Kemari practice

Kaito Haruki

Kemari practice

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:39 am

Haruki heard rumors of a tournament coming up, and now that he is nearing the top of the ranks, it's about time he learns a thing or two about the subject of the contest. What was it again, games? That could mean anything, especially things he hasn't heard about yet. Better ask around about who to ask around.
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Vutall

Re: Kemari practice

Post by Vutall » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:24 am

One of the Lion sensei, a friendly faced Ikoma sees Haruki.

"Hello, Isawa-san. Are you looking for someone?"
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:33 am

"Yes sensei, I was looking for someone to help explain the rules of the games tournament I've heard rumors about. I don't know if it something we'll be graded on, but I don't want to take the risk by not participating at all. Also I need to know the rules of whatever they decide to host before I go right?"
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:15 am

"I know that as instruction goes, there are no tournaments planned. On your last day here, I will be instructing everyone in different games however, and I have heard that some students are looking to organize something between you all."

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:49 am

"Then in that case, I recall seeing courtiers in Kyuden Isawa kicking around a ball in exorbitant garments. Is that part of our lessons on the last day?"

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:55 am

"Yes, but only for those who have a courtiers training. Bushi will be studying a war game."

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:12 am

"Shiba guardians are frequently expected to protect their charges wherever they go, and part of that means being able to play the same games as they do from time to time. "

(Ooc, Shiba Guardians are dual-tagged bushi and courtier, is this one of those times I would get to choose.)

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:58 am

"You have a good point, For that training day, like many others, we understand that some schools focus on multiple disciplines and allow our students to pick which they think they need to know more about."

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:09 am

"Thank you sensei, but this still doesn't change the fact that I haven't learned about said game myself. Can I at least learn the basic rules now so I can understand it enough to not embarrass myself in front of others?"

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:45 pm

"Oh, you don't know the rules for Kemari? Well then, that is a simple fix."

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:08 pm

"However, those fancy clothes might not be. Is there a way to simulate the purpose of those clothes that is more cost efficient?"

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:28 pm

"Just wear your kimono, it is what you would have on in the court. The hat is a bit more difficult, I cannot think of anything other than getting your own."

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:40 pm

"Would a bucket of water suffice? The concept of the hat is that it is unruly and difficult to keep on your head while moving around right?"

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:20 am

Having been invited, Sasaiko finds her way to the practice area.

Seeing a sensei giving instruction, she does not advance, but sits seiza and waits, watchfully.

If nothing else, she knows how to be a student.
Toritaka Noriko
Falcon * Phantom Hunter (Shug)
S 2.0 * G 2.1 * H As Expected

On-site: robes, sandals, and scroll satchel and scrolls, Seppun blade, Miya-made map of Tsuma; might have money
Off: the above + loaded traveling pack

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:58 am

"If you wish, that would work, though it is a bit extreme. The goal of Kemari is to simply maintain poise and grace while keeping a ball in the air with your feet."

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:14 am

"Then I guess what we'll need", pointing towards Toritaka-San, "is just a couple of empty buckets and a ball?"

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:19 am

"That would wok. If you two would like me to watch, I'd be happy to. The game is simple enough, simply keep the ball in the air using only your feet while remaining dignified and proper as a courtier would"

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:21 am

Finding herself addressed, she bows to the sensei and finds a couple of buckets. Approaching, she hands one to Haruki and tries to balance one on her head.

Not such an easy thing, this, she thinks.
Toritaka Noriko
Falcon * Phantom Hunter (Shug)
S 2.0 * G 2.1 * H As Expected

On-site: robes, sandals, and scroll satchel and scrolls, Seppun blade, Miya-made map of Tsuma; might have money
Off: the above + loaded traveling pack

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:23 am

"Thank you sensei, but I wouldn't want to waste your time if you have more pressing matters." He moves to pick up a ball and to clean a space for the game.

Return to “Dog”