Seeking Battle

Kuni Yotsuo

Seeking Battle

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:02 pm

Yotsuo finished his bath and meal quickly, hoping to be able to call upon the Akodo instructor. It was the young man's hope to be able to learn of battle from the seasoned gunso. He went looking for the man after finishing his tasks for the hour.
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Honor: Expected ѻ Glory: 3.0 ѻ Status: 3.0 ѻ Topaz Points: 0
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Kaito Haruki

Re: Seeking Battle

Post by Kaito Haruki » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:55 pm

Haruki was on a mission today, he needed to learn how to handle a battlefield somehow. Hopefully he can find the sensei that specializes in just that.
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:37 pm

Aiichiro was pretty down. He did poorly on both bushi tests, and Akodo-sensei said that he would be looking over him. Perhaps it was time to offer his apologies.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:25 am

The old Akodo greets the students curtly.

"What lesson is it you wish to learn today?"
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:51 am

"I wish to learn about the basics of battle. It is how a great many shiryo found their way to Yomi, so it is an area that I wish to be able to discuss with them should I visit there again. It would be a shame to not be able to learn from them for a lack of basic understanding." He bows respectfully with the explanation.
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:04 am

"I too wish to learn the basics of battle, but I do so because I know I will soon be on the frontlines and should not embarrass my comrades."
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:07 am

He asked what they wanted to learn, and now he was with two other students he wouldn't make a fool out of himself.
"I seek not to learn the basics, sensei, but the details that differentiate theory from practice." He bows.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:29 am

"Hm. And what do you all know of the subject? Explain to me what you think the role of a battlefield leader is."

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:37 am

"A leader on the battlefield needs to be able to coordinate his troops into effective units, ensuring that their forces are used to their best ability given the current situation. They are the inspiration through which even the most fearsome of foe can be faced, they set the objectives their troops need to meet, and if the leader fails, more men will die than is necessary. "

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:40 am

Eiko nods and looks to the next student

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:15 am

"A leader on the battlefield should not only uphold the order of their superiors if there are, but do the best they are able to do with them. They should be able not only to copy the tactics of the past but to mix or subvert them to create new ones in a clever way. They are also responsible for moving their lessers to better serve their commands, and teach them their strategies so they can recognize which part they plan on it, being able to be coordinated."

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:16 am

"They're like the mind of the army they lead. They take in all the information about the battle, interpret it, and then have the army act as they would command their body. They keep everything organized and working together."

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:17 am

All students having answer, the Akodo nods.

"How many of you have studied Leadership?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:24 am

"I have read it and books analyzing it many times."

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:30 am

"I haven't at all. But I've heard stories of battles from family and my master. That's as far as my knowledge goes really."

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:23 am

"I have read it, but usually when I do, it is to study the conduct of a samurai. When I had to teach my kohai, I would frequently need to direct their manners. Many of the students at my old dojo were little children who the clan haven't figured out if they were destined to be bushi or courtiers."

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:26 am

"Then that is where we shall begin today, with a reading of the book, and I will ask questions about what Akodo-no-Kami meant, and how it applies."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:45 am

He nodded. Out of the many things he had seen... None considered what Akodo meant. They evalued if the principles were as valid or they could be used, but to second-guess a kami?

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:52 am

Haruki pulls out his copy of the work; he knew this was going to be how a Lion clan sensei would teach. Always start with all the wisdom your kami has, then expand upon it.

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:57 am

"Of course," Yotsuo replied with a nod.

Return to “Rooster”