Progress on Meditation

Kaiu Aiichiro

Progress on Meditation

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:59 pm

His meditation was sucessful yesterday, and it was the first time it ever happened properly although everything that happened. His at the hour of the Dragon was too correct, and he really seemed his soul to be more balanced after it. He got curious and searched for Kitsuki-sensei to learn more about it. He knew the key to use this strange tengu cloak had to do with balancing elements on one's own soul...
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Kakita Kenji

Re: Progress on Meditation

Post by Kakita Kenji » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:27 pm

Kenji also wanted to learn how to see inside himself better, which is why he also searched for Kitsuki-Sensei. When he saw Aiichiro, he bowed briefly. "Also in search of enlightenment?" Kenji asked.
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:31 pm

"The last two times I tried it, I didn't feel enlightened at all. However, I did feel more calm and balanced, and this is a nice thing to have at heart." He bows back. "Also looking for wood materials."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:59 pm

Yotsuo had progressed quite far in his Meditation training, but he still wanted to go farther. It was a necessity to him. He was making significant headway towards mastery of the practice and the Kitsuki-sensei was likely to be able to provide a bit more insight. She seemed the most capable among the many sensei. When looking for her he ran into Aiichiro and Kenji having a conversation on the topic and bowed to them. "Good afternoon. I hope the day is going well for you."
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Honor: Expected ѻ Glory: 3.0 ѻ Status: 3.0 ѻ Topaz Points: 0
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:06 pm

So the Kuni was back. Aiichiro nodded to him. "It is not, but thanks for the consideration. Anyway, I forgot that I had to seek you, but now that I remembered that again, do you know anything about Zokujin getting tainted? Probably makes more sense with the context. Were you here for the battle last night, or were you visiting the temples on the town?"

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:29 pm

"No. I heard that there was an attack, but it started after I went to the temple and was finished before I got back. I heard that the students involved acquitted themselves very well. I wish I could have been there to help," he says, with a tone of concern. "I am not overly familiar with the goblins that were described, but most creatures can be corrupted by evil. It's a sad thing that they've been touched that way."
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:54 pm

Kitsuki-sensei, having been requested by almost every student, enters the room and bows.

"Hello again. I was told you all had more questions about what I taught yesterday?"
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:58 pm

"They were not goblins, but Zokujin. I don't blame people for messing it up, the most reliable source of light at the time was the full moon, but later Hida-sensei told me to identify what they were and I could see it. A priest who arrived later to consacrate the field said that they can't be tainted. Although I doubt so. But I never heard of tainted Ningyo or Kenku either."

Kitsuki-sensei approaches. He bows.

"Me and Kenji-kun would like to practice meditation."

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:01 am

"Very well. Let's begin then."

The Kitsuki begins another round of guided meditation

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:02 am

"I see," he responds to Aiichiro, but then the sensei showed up so he put that conversation on hold. Bowing to the Kitsuki, he confirms he's also interested. "It is something I need to continue exploring as well. It will be an important part of my duty so learning as much as I can is necessary. I would appreciate further instruction."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:44 am

Kenji had already gotten used to being surrounded by crabs most of the time and when he saw Yotsuo he quickly bowed and greeted him.
After the arrival of Kitsuki-Sensei he concentrated on her, because he really tried to get a better understanding of meditation techniques.
If his mind would be quiet, he would suffer less seizures, which was a great advantage for him.
"I heard that you are in great demand at the moment, Kitsuki-sensei, I hope we can give you some rest with this little request," Kenji said politely and bowed to her.
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:59 am

He sits like Yotsuo teached him to, waiting for the orders to close his eyes and control his breath, waiting for the others to do the same. "You are welcome to study with us then, Yotsuo-san. Come and sit." Aiichiro said in a calm voice. This posture was already conditioning him to a calmer mind.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:22 am

The sensei bows and takes her seat.

"Everyone, mimic my pose."

She crosses her legs and places her hands on her knees, her hands naturally curved instead of completely flat, palms up and fingers together.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:24 am

Kenji does as she says.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:27 am

Aiichiro repeats the pose.

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:40 am

Yotsuo also does as instructed, intimately familiar with the pose.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:52 am

"Now, image yourself floating on a calm lake. Your body weightless and cool. The only sound you hear is the water covering your ears."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:54 am

This strayed way, way better from the thought of his loved one than laying at your house when you were very tired.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:56 am

Kenji is a bit stressed out from the coming event, he tries his best, but his nervousnes shows.

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:59 am

The guidance was appreciated as it allowed him to focus more on other aspects of the meditative act. It was like walking down a tunnel with someone else carrying a torch. He could observe the tunnel and understand it better than if he had to carry the torch and watch his footing. He placed his mind in the situation, but observed the tethers between the image in his mind and the real world, watching them separated and let him float freely.

Return to “Horse”