They Said to Bathe

Yogo Otoko

They Said to Bathe

Post by Yogo Otoko » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:16 am

The barracks had a few tubs for basic washing, but Otoko wished for a more relaxing time, thus making her way to the bathhouse on the castle grounds. It was all a part of the same facility, so she saw no reason not to.

Undressing from her training uniform and removing her mask, Otoko washed her tall, lanky form slowly, like most all things she did. She took special time with her long, straight, black hair, always making certain it was clean and lacked tangles. Finally, satisfied she had gotten the day's sweat and grime off, she slipped into the bath with the softest of sighs.
Scorpion Clan + Shugenja + Cursed + Distant + Unicorn Trained + Haunted

Kokyou

Re: They Said to Bathe

Post by Kokyou » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:54 am

"Lovely..."

Kokyou's voice can be heard. He was watching the young Scorpion get into the pool with his good eye. The other one was just closed for training purposes.
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Yogo Otoko

Post by Yogo Otoko » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:19 am

Otoko didn't seem bothered at all, at least in any sort of outward reaction. In fact, she merely gave a slow seated bow, her long black hair pooling around her on the water. "...I am told that it is impolite to stare you know."

Her statement did not seem very personal, more like a footnote.

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:44 am

"When ye see a beautiful garden ye close yer eyes in respect fer th' gardener? Do ye look away from a har-worked paintin' t' please th' painter?"

Kokyou scoffs. "Pardon me. Whomever told ye that knows a goblin shite about wha' one be supposed to look at."
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

Yogo Otoko

Post by Yogo Otoko » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:58 am

Otoko gave her slim shoulders a shrug as she relaxed back as well. "... Perhaps. All the same, one does not marry a painting, or converse with a garden. Maybe the hydrangeas would flush when stared at if they could speak."

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:11 pm

"If th' Fortunes made somethin' lovely, I reckon they would be offended if it ain't appreciated." Kokyou mentions. "Also, I've heard that th'... well... th' Kuge. Many of them mighty well damn marry paintin's indeed. They only get t' see thar betrothal years aft, in most cases."

Kokyou just has a brilliant new idea, and asks, "Do ye know any good painter?"

Yogo Otoko

Post by Yogo Otoko » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:58 am

"...I am not well versed in the arts sadly, so no, I do not. I am certain that one of the Crane present would be much better able to help with that." She had decided to drop the former train of conversation.

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:11 am

"Wha' are ye versed at. I mean, besides lookin' good?" He asks. No shame.

Yogo Otoko

Post by Yogo Otoko » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:06 am

"...That would set a low bar as to my qualifications. I am a shugenja. I am aiming to have well versed knowledge in spirits, as well as human medicine." It was a bit strange that she needed a qualifier for that.

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:42 am

“I see. So ye’re trainin' t' be some sort o' mystical healin' nurse.“ He nods again. “Human medicine. Wha' part o' the body ye like more?”

Yogo Otoko

Post by Yogo Otoko » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:53 am

She raised an eyebrow at that, but remained leaned back with her eyes closed. "...Medicine, not anatomy. I am interested in the plants and oils that can be used to heal and treat."

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:13 pm

"I like the eyes. Wha' be someone has a problem wit' the eye, then. Wouldna ye study a specific plant or oil t' treat 'em?" He says, keeping the same topic.

Yogo Otoko

Post by Yogo Otoko » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:35 am

"All things depend on situations. Some things that happen to the eyes might be helped with an oil, but some things could not. I suppose you could say I'd have to study to find out." She paused. "...The heart. If I had to choose."

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:13 am

"The heart. That's an interestin' choice. Many suffer various sorts o' different pains 'cause o' it. Good t' 'ave someone that can treat it that I know." He mentions, thinking of all the stories he has been told about sailors in the sea and their lovers in land. And how some died out of heart attacks when they discovered they would not sail off again to take care of the family.

Kokyou snickers.

Yogo Otoko

Post by Yogo Otoko » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:01 pm

"I did not say I knew how to treat it, in any sense of the word. That, perhaps, is why I find it so fascinating. The unknown can have a strong allure, especially those things we willingly avoid."

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:48 am

“I don’t get it. We be trainin' t' become true samurai. We fear naught. Why shall we avoid anythin'?” He shrugs.

Yogo Otoko

Post by Yogo Otoko » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:09 am

Otoko shrugged softly. "Because tradition says so. My lord expects certain things of me, as everyone back into history since we were formed, I suppose. No eating red meat, refuse twice for a gift, don't touch the bodies of the dead... and so on."

She paused, smirking just a touch. "...I suppose looking at a living person's heart without touching it would be permissible, but few tend to stay alive long enough for such observation."

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:05 am

That does make Kokyou cock his head back in surprise. He was thinking about the heart as in the imaginable thing. Not the beating organ itself.

After a few blinks, he piggybacks in the first topic. "Yar! The taboos. But all those 'ave a reason. They be nah avoided out o' fear. But as respect, 'n tradition."

Yogo Otoko

Post by Yogo Otoko » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:52 am

"I believe you were the first one to bring up fear.... Mantis-san, not me. I merely brought up the only things I avoid, which are for the reasons you stated. Fear is for those who cannot face pain and ill fate." She had guessed on the clan. Something told her she was right though.
Last edited by Yogo Otoko on Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:56 am

"I confess like the way ye reckon. Takin' certain parts out." He snickers.

Return to “Rooster”