him to come to her.

He seems a bit surprised by the Crane's gesture, but is happy to shake her hand in the Unicorn way, then bows as she offers him the certificate, the hairpin and the scroll.

He also bows low to Doji-sensei.

"Doji-sensei, Kakita Kazuko-san" he then turns his head slightly recognising Kenji as well - "Kakita Kenji-san". He bows low again. "It has been a great honour to participate in this tournament. This has been a great opportunity to learn about the game, but also about my colleagues and myself. I thank you kindly for offering these prizes, but... I do not feel I am worthy of any further prize - the experience of the tournament was a great prize in itself"
Last edited by Iuchi Prashant on Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:21 am

The sensei nods a little, and seems about to respond but stops herself and looks to Kazuko instead

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:54 pm

Sakura, who had been watching, looked confused. This wasn't gifting, right?
Crane Clan*Artisan*Singer*Weaponsmith*Gemsmith*Gem-obsessed*Tougher than she looks*Daredevil*Tiny*Innocent*Great Potential*Profile
Status: 0.5 | Glory: 1.4 | Honour: As expected | Dojo Points: 52
Equipment: Jade Tanto, Better quality clothes, Sweets, Biwa, Umbrella

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:49 pm

Kazuko notices his uneasiness at being in the limelight and empathizes with him, realizing that someone from the Unicorn likely isn't used to all of this and may be confused. She tries to persuade him to take the prize gracefully, especially in front of Doji sensei, hinting that the sooner he accepts, the sooner he can step out.

"I am happy that you had fun, but you do not have to feel any guilt as you have proved yourself worthy by winning the tournament. Please, it would be an honor to bestow these prizes upon you and conclude the tournament."

---

here's the roll in case i needed one
D8 Rooster Courtier/Awareness, TN6: 3d10k3 12
Crane Clan | Bushi | Profile | Way Better than Kotomi
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.4 | TP: 252 (ty oleanderpoison!)
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:21 am

The Unicorn keeps silent for a moment - perhaps slightly confused.

Well... I suppose this is not something I should treat as a gift after all, he thinks. He's not one to focus on competition, so the feeling of 'deserving' something due to winning seems to confuse him a bit... As does the idea of holding on to material belongings.

But this was a meaningful situation, so it should be... different . Maybe.

He bows again to Kazuko, then to the other cranes, and bows deeply to the Sensei.

"I... I am honoured to receive them, in that case, Kakita-san. I thank you deeply for this occasion, once again."

He then steps forward to receive the prizes, and when he does so his usual easygoing smile has overcome any discomfort he might be feeling. He looks again at his former opponents, smiling warmly particularly to Nesrin, Ichiro, Aiichiro... and Jiro, his last opponent, whom he seems to greet with a nod of acknowledgement.
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:14 pm

Kenji bowed to Prashant, then to his classmates

"It was a pleasure to welcome you all to this event. With the nomination of the winner the event is officially over, but I invite you to discuss the games and congratulate the winner personally. Honored is Iuchi Parashianto-san, Student Go Master of Hirosaka."

Kenji announced and bowed down again to Prahsant and his classmates. He then turned to Doji-Sensei.

"Honor be also to Doji-Sensei who is an honorable guest at the event today. I want to thank you again very much for joining us in this event," Kenji said and bowed deeply before the sensei.
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:05 am

She returned the bow with a very feint smile in her eyes, but said nothing, keeping the rest of her face blank.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:03 am

The Iuchi bowed again, to Kenji, then bows very low to Doji-sensei. "Again, it has been a great honour to be received for this most lovely event. I... believe I should thank all of the Crane delegation for organising this", he says, smiling warmly to them all. The etiquette of it all may not have been the most proper, but he seems genuinely happy.

He might still seem a bit uncomfortable with the prizes themselves, or maybe... thoughtful, as if considering what to make of them. It is as if he never actually thought about the prizes themselves while playing.

But he was still very clearly happy.

After the formalities, he goes to join the others and talk about the games with them, and thank Nesrin for the support and Jiro, Aiichiro and the others for their games.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Return to “Rooster”