Hour of the Raven

Kaiu Aiichiro

Re: Hour of the Raven

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:41 am

"She's an ishi. You know, the void shugenja." He answered in a normal voice.
"Twenty seconds. Go back to the log." He said in a jussive tone.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:03 am

He put away the bottle after a small swig, then grunted, getting the log back.

Back to jump and hold, jump and hold, jump and hold.
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:12 am

He continued to count until ten again. "You may stop again. Also, in the second battle, Himeya-sensei helped Haruki-san. She cast a spell, and he was engulfed on fire, but it didn't hurt him."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:26 am

He was panting by this point, but still pushed on.

"Yeah? I wonder if that was the lights I saw? It wasn't the colors warning of an attack like the Hida said they use."
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:40 am

"Like the Hida use. I don't know a lot about them, it is borrowed Agasha technology. I'm pretty sure there is no colored fire here."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:44 am

"Good thing they had a Crab among the students there then." He scoops up his water bottle for a drink then gets the log back in his hands. "Twice more? Then your turn?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:49 am

"I was going to do only once more. Do they train you for fourty on your dojo? I estimated the Hiruma amount to be thirty for men and fourty for women."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:55 am

"I did thirty before you got here. It's what my sensei always had me do when I hurt someone. Forces me to think about how hard it is to carry someone else, if the log's right." He answers back. "This one's pretty dense."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:00 am

He laughed. "Ginkarasu-san!" Then stop slowly. "Oh the Fortunes, you did fifty! I thought you had just started! Come, have my fan and rest. I'll go when you are ready to count."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:10 am

"At least ten more. Ten times the number of times I hit a servant of the Emperor." He responds, clutching the log yet.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:12 am

He nods, respecting this. It was curious to see and at the same time good for discipline. "Ten more. Go. One..."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:14 am

He starts the jumps again, digging deep to keep his form good.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:27 am

He analyzed the boy, quite impressed. Ginkarasu esse pretty resilient. That was something to keep in mind-
He lost the count. Guess he jumped two more.times?
"Eight, nine, ten."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:45 am

Ginkarasu finally stopped, leaning down against the log as he set it down and picking the water bottle back up.

"The training here has been really intense, but, I feel like I can do so much more then I could when we were in Otosan Uchi."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:50 am

"Not more intense for me, nor more diverse, just focused on other things I don't have a clue about. If the average samurai should know everything they are teaching, I think we are kind of screwed." He answers, approaching the Yasuki and handing him his fan. "The Kaiu make toys for a similar reason."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:53 am

He looks at the log, opening the fan and using it right away. "I know I couldn't lift one that heavy for that long and that many reps when I was at the home dojo. I just did like twice as much as I've ever done!"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:59 am

"I normally do twenty. Hmmmmmm. Let's try to do sixty too then. As well, maybe it would do good to pick more water to throw over you. It looks like you just got off a sauna." He replies.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:12 pm

"Definitely need to go to the baths, yeah." He stays standing, shifting from foot to foot, having learned that you don't just sit after working your legs or they'll hate you.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:18 pm

Aiichirō stays sit. "Ginkarasu-san, just... Just one thing. I didn't know you valued me so highly. It... It makes me feel kind of guilty." He looked around.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:46 pm

Ginkarasu smiles. "I know it was just happenstance that we were both coming here. Most people avoid me. Sensei told me once, I'll make a good yojimbo if I figure out how to take advantage of it."

He fans himself. "Your friendship has meant a lot. And can you believe it, an Otomo is going to play music just for me!"

Return to “Serpent”