What Has Come Before

Kaiu Aiichiro

Re: What Has Come Before

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:15 am

Aiichiro noticed that he was not helping at all and got distracted by the conversation.
So he started to clean the mats alongside Yotsuo for real this time, taking care, which led to Yotsuo finishing three at the pace he finished one. After they were clean, he followed Kuni Yotsuo.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:45 am

"Hello, Kaiu-san. What can I help you with today?"
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:01 pm

"Hiruma-sensei." He kneels and touches the ground, getting back up. "Based on last night events, what do you think of the dojo safety?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:04 pm

"With the hole sealed, I have confidence it is safe for the remainder of your stay. Though any longer will be hard to guess. What lies below will need to be dealt with. The Governor needs to make that call, however"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:16 pm

"There is a hole in the stone used to seal the hole. Aside from that, we already had many problems, like that ghost who tried to eat Mai-san. I think whatever safety we have is lacking."

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:35 pm

"I would caution who you say such things to, Kaiu-san. Others are not as forgiving as I about such open speak"

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:04 pm

Yotsuo nods. "Indeed. We should always be ready to offer our expertise and service, but not in a way that suggests someone else's failure. People appreciate solutions but we can't let them sound like accusations. I believe Kaiu-san has the idea for putting together a warning system?"
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Honor: Expected ѻ Glory: 3.0 ѻ Status: 3.0 ѻ Topaz Points: 0
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:11 pm

"Oh, let's hear it!"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:17 pm

He smiled some, then returned to his serious expression. "I would first need to know if there are any preexisting safety protocols here. I could mount a bell-and-rope system of two cadences, but if there is no meaning attached to the sound, it is simply noise. All problems so far happened during night, so colored flares aren't going to be as useful. It needs to be one based on sound."

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:19 pm

"Kaiu-san..."

The sensei waves a hand around vaguely.

"We are inside a walled dojo inside a walled city a day away from Otosan Uchi...Wat makes you think there are any sort of things we have at the Wall here?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:28 pm

"It does not need to be one tenth as sophisticated. One signal to run, one to fight and one signal to hide is enough. I believed something of the kind already existed. Apparently I was wrong."
He sighs.
"What is this dojo normally used for?"

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:32 pm

"It is vacant most of the time except for around...a dozen Seppun guards. It is more meant to be a contingency location should the city need to arm the roughly four hundred ashigaru. Normally the guards don't even live here as they all have their own houses in the city. The Governor here is..different than we are used to."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:39 pm

"I see. Probably one citywide system just to indicate another Zokujin invasion would be better than a local based one in an unused area of the city. I doubt the stone placed in front of the tunnel will hold more than a century. I don't think it would be beyond my capacity, but it happens to be beyond my position as a student, to create something for the entire town."

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:46 pm

"And, it would also be incredibly insulting to the Governor and the Imperials. You cannot tell those who govern that they cannot protect those under their care. It is as considered as rude as a samurai wearing their armor inside a court room."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:50 pm

So it was rude to enter a court room with armor? Oh.
"I believe then it could be used around the dependencies of the dojo? But since the dojo is property of the Governor too, wouldn't it cause the same problem?"

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:54 pm

"Indeed, and thus you now can see the delicacy of the situation"

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:59 pm

The Kuni listens. He had some understanding of how to not cause insult. He had been tutored on that before being sent here. The Kuni did not have the best reputation in that regard after all, so care was taken to polish off some of the rough edges Kuni training usually leaves behind. But the complicated nature of wanting to help defend a place that isn't your home was... a lot to deal with.

"I suppose doing something in the immediate to defend yourself and others is one thing. Reactionary and immediate in a way that those not present can truly fault you for even if their responsibility encompasses an incident. But telling them how to plan for it is like telling them how to govern, suggesting they are incapable of doing so themselves."
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Honor: Expected ѻ Glory: 3.0 ѻ Status: 3.0 ѻ Topaz Points: 0
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:04 pm

The Hiruma nods at Yotsuo.

"Exactly, Kuni-san"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:10 pm

"Perhaps the system could be a a gift to Agasha-sama."

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:15 am

"Agasha-sama is only borrowing this dojo as it was not in use and appropriate for this experiment. The Governor is who is still in control of it all, under the Emperor's orders"

Return to “Monkey”