Second Line of Defense

Kaiu Aiichiro

Re: Second Line of Defense

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:00 am

He stops on his tracks. "The jade tanto? It would ruin it slightly, but would do much better than powder. Jade blackens and melts should it come in contact with the taint, as it absorbs it. Anyway, it is too late now. If they got tainted, nothing we can do. Now I need to find Hida-sensei."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:14 am

The Iuchi doesn't seem entirely sure about the whole significance of the word, but seems pretty worried when the Kaiu mentions the word "Taint".

"Kaiu-san... Are you sure it's too late? Maybe we should touch the wounds with the blade nonetheless..." He looks worriedly towards the Moto and the Otomo, then to Sakura.

OOC
EDIT - my mobile's autocorrect thought Nobuko was a Promo, go figure lol
Last edited by Iuchi Prashant on Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:16 am

He looks back. "I'm not sure." He admits. The words leaving his mouth snared first at his throat, hurting a little — he had a fame of being smart. "Try it. Everything related to the Shadowlands is strange. Maybe it works."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:20 am

Dao enters on the heels of the sensei. His cuts seem superficial, but she ordered all wounded to come with her, so he did.

He looked over the more injured students sadly at their wounds, and speaks to Ichiro.

"We got em, we got em all."
Dragon Clan • Monk • Battlemaster •
Honor: Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 1.7 • Infamy: 1,0
Gear: Student Clothing, Go set.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:24 am

Himeya wasted no time looking over Ichiro, Nobuko, and Dao, asking the water kami for aid.

D7 Dog, PtiP, Water+IR4+Spellcrafting 5: 3#9d10o10k4 33 30 51

Uchiro heals 23, Dao 20, Nobuko 41
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:36 am

Nobuko, who had been passed out from the pain and blood loss, awoke slowly after the water kami saw fit to restore her so completely. Her brow scrunched and she groaned softly, pushing herself up and shaking her head. She was clearly disorientated as she blinked and looked around.

"Asako-sensei?" she asked, confused, as the teacher was closest in view. "What- what happened? The monsters..."
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:41 am

Ichiro righted himself "Thank you Asako Sensei." He turned to Nobuko "How did you get injured? I told you to stay behind the trench."
Unicorn Clan • Moto • Large • Confident * bushi
Honor: As Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 3.2
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Animal hide cloak

Zurui lizard pet TP: 254
speaking: Ujik, Mekhem, Senpet

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:08 am

"Ah-!" her mouth parted for a moment before her face scrunched in angry concern. "You fell in battle defending me! I could not let you stay there and risk death! I gathered the guards and then I tried to make it to your side!"

She looked down and away, "...I did not... make it... however."
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Utaku Ichiro

Post by Utaku Ichiro » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:19 am

Ichiro smiles as his clanmate stirs and stifles a laugh at his admonishment of the Imperial.

"You did well, Moto-san, you slew two in one span of strikes. Even Moto-sensei would have been impressed, I'm sure."
Unicorn • Bushi • Experienced • Enlightened • Ascetic • Heroic Muse
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 5.2 • Infamy: 0.5 • Topaz Points: 229

Gear in Tsuma: Poorly sized purple and ivory utilitarian travelling clothes, charred gold scarf, daisho, jade
Outside Tusma: Unicorn riding horse, riding armor, scimitar, daisho, ono, han-kyu and arrows, jade
Description

Before the thunder can roar the lightning must strike

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:24 am

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:16 am
He looks back. "I'm not sure." He admits. The words leaving his mouth snared first at his throat, hurting a little — he had a fame of being smart. "Try it. Everything related to the Shadowlands is strange. Maybe it works."
"Hai Kaiu-san.", he says, then looks at Sakura. "Doji-san, let's try that then. It might save our colleagues from... 'taint'" he says, feeling oddly unsure about the word. "Come, let's take the Tanto to Asako-sensei! Or maybe you can touch it to them yourself."

He then looks at the wounded getting back to health. "Moto-san, Otomo-sama! It's a relief to see you awake." He nods to the others as well. "Utaku-san, Togashi-san. I'm glad to see all of you well!", he says, still in a slightly rushed tone .
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:27 am

"You both need to rest. Things are being handled now. You both did well. Otomo-san, if not for you, we would not have even known something was amiss. Only when we saw the guards not at their post and heard the sounds of battle did we realize..."
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:37 am

Nobuko folded her hands in her lap and bowed her head to the teacher, "I did only what was right, Sensei. I am glad it was of help."

Just not enough for her to see Ichiro to safety herself. She had been stupid to rush past the line of defense. But how could she not try, with him having been so gravely injured on her behalf?

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:53 am

Vutall wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:27 am
"You both need to rest. Things are being handled now."
"Like improved security, Asako-sama? This is the second incursion in a week, I hope Agasha-sama is taking this very seriously." Dao questioned the sensei.
Dragon Clan • Monk • Battlemaster •
Honor: Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 1.7 • Infamy: 1,0
Gear: Student Clothing, Go set.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:02 am

He returns to inside the barracks after a short time. "Do anyone have jade?"
Aiichiro sees that Nobuko is the center of attentions now, and get somewhat... bitter. He didn't care about being the center of all attentions, so it was not envy. Maybe because she was given attention. Maybe because she did a stupid thing for no reason and risked Kenji's life in the process.

Utaku Ichiro

Post by Utaku Ichiro » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:23 am

Ichiro stifles a sigh as the Kaiu continues to run back and forth like a chicken with his head cut off.

If it hadn't been for the stories of the Moto he would think the Crab feckless and useless at this point. If a bunch of children, not even past their gempukku, could hold off a surprise attack what purpose a Wall? But Moto-sensei said the dangers were real and hubris a failing so he kept his mouth shut for now.
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 5.2 • Infamy: 0.5 • Topaz Points: 229

Gear in Tsuma: Poorly sized purple and ivory utilitarian travelling clothes, charred gold scarf, daisho, jade
Outside Tusma: Unicorn riding horse, riding armor, scimitar, daisho, ono, han-kyu and arrows, jade
Description

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:45 am

Saburo watched things proceed, but as soon as it was clear the fighting was well and truly done, he grunted to himself. There was more than enough going on at this point, and he didn't need to impede it. "If anyone requires my assistance, I'll be watching at the entry. I am at your disposal. Thankfully there has been no loss of life."

Goblins didn't count.
Phoenix Clan * Shugenja * Void * Sickly * Hypochondriac
Topaz Points: 212
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:52 am

He looked to Ichiro and luckly interpreted it as an answer for jade. As Asako left the room and he knew how many and who was outside, he counted who was on the barracks. Everyone, but the scorpion and Ginkarasu.
All Scorpions missing is never good news... Then he remembered in shock that Ginkarasu always sold mochi this hour. He brought his left hand to his chest in reflex.

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:07 pm

Otomo Nobuko wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:08 am
"Ah-!" her mouth parted for a moment before her face scrunched in angry concern. "You fell in battle defending me! I could not let you stay there and risk death! I gathered the guards and then I tried to make it to your side!"

She looked down and away, "...I did not... make it... however."
"Of course I was in harms way defending you. That is my job as a bushi. You're job is to stay safe when battle is happening." he responded firmly but then after a moment he sighed "But thank you Nobuko-san." he said and his lip quirked briefly up into a smile.
Utaku Ichiro wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:19 am
Ichiro smiles as his clanmate stirs and stifles a laugh at his admonishment of the Imperial.

"You did well, Moto-san, you slew two in one span of strikes. Even Moto-sensei would have been impressed, I'm sure."
He nodded to his clan mate "I could have mowed through them if I hadn't been so headstrong, I thought some would run past me but no such luck."
Last edited by Moto Ichiro on Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unicorn Clan • Moto • Large • Confident * bushi
Honor: As Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 3.2
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Animal hide cloak

Zurui lizard pet TP: 254
speaking: Ujik, Mekhem, Senpet

Utaku Ichiro

Post by Utaku Ichiro » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:08 pm

Ichiro nods, there was no disputing that and no cause for false comforts, "You survived, we triumphed, and you learned the lesson. That is what matters."

Description

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:12 pm

He took the Ichiros' own words to soften his anger towards the girl. Most important stuff to be done now. Aiichirō grabbed a bag of jade powder and left the barracks.

Return to “Dog”