Duty to a Yojimbo (closed)

Otomo Nobuko

Duty to a Yojimbo (closed)

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:58 am

During the dawn hour, Nobuko used the cleaning schedule to find an excuse to join Kenji so she could speak with him privately without it looking like a big deal. She did not want to give the impression that she was giving him a dressing down of any sort.

She had her gloves on and a half-filled bucket of water with some rags hanging off the side when she found him and said brightly, "Kenji-san! Please, come help me with the scrubbing. There's a stain on the wood in the corner that just refuses to bend to my whims."

Unlike him, who had followed after her in the fight without questioning the order.
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Kakita Kenji

Re: Duty to a Yojimbo (closed)

Post by Kakita Kenji » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:53 pm

Kenji looked tired, there wasn't much sleep to have last night. But weh the imperial called for him he was wide awake. "Of course Otomo-sama, I'm on my way" He bowed deeply infront of her.
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:19 pm

She opened her mouth, then shut it and gave a half-bow back, "Thank you so much. Please, this way."

Nobuko led him off toward a very empty corner of the dojo which didn't have any stain on the wood. But she pretended it did as she knelt down and got the bucket on the floor, rag in hand to wipe lazily at the floor.

"Are you well this morning?"
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:24 pm

"I'm fine, thanks for asking, how are you?" Kenji asked as he also knelt down to support Nouko when he saw that there really was no stain. If he was already on his knees, he might as well do it. Kenji laid his forehead on the floor and said, "Forgive me Otomo-sama, I have failed in my duty to you. Because of my failure, you have been hurt. There is no excuse for that."
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:34 pm

That was exactly what she wanted to avoid.

"Please, Kenji-san, we are cleaning the floor," she said softly, fluttering the rag at him. "Sit up."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:37 pm

He sat up again and avoided looking at her.

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:43 pm

She set the rag into the bucket and folded her hands into her lap, then took a deep breath.

"Kenji-... Kakita Kenji-san. For unquestioningly following the orders I gave you, even though I am not your lord, and following my... ill-thought out plan. You have comported yourself with great honor. If not for your swift flight to protect me, I most certainly would not have survived the battle."

This time it was Nobuko who bowed deeply. Her forehead did not hit the floor, but she did bow fully at the waist, "Thank you, Kakita-san. I owe you my life."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:52 pm

"I,....." Kenji was speechless for a bit.

"The Crane and the Imperial Family are closely connected, it was my duty to help you, otherwise I would have betrayed the teachings of my dojo and the order of the Wheel. I swear, next time I'll protect you better."

Kenji bowed at the same height as her.

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:03 pm

She rose and waited, then reached out and brushed her fingers just barely against his cheek to indicate he should rise in lieu of a fan she did not have on her. Fortunately for them both, her habit of wearing gloves meant there was no improper touch of skin against skin.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:05 pm

Kenji once rose again. Looking a bit more determined than before.

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:17 pm

"If there is any Fortune smiling upon us, there will be no call for that to happen again," Nobuko answered his previous affirmation of a 'next time'. "But should we find ourselves in a position to be harmed, I think I could not be more blessed than to have you act as my protector."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:19 pm

"Thank you very much Otomo-sama for your kind words. I guess none of use expected to be tested in a real fight so early, i also hope that the remaining days will be more,.... peaceful" Kenji replied.

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:33 pm

"As do I. I will be writing a letter today, to my father, expressing my concerns about Seppun-dono's failure to respond to the threats we so obviously face."

She smiled softly, "My words about your role will be full of praise. I do not know if anything will come of it, but you will not be spoken poorly of in my father's house."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:43 pm

"And I'm deeply thankful for that" Kenji said with a quick bow.

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:47 pm

"Please stop, Kenji-san," she murmured, not really upset. "I asked you to help me so that we might speak without drawing so much attention to ourselves. All the bowing and others might think we are practicing our etiquette and not doing the cleaning we are supposed to be."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:57 pm

"I,.... It's kind of a reflex. I do not wish to make you uncomfterable" Kenji said

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:19 pm

"You can do no such thing." She shook her head. "Your presence brings me peace. I will sleep better knowing you are in the same room as we rest tonight and the remaining nights we have here."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:01 pm

"I'm glad to hear that" Kenji smiled. "Even though i hadn't slept much this night, your words gave me a pleasant morning, Otomo-sama"

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:18 pm

"I am glad."

She picked up a rag and swiped at the floor, "Thank you for speaking with me. I will not take more of your time. But if you have need of anything, and it is in my power to do so, please know I will do what I can."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:28 pm

"I'll remeber that, but for now,..." Kenji stood up and grabbed a Mop. "It's time to clean the dojo"

/scene?

Return to “Tiger”