Light sparring before a light breakfast

Kaito Haruki

Light sparring before a light breakfast

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:04 am

Haruki thought long and hard about the battle last night. It's amazing how many attacks he was able to avoid in a row, but skirmishes aren't the only form of combat. So he looks around for a Kakita; their school is famed for being masters of iaijutsu. But first, he finds the training weapons in the training ground and takes a look at them, inspecting their quality.
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Kakita Kazuko

Re: Light sparring before a light breakfast

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:16 am

Kazuko, looking to warm up before beating Kokyou's smug ass, looks for a dueling partner as well. She yawns and stretches as she approaches Haruki when she notices him looking at the training weapons, having got up extra early to make sure she had a light breakfast before sparring.

"Are you looking for a sparring partner, Haruki-san?"
Crane Clan | Bushi | Profile | Way Better than Kotomi
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.4 | TP: 252 (ty oleanderpoison!)
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:19 am

"Indeed I am, but I think I would like to practice my iaijutsu first if that is okay with you? I think I've proven I can handle myself on a battlefield, now to see how well I can do as a bushi in a court setting. Could I ask you for a friendly duel?"
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:24 am

Aiichirō rolled from his bed. He looked around as normal. There were no people around him. Well, he was a long sleeper, so it didn't mean much. He locked his hair inside a hair tie as usual and left to the remaining of the barracks.
No one was here too.
Damn, he woke up late.
Dressing himself, he ran to the outer courtyard and sees nothing. Where is everyone? Which hour is it?
He ran lost around a little more, until he found Haruki and Kazuko. Someone... And most importantly, someone who could inform him of what happened! Aiichirō approached them. "Haruki-san, Kazuko-san?"
He bowed to each individually. Not the shallow you-are-vassal-family bow, but the normal bow.
Last edited by Kaiu Aiichiro on Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:30 am

Perfect. She gets to practice her dueling before she faces Kokyou.

"Of course! I'd be happy to duel you!"

She grabs a bokken and assumes her stance, breathing deeply and before analyzing Haruki.

---

D8 Hare Iajutsu (Assessment)/Awareness, TN17 (Raise): 5d10o10k3 45 Exceptional Success! (+2 free raises)
I wish to know Haruki's
-Void
-Reflexes
-Iajutsu Skill
-Iajutsu Emphases
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:31 am

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:24 am
Aiichirō rolled from his bed. He looked around as normal. There were no people around him. Well, he was a long sleeper, so it didn't mean much. He locked his hair inside a hair tie as usual and left to the remaining of the barracks.
No one was here too.
Damn, he woke up late.
Dressing himself, he ran to the outer courtyard and sees nothing. Where is everyone? Which hour is it?
He ran lost around a little more, until he found Haruki and Kazuko. Someone... And most importantly, someone who could inform him of what happened! Aiichirō approached them. "Haruki-san, Kazuko-san?"
He bowed to each individually. Not the shallow you-are-vassal-family bow, but the normal bow.
Kazuko is already too focused on the duel to notice Aiichiro, her exceptionally clear mind is focused on beating Haruki.

---

(still surprised i fuckin exploded 3 times on that like DAMN)

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:34 am

He grabs one in response, and takes position in the opposite side of the theoretical ring, and takes a second to observe her.

D2 Hare: Iajutsu (Assessment)/Awareness, TN 15: 3d10o10k2 27

Haruki learns 2 things about Kazuko in return: Her reflexes and Iajutsu skill

Haruki stats: Void 3, Reflexes 3, Iajutsu 1, Emphasis None

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:34 am

Kaito Haruki wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:34 am
He grabs one in response, and takes position in the opposite side of the theoretical ring, and takes a second to observe her.

(Reflexes 2, Iajutsu 2)

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:38 am

Kaito Haruki wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:34 am

Kazuko is certain that she can win and enters the second stage of the duel, preparing to strike.

---

D8 Hare Contested Iajutsu (Focus)/Void (+2k2 for beating by 10 and Center stance): 7d10ro1o10k5+3 49 (agreed on reroll to add bonuses from center stance)
Last edited by Kakita Kazuko on Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:41 am

Next step is upon him, better catch up to her. This is not the time for a landslide loss!

D8 Hare: Iaijutsu (Focus)/Void, Center Stance +1k1 +3: 5d10o10k4+3 35

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:58 am

Kazuko strikes first, her feint allowing her to bypass his guard. She hits quite hard, but not too hard luckily. Or unuckily.

D8 Hare Iajutsu/Reflexes, TN22 (Raise): 5d10o10k3+3 34 (Used Center stance bonus here)
D8 Hare Damage (+Feint): 1d10o10k1+6 11 (1 CR + 1 FR) ((actually 10 damage cause feint caps at +5 for me)
Last edited by Kakita Kazuko on Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:04 pm

Yep, that stung a bit. At least it was friends who did it and not a murderous beast.

(Haruki is still healthy, sadly)

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:20 pm

He stood back and watched. The Kakita sure was fierce. And seemed to be doing well for all that happened yesterday. That girl was strong.
"Aww, I was rooting for Haruki-san."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:24 pm

"It is fine, I knew this would likely happen. Kakita bushi specialize in this after all. Sorry for not acknowledging you earlier, the duel was about to start and it's improper to think of other things while in the middle of one. I assume you came for training?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:33 pm

"Oh, for a lot of things. I'm happy to see you sparring, for all."
He stops by a little and holds his hand to his chest.
"Oh Hida's lost son. Which hour is it? Has the bushi training already passed? They are going to kill me if I missed it. Figuratively."

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:36 pm

"No, it's the hour of the hare. We just thought it would be wise to get some practice in before the actual training began. I'm kinda trying to shore up some weaknesses of mine. If you'd like, I was looking forward to practicing the spear and could use a partner."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:03 pm

"Thank the Fortunes. You could get injuried and that could get in the way of your training, though." Mostly his own concern. "But sure." He looked around and found a barrel with a lot of wooden polearms. Aiichirō looked back at Haruki.
"Care if I go naginata?"

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:06 pm

"Sure, but I'll go ahead and start with a yari. Best not to use the bigger weapons until you figure out your stance with them right?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:10 pm

"I have familiarity with it. We held one in the backdoor of my house in case of emergencies." He draws a blunted yari and a wooden naginata.

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:15 pm

"Makes sense, so how do you want to do this? Do we both come each other and strike, do you to take turns, or do we want to do another formal thing but with different weapons?"

Return to “Hare”