Second Line of Defense

Otomo Nobuko

Re: Second Line of Defense

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:17 pm

Moto Ichiro wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:07 pm
"Of course I was in harms way defending you. That is my job as a bushi. You're job is to stay safe when battle is happening." he responded firmly but then after a moment he sighed "But thank you Nobuko-san." he said and his lip quirked briefly up into a smile.
Her shoulders slumped at his words. He was right of course. The proof was in how poorly she had fared once past the odd pit that had appeared out of no where... perhaps it was something like the odd fire that had burst over the monsters. The kami reacting as asked by the shugenja to react to threats to the students.

At his thanks, her head lifted slightly and she offered a brief smile that quickly left her face. Despite Asako-Sensei's words, it was Ichiro-san's that mattered more. She knew they shouldn't. But her heart did not seem to.

"Shall I... is there something I can do to help now?" she asked, uncertain.
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:42 pm

Togashi Dao wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:53 am

"Like improved security, Asako-sama? This is the second incursion in a week, I hope Agasha-sama is taking this very seriously." Dao questioned the sensei.
"She has brought the matter to the Governor. I do not think it is Agasha-sama we should be blaming, Togashi-san, but rather Seppun-sama...After all, what were two guards supposed to do when an entire underground complex was found? His incompetence is disconcerting. "
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:47 pm

Vutall wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:42 pm
Togashi Dao wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:53 am

"Like improved security, Asako-sama? This is the second incursion in a week, I hope Agasha-sama is taking this very seriously." Dao questioned the sensei.
"She has brought the matter to the Governor. I do not think it is Agasha-sama we should be blaming, Togashi-san, but rather Seppun-sama...After all, what were two guards supposed to do when an entire underground complex was found? His incompetence is disconcerting. "
That caught her attention and she looked up at the two, inserting herself into the conversation, "It is very disconcerting. Has anyone written his lord? Such failure can easily be construed as an insult to the Ruby Champion herself, as well as every clan's students he has promised to protect and come short on."

A pause and then she added, "Even if no one else has written his superior, I will write my father. He serves in the Otomo Daimyo's court. This affront will be known."
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:49 pm

The Asako looks at the Otomo, a mixture of concern and...fear? on her face before her On returns.

"Surely, if you feel there is a need, but you must know that all of us who are your sensei are doing everything we can to keep you protected and safe, while still being able to do our duty to train you.."

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:56 pm

Having noticed that there is nothing else he can do to help outside, Haruki comes in to check on the wounded. He overhears the conversation, stops for a second and then clears his throat to get their attention. "I understand what you are saying Otomo-sama, this town is the only thing standing between this underground city and Otosan Uchi, but perhaps it would be swifter to simply remind the governor of this fact when we report the attack?"
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:13 pm

Kaito Haruki wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:56 pm
Having noticed that there is nothing else he can do to help outside, Haruki comes in to check on the wounded. He overhears the conversation, stops for a second and then clears his throat to get their attention. "I understand what you are saying Otomo-sama, this town is the only thing standing between this underground city and Otosan Uchi, but perhaps it would be swifter to simply remind the governor of this fact when we report the attack?"
"Reporting the attack before did nothing. I think we must look to ensure that action will be taken."
Vutall wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:49 pm
The Asako looks at the Otomo, a mixture of concern and...fear? on her face before her On returns.

"Surely, if you feel there is a need, but you must know that all of us who are your sensei are doing everything we can to keep you protected and safe, while still being able to do our duty to train you.."
"Your service is not in question, Asako-sensei," she replied feeling more confident in herself. Even if she didn't actually have the clout she was imply she might have, she knew how to leverage the impression of being able to. Which was more than enough in many cases. The beauracratic battlefeild was one she was much more familiar with. She had been raised in it. "Of course you and the others are doing only what you are able to with the support Seppun-dono is giving. The fact that he gives so little and forces everyone here to go so far above and beyond themselves speaks well of those Agasha-dono picked to see to our lessons and training."

There was a fairly thin line, of course, but treading it could occur.

"I'm certain when I detail the events that have befallen us thus far, and your roles within them, all will agree that you have met your given orders."

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:42 pm

Otomo Nobuko wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:13 pm
"I'm certain when I detail the events that have befallen us thus far, and your roles within them, all will agree that you have met your given orders."
"Yeah," Dao interjected. " You all came to our aid. I'm not looking to assign blame, I just don't want it to happen again to another batch of students. Especially given how successful this undertaking has seemed to be, at least from a student's perspective."
Dragon Clan • Monk • Battlemaster •
Honor: Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 1.7 • Infamy: 1,0
Gear: Student Clothing, Go set.

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:46 pm

Ichiro raised an eyebrow at Nobuko's display of fire. He had spent so long seeing her do things that she was learning or had little experience with it was nice to see her in her element. He was impressed and nodded to her statements.
Unicorn Clan • Moto • Large • Confident * bushi
Honor: As Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 3.2
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Animal hide cloak

Zurui lizard pet TP: 254
speaking: Ujik, Mekhem, Senpet

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:19 pm

Sakura struggled to keep up as everyone kept loudly talking over each other at speed. She tried to follow, but all she could really work out is they wanted to ruin her tanto for some testing that apparently was pointless. She backed away slightly, feeling concerned.
Crane Clan*Artisan*Singer*Weaponsmith*Gemsmith*Gem-obsessed*Tougher than she looks*Daredevil*Tiny*Innocent*Great Potential*Profile
Status: 0.5 | Glory: 1.4 | Honour: As expected | Dojo Points: 52
Equipment: Jade Tanto, Better quality clothes, Sweets, Biwa, Umbrella

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:22 pm

Dao hadn't seen Sakura's work, but he'd heard of it.

"You'll be glad to know the forge itself seems undamaged Doji-sama." He informed the Crane with a small bow.
Dragon Clan • Monk • Battlemaster •
Honor: Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 1.7 • Infamy: 1,0
Gear: Student Clothing, Go set.

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:22 pm

"I guess we all need to start carrying a finger of jade, just in case this was only the scouting party?"
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224

Utaku Ichiro

Post by Utaku Ichiro » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:57 pm

"Would they even have that much jade in the city? It's not like we're in Crab lands or a mining town."
Unicorn • Bushi • Experienced • Enlightened • Ascetic • Heroic Muse
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 5.2 • Infamy: 0.5 • Topaz Points: 229

Gear in Tsuma: Poorly sized purple and ivory utilitarian travelling clothes, charred gold scarf, daisho, jade
Outside Tusma: Unicorn riding horse, riding armor, scimitar, daisho, ono, han-kyu and arrows, jade
Description

Before the thunder can roar the lightning must strike

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:07 am

"I don't know if we can get Jade enough for everyone later, but... if Kaiu-san said it might help Moto-san and Otomo-san to hand them some jade now, I believe that should be a priority, ma?", he says, still worried, looking at Sakura, then at the others.

He walks towards the Asako. "Asako-sensei... Do we have Jade anywhere else that we can touch to their wounds? As Doji-san is unsure about using her newly crafted Tanto... And I believe it 'might' be useful for something else as it is..." - he seems unsure, and particularly worried about his colleagues, but he seems to want to respect Sakura's worries, even if it is more or less clear in his tone that he disagrees with her priorities.
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:29 am

"Not on hand, we usually make requests for rarer supplies from Otosan Uchi, which is then delivered the next day."

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:00 am

"At least here's the jade powder remaining from Sakura-San's project. This should help for now." Tosses a bag full of green dust over.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:58 am

"Oh, thank the fortunes for that!", he says, seeing Haruki pass the Jade powder over. "Let us get to using that, then. Now... How should we do this?", He says, partly to the Asako-sensei, partly looking at the Jade powder and the Moto and Otomo.
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:44 am

"Jade? Doji-san's tanto...?" Nobuko looks between everyone, very confused. "Why would you need to cut us with her tanto? That is a work of art! A-and we have been healed by the blessings of the kami Asako-Sensei called, why would we need to be injured further?"

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:47 pm

"Otomo-sama", the Unicorn says, bowing a bit rushed. "I... Believe it would be just a matter of touching your wounds with the Jade, even if they have healed some... not cutting them open again! I apologise for the misunderstanding. And... Isawa-san has brought some Jade powder, so I think Doji-san's Tanto won't be necessary after all" - he points to the Jade powder Haruki handed over.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:00 pm

"I-..." she turned her attention to Prashant, "For what purpose must I touch the jade?"

Nobuko did not draw away, she just didn't know why it was so important that she touch jade - any jade.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:30 pm

"The jade may... Purify your wounds if that is necessary, Otomo-sama", the Unicorn says as he gets some of the Jade powder and prepares to get it ready to place on her wounds. "Kaiu-san and Mai-san know more about such things, and they insisted it would be good to help you and Moto-san".

He turns to the Moto as well while saying this.

"May I, Otomo-sama? Or ... would you rather place it on your wounds yourself?"

He doesn't really know much about how things related to the Taint work... but just in case, he says a quick, quiet prayer to the Earth kami and Jurojin, asking that his colleagues may be kept safe and pure.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Return to “Dog”