Hour of the Raven

Kaiu Aiichiro

Re: Hour of the Raven

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:01 pm

He shook his head. "No, I was looking for you specifically. There is nothing on this part of the courtyard different than any others with the exception we are alone here. Although if I wanted to be alone I would simply see you and continue my way. I do not endure your company, Ginkarasu-san. I sought for it."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:04 pm

"No, not here, this training room. I mean, the trip here, this dojo." He smiles still. "I'm lucky for the first real time, knowing you. Thank you for your friendship Aiichiro-san."
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:08 pm

"The thing I feel guilty for is that I don't even know who I consider to be a friend or not. It started to confound myself. I don't really like talking all the time with everyone. I just found that company is the most effective thing for me."
He took a sip of water, looking intensively at log as it had scribblings of a dark omen.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:40 am

"Don't forget to stretch." Ginkarasu mentions. "And yeah. The Scorpion reminded me that you can have people who want to be your friend because of what that friendship can get them, and those who are your friends because of who they are. Knowing what is which is confusing."
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:24 am

"I'm... I'm sorry for this." He got up and started to do stretching exercises. "It's not justifiable. I know. Hm... So... It isn't making sense, I realized. Let's focus on the training." Aiichiro foccused mostly on stretching his legs and arms.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:25 am

"Supposedly its a good paranoia to have when you're in the courts of Rokugan. Which I gotta remember, because who knows who'll try to befriend me if I get an important charge to defend?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:28 am

"Sometimes I thought that if I am a friend for a person and the person is a friend too for me, does it matter? Isn't it what friendship should be?"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:32 am

He continues fanning himself. "Yeah, think so. But it's knowing whether or not the other person is actually, and not just what's the phrase....a fair-weather friend."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:39 am

"No weather is fair weather for you, is it?" He asked as he finished his moves, stretching his arms forward as a finishing move and walking towards the log.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:46 am

"That's what the Scorpion thought! But then pointed that it'd be even easier to manipulate me, because I don't have any experience having things people want that they can't get easily otherwise." He shakes his head, "It's like they've never had good mochi, thinking I never experienced that!"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:58 am

"I see. Some days should be good days, but most days are not bad ones."
Aiichiro takes the log.
"This is heavier than I thought, seeing you jump with it like that... Can you do the counting so I can concentrate on jumping?"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:07 am

"Yeah. Got a good grip?" He looks, nodding when Aiichiro affirms he does.

"Take your time, stance is important."

He waits a few breaths, "One,

Two...

Three..."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:35 am

He was holding it and jumping comfortably at first, but training always got more tiresome the more time it held by.
When he returned from the thirty-third jump, his legs collapsed with the impact and he fell with the log to the ground with a short shriek.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:44 am

Ginkarasu waits a few seconds.

He remembered how when he had panicked before, Aiichiro got more concerned. So he waited, to make sure the Kaiu could figure out his condition on his own.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:46 am

He let the log roll to the ground, rubbing his hands against his clothes before taking the left one to his chest.
"I'm not ready yet... For even fourty." He says with some discontentment, still breathing in an accelerated pace.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:49 am

"But you found the limit, which is the important thing!" He moves over to give Aiichiro his fan back. "Now you know that if you do more, you got better then you were!"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:53 am

He smiled at Ginkarasu. "Thank you." He replies, using the object to bring some air at himself and kind walking kind of crouching to sit on the engawa and take his water bottle.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:56 am

He shakes his head, "No no, gotta stand. Sitting now means you'll be sore tomorrow." He moves to get the log put back where he found it.

"It's like..." He thinks real hard for awhile. "You don't leave a bow string taut too long, cause you'll ruin the bend of the bow, right?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:08 am

He looks quite startled and gets up again. Being sore for an entire day seemed like a death sentence on this dojo. "I think this already happened. The sore thing." His tone was quite worried. "But it was probably because I was distracted and didn't realize I passed my limits."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:54 am

He nods, "It's possible. But there's sore, and then there's sore and you'll know the difference."

Return to “Serpent”