The Big Meal At The End of the Road

Kaito Haruki

The Big Meal At The End of the Road

Post by Kaito Haruki » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:24 pm

Amuse Bouche: uni on a small bed of noodles with lemon juice encased in yellow seaweed (think like a pasta tower in a French restaurant)
Hassun (theme setter): ayu with watermelon cubes and hiyayakko (grilled sweetfish, chilled tofu w/ green onion garnish, and neatly cut watermelon).
Mukozuke: unagi sashimi on a bed of rice
(Eel fillets over steamed rice)
Takiawase: chicken Rei-shabu w/ sesame sauce as a salad
(Chicken salad w/ seasonal vegetables)
Futamono: Goyo Miso soup
(Miso soup with a a bitter vegetable incorporated into it for health)
Yakimono: Yakitori (grilled chicken)
Su-zakana: Egg Hiyashi chuka w/ soy sauce (basically cold ramen nearly arranged)
Hiyashi-bachi: chilled, lightly cooked veggies
Naka-choko: Nagashi somen served down a bamboo slide in cold water (noodle palette cleanser)
Shiizakana: Hot Pot (various ingredients neatly organized around a large bowl filled with broth flavored by the ingredients everyone cooks inside it like fondue)
Gohan: rice dish (several varieties of fried rice, pick whichever you want)
Ko no mono: Hiyashi chuka (noodle and salad) (basically same as before for now, was too tired last night and accidentally repeated. Let's just say I'm trying to finish up whatever is left at this point)
Tome-wan: Miso based soup served w/ rice (same as before)
Dessert: Kakigori (shaved ice with different syrups available, basically snow cones)
Drinks served with the whole thing: Various juices, Tea, and Sake for the adults

D10 Dog: Artisan: Cooking/Awareness, 3 Raises, TN 12, Strength of Honor, Void Point Used, 10 die rule so reroll: 10d10o10k4 42
3 called raises +30 over TN= 6 raises total
+0.6 Glory for craftsmanship?
Last edited by Kaito Haruki on Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Utaku Ichiro

Re: The Big Meal At The End of the Road

Post by Utaku Ichiro » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:18 pm

Stereotypes had the Unicorn as savage barbarians. Devourers of red meat and strange spices. Rumors were not entirely incorrect... but that does not mean that they did not have a palate, and appreciation, for Rokugani cuisine. If anything they likely held those who could create such in higher esteem than many clans who saw cooking as peasant work.

"A very fine meal indeed Kaito-san. Most impressive work."
Unicorn • Bushi • Experienced • Enlightened • Ascetic • Heroic Muse
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 5.2 • Infamy: 0.5 • Topaz Points: 229

Gear in Tsuma: Poorly sized purple and ivory utilitarian travelling clothes, charred gold scarf, daisho, jade
Outside Tusma: Unicorn riding horse, riding armor, scimitar, daisho, ono, han-kyu and arrows, jade
Description

Before the thunder can roar the lightning must strike

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:57 pm

"Ah, Kaito-san, this is wonderful!" Nobuko praised him after trying a little of everything and then taking more of the dishes she liked the best. "Such skill deserves to be recognized far and wide. I hope yours will be."
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:02 pm

Sakura, who was sat close to Zashi, had some of her food and it was amazing! She was really enjoying it...but she was also looking for the right moment.

This was it.

She got up, giving Zashi a smile and a nod before moving towards the Ruby Champion and bowing deeply to get her attention.
Crane Clan*Artisan*Singer*Weaponsmith*Gemsmith*Gem-obsessed*Tougher than she looks*Daredevil*Tiny*Innocent*Great Potential*Profile
Status: 0.5 | Glory: 1.4 | Honour: As expected | Dojo Points: 52
Equipment: Jade Tanto, Better quality clothes, Sweets, Biwa, Umbrella

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:25 pm

Ginkarasu happily enjoyed the food as the night continued onwards.
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:13 am

Doji Sakura wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:02 pm
Sakura, who was sat close to Zashi, had some of her food and it was amazing! She was really enjoying it...but she was also looking for the right moment.

This was it.

She got up, giving Zashi a smile and a nod before moving towards the Ruby Champion and bowing deeply to get her attention.
"Hello, Doji-san. How is our finest smith doing this evening?"

She says from her seated position, giving a small nodding bow.
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:45 am

Yasuki Ginkarasu wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:25 pm
Ginkarasu happily enjoyed the food as the night continued onwards.
Wyn settles in "This all looks so good, but Yasuki'san where is the Mochi? I thought for sure you would have secured the catering gig for something like this by now"
Imperial Family * Artisan * Courtier * Benton's Blessing * Short * Idealistic * Prodigy
Dojo Points: 104 | Status 1.5 | Glory 6.0 | Honor: Above Question
| Topaz Points: 166
Equipment: Kimono, Ink Brush Kit, Journal, Several Scrolls

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:52 am

Vutall wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:13 am
"Hello, Doji-san. How is our finest smith doing this evening?"

She says from her seated position, giving a small nodding bow.
"Good evening Agasha-dono. I'm well thank you, I hope you are also? Ano...I'm sorry for interrupting your food..."

She paused, looking around, before taking out a box and holding it out. On top of the box was a small carving of a Dragon and the chrysanthemum.

"As a thank you for this, I would like to gift you something I made for you."
Crane Clan*Artisan*Singer*Weaponsmith*Gemsmith*Gem-obsessed*Tougher than she looks*Daredevil*Tiny*Innocent*Great Potential*Profile

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:53 am

The Ruby Champion looks at the box and puts her hands up

"This is beautiful, but such a thing would be wasted on me, Doji-san. Such craftsmanship should be on display instead of kept in a dusty office."

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:56 am

"Ano...the box is a part of the gift, it has something inside also. I made it especially for Agasha-dono" Sakura offered again.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:05 am

"I am certain whatever is inside is much to precious and beautiful for one such as myself, who is constantly covered in dirt and grime. It would only tarnish its beauty"

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:16 am

Sakura shook her head.

"Agasha-dono does a very very important duty, the Ruby champion will always shine. There is nobody more suitable for this than Agasha-dono, so please accept this gift!"

When she accepted, inside the box would be a pair of earrings. Ruby earrings, shaped like a dragon, with the eyes the green colour of the Dragon clan. Something she had made herself for the champion.

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:16 am

Jiro was sitting a little further down the table, far away from the Yakitori. He looked noticeably uncomfortable when he glanced up the table in that direction, and was mostly interested in speaking to the people across from him or to his left.
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro
Honor: Untrustworthy, Infamy: 1, Status: 2, Topaz Points: 254

Wearing: a lovely scarf, wakizashi, extravagant clothing This mask

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:40 am

Miya Wyn wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:45 am
Wyn settles in "This all looks so good, but Yasuki'san where is the Mochi? I thought for sure you would have secured the catering gig for something like this by now"
"Ran out. Parents are off in Otosan Uchi." He answers back.
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:52 am

Doji Sakura wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:16 am
Sakura shook her head.

"Agasha-dono does a very very important duty, the Ruby champion will always shine. There is nobody more suitable for this than Agasha-dono, so please accept this gift!"

When she accepted, inside the box would be a pair of earrings. Ruby earrings, shaped like a dragon, with the eyes the green colour of the Dragon clan. Something she had made herself for the champion.
“It is exquisite, Doji-San. I shall wear it with pride. Thank you.”

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:02 am

Haruki barely talks with the other students as he is busy organizing his staff to make sure everything runs smoothly. Even with a day of planning, the time margins are thin when making a 14 course meal for 60 people. He planned to join the others after bathing when he finally sets up the main course, a simple communal broth over a fire with various ingredients surrounding it.
"Feel free to eat as much as you want, I'll be back soon."
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:54 am

Yasuki Ginkarasu wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:40 am

"Ran out. Parents are off in Otosan Uchi." He answers back.
" Well, is running out good or bad? That means you expended all your resources, which was the goal right? But it also means you could have used more resources?"
Imperial Family * Artisan * Courtier * Benton's Blessing * Short * Idealistic * Prodigy
Dojo Points: 104 | Status 1.5 | Glory 6.0 | Honor: Above Question
| Topaz Points: 166
Equipment: Kimono, Ink Brush Kit, Journal, Several Scrolls

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:50 am

A random Scorpion bushi made his way to the big dinner. His white hair and blue eyes didn't make it so apparent for the people around. He sat down next to Jiro with a smile. "Konbanwa, cousin." This was his last act to prank his peers.

//D10 Dog Random Scorpion Bushi big meal Acting Awa base TN6 2 raises tn16: 5d10o10k3 22
Chosen Name: Bayushi Gakihiro
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1
Only wears the Scorpion Mon
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1 Glory: 1
Cat:Ninya
"I wear many mask, none is me"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:57 pm

Miya Wyn wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:54 am
" Well, is running out good or bad? That means you expended all your resources, which was the goal right? But it also means you could have used more resources?"
"If I had more to begin with, could've had more. Used all my stipend to bring what I did. Almost doubled what I started with, with what got sent back to the Wall." He smiles a bit at the success.

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:04 pm

Bayushi Kaidan wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:50 am
A random Scorpion bushi made his way to the big dinner. His white hair and blue eyes didn't make it so apparent for the people around. He sat down next to Jiro with a smile. "Konbanwa, cousin." This was his last act to prank his peers.

//D10 Dog Random Scorpion Bushi big meal Acting Awa base TN6 2 raises tn16: 5d10o10k3 22
Jiro's eyes widened slightly. "Konbanwa...I...do not think I have seen you here before, cousin. Are you from the village?" Are you, in fact, mostly Crane?

Perception/Investigation=17
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro
Honor: Untrustworthy, Infamy: 1, Status: 2, Topaz Points: 254

Wearing: a lovely scarf, wakizashi, extravagant clothing This mask

Return to “Dog”