What Has Come Before

Kaiu Aiichiro

Re: What Has Come Before

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:14 am

"I see. I don't believe the Governor would then accept such a thing when they already launched countermeasures." He frowns. "One based on running and shouting would still be plausible, maybe?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:21 am

"The guards have instruction to immediately come and alert the sensei here should they see or hear anything. What they will be ordered to do when we depart in three days is undetermined."
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:51 am

"I see. Can't override the Governor's instructions then. Yotsuo-san, do you have any suggestions on how to possibly solve this impasse? Your opinion is welcome."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:25 am

"Short of maybe having one of the sensei place a ward on the entrance. I can't imagine anyone would have any complaints with one of the instructors wanting to keep themselves and the students safe by such temporary means. And demonstrating the effectiveness of an action that is within the realm of propriety might inspire continued warding from the governor?"
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Honor: Expected ѻ Glory: 3.0 ѻ Status: 3.0 ѻ Topaz Points: 0
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:01 am

"Indeed, Kuni-san. Shosuro-sama and myself have been attempting such a thing. You may have noticed last night there was a section of the training grounds the...creatures...were unable to enter without having great harm caused to them, for example. Additional measures can be temporary blockades of the passage, additional eyes on it to suppliment the guards the governor has provided, and rotating night watches, which the sensei who have less duties now that we are wrapping up things can attend to."

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:18 am

Yotsuo nods at that. "So, the potential threat is already being minimized. Short of knowing if there are specific wards or materials that would be particularly effective against the creatures, there isn't much more to be done at this time. Perhaps giving a report on the specific dangers or weaknesses of the creature to the governor if someone had such information could be helpful?" he asks, looking to Aiichiro. "Perhaps the libraries at the governor's disposal have such information, perhaps they don't. But I imagine that most governors wouldn't be insulted by someone providing a first hand account and important information about something that happens in their area of responsibility. A written report from someone that was present would likely be appreciated more than a suggestion of how to handle the situation."
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Honor: Expected ѻ Glory: 3.0 ѻ Status: 3.0 ѻ Topaz Points: 0
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:29 am

"A well written report would be beneficial. I know Agasha-sama spent much of her time in dealing with the Governor thus far, so additional information for her to bring to him would only help complete the picture."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:50 am

"I don't think any student could provide a better report than me, and even the guards, Asako-sensei and Shosuro-sensei arrived only after the first wave hit. I was present and able to identify the creature, but additional research at the imperial libraries would sure help, as the subject is niche to say the least. For that reason, if necessary and if I got access to a restricted part of the Kuni collection, I could provide a later and more well-informed report — although it is also my belief that this would be beyond my duty and better left to the own family." He takes his bottle of water in hand.
"The entrance to the own forge could be blocked in the hours of the Boar, Rat and Ox, although this would isolate the guards provided by the Governor inside. I think the warding, the addition of personnel and the night watches are great ideas."

Return to “Monkey”