Final Touches

Asako Saburo

Re: Final Touches

Post by Asako Saburo » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:22 am

Moto Ichiro wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:05 am
He nidded and placed the sword in its scabbard before returning her bow "Thank you Doji-san." He did not boast or bring up old arguments this had been a personal journey and he was happy with its end.
Saburo walked over and looked down at it, tapping his lips for a moment. After a nod, he looked up at the big young man. "I hope that you continue to carry that for a long time. The spirit of a blade would remember one who forged and wielded it. A weapon would appreciate that sort of honor." It wasn't quite the sort of thing that woke blades up on its own, but in his estimation, it was good for a man who forged his own blade to wield it, if he was not gifted one by a superior in its stead.
Phoenix Clan * Shugenja * Void * Sickly * Hypochondriac
Topaz Points: 212
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:43 am

"I will keep it always and use it unless I am gifted a blade of ancestral power, they are too well made and powerful to not use." He said nodding to the Asako boy.
Unicorn Clan • Moto • Large • Confident * bushi
Honor: As Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 3.2
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Animal hide cloak

Zurui lizard pet TP: 254
speaking: Ujik, Mekhem, Senpet

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:50 am

"Agreed. A sacred weapon of the clan is its own honor, and there are still ways to thank the blade for its service before that day," he said, nodding towards it. Kakita blades were the most famous by far of those, but there were many out there. "Have you considered a name, perhaps? I know it is not unheard of for smiths to name their weapons."
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:58 am

He shook his head "I believe it shall earn a name not just be given one because I made it. I am no master Smith, you could find hundreds of blades of this quality in my hometown i am sure. No, it is a blade and I will not be so full of myself as to name it."
Unicorn Clan • Moto • Large • Confident * bushi
Honor: As Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 3.2
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Animal hide cloak

Zurui lizard pet TP: 254
speaking: Ujik, Mekhem, Senpet

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:22 am

A thought or two and he nodded. "I like that sentiment too." Bit of a bloody work but it was a blade. What else was it supposed to be? "Thank you for letting me know you'd be finishing it today. I was ... curious about its final form."

(OOC: Also a great way to get your weapon for your starting outfit. Just saying.)

Return to “Hare”