(Day 3, EA) Mandatory Event: Horseback Riding

Moto Ichiro

Re: (Day 3, EA) Mandatory Event: Horseback Riding

Post by Moto Ichiro » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:18 am

Otomo Nobuko wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:48 pm
She led them off just as a shout went out on the field about one of the competitors, but was not paying enough attention to notice that the shouting was that of concern for someone who had fallen rather than excitement from the crowd (Sorry Mirumoto-san, distracted by boyfriend).

Within short order it was clear she was leading them to the stables and, importantly, the part of the stables where personal mounts were kept. Once there, she stopped in front of a stall where a Unicorn riding steed stood looking out expectantly. Nobuko laid her hand on it's nose and pet it kindly, "Before the winter, your family offered several horses from their stock to my family as a betrothal gift to - according to my father - quicken the signing. I was allowed to pick one for myself. This is Seifuu. And since you have certainly performed well enough to pass to the final tournaments, there is no doubt that my father's hand will finally sign the contract within hours of his arrival to see me take my adult name... if he has not done so already and is just waiting to announce it. He was most impressed with the horses."
Ichiro smiled reaching out to pet the large horse a prime example of Unicorn breeding "You have chosen a lovely name for her, she will serve you well when you join us." they were more secluded than before maybe a stable hand or two checking horses and everyone was watching the matches Ichiro moved in to embrace her "I cannot wait for the day when I will call you my wife Nobuko." he said softly before releasing her not wanting to maintain what he knew she and others would find improper.
Unicorn Clan • Moto • Large • Confident * bushi
Honor: As Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 3.2
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Animal hide cloak

Zurui lizard pet TP: 254
speaking: Ujik, Mekhem, Senpet

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:53 am

Kitsuki Asahi wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:33 am
"Cheer for the horse." he chuckled. "I will just be there for the ride."
Mirai shook her head softly. "Not at all! If I can give Kitsuki-sama any advice for horseback riding, it is that you and the horse are in it together. Treat them like a fellow traveler and not a servant, and things should go much smoother."
Ronin | Bushi | Duelist | Versatile | Odd
Carries: Daishi, Ashigaru Armor, Travelling Pack

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:08 pm

Moto Ichiro wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:18 am
Ichiro smiled reaching out to pet the large horse a prime example of Unicorn breeding "You have chosen a lovely name for her, she will serve you well when you join us." they were more secluded than before maybe a stable hand or two checking horses and everyone was watching the matches Ichiro moved in to embrace her "I cannot wait for the day when I will call you my wife Nobuko." he said softly before releasing her not wanting to maintain what he knew she and others would find improper.
She shut her eyes and leaned into him for the brief moment they could share in relative privacy, but did indeed step away with a soft blush on her cheeks as soon as his arms slackened to release her.

"Seifuu has been serving me well already," she laughed, soft and light, "It is astride Seifuu that I have been practicing since returning to Tsuma."

Nobuko spoke quitely as she fought to regain control of her emotions before addressing the rest. The marriage. Him. Being his wife.

"I have dreamed of a perfect wedding and perfect spouse for so long... and none of my dreams have come close to you," she stepped to where her form would be hidden by his much larger one should anyone glance their way. When satsified, she reached up and brushed his cheek with her hand and let her fingers trail down his beard, "You must let me braid this after we are wedded and can openly show our affections in the ways of your Clan. I am..."

She blushed and stepped back again, suddenly feeling very shy at the admission, "It is one of the things I am looking forward to being allowed to do without it speaking too ill of me."
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:47 pm

Otomo Nobuko wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:08 pm
She shut her eyes and leaned into him for the brief moment they could share in relative privacy, but did indeed step away with a soft blush on her cheeks as soon as his arms slackened to release her.

"Seifuu has been serving me well already," she laughed, soft and light, "It is astride Seifuu that I have been practicing since returning to Tsuma."

Nobuko spoke quitely as she fought to regain control of her emotions before addressing the rest. The marriage. Him. Being his wife.

"I have dreamed of a perfect wedding and perfect spouse for so long... and none of my dreams have come close to you," she stepped to where her form would be hidden by his much larger one should anyone glance their way. When satsified, she reached up and brushed his cheek with her hand and let her fingers trail down his beard, "You must let me braid this after we are wedded and can openly show our affections in the ways of your Clan. I am..."

She blushed and stepped back again, suddenly feeling very shy at the admission, "It is one of the things I am looking forward to being allowed to do without it speaking too ill of me."
He could hardly control himself he stepped forward and leaned down quickly brushing his lips agaiunst hers. It was not everything he wanted it was not the passionate embrace he longed for it was quick, discreet, and his large form still shielded them from scrutiny "I had never thought of my wife, but even if I had I could have never dreamed of someone like you. You are strong, capable, intelligent, and a better samurai than I can ever hope to be. You will do great things Nobuko of this I have no doubt."

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:30 pm

Moto Ichiro wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:47 pm
He could hardly control himself he stepped forward and leaned down quickly brushing his lips agaiunst hers. It was not everything he wanted it was not the passionate embrace he longed for it was quick, discreet, and his large form still shielded them from scrutiny "I had never thought of my wife, but even if I had I could have never dreamed of someone like you. You are strong, capable, intelligent, and a better samurai than I can ever hope to be. You will do great things Nobuko of this I have no doubt."
She couldn't think for a few seconds after his lips left hers. Such inappropriate actions stunned her as they should any proper samurai, but she was certain that the proper response was not to sway on her feet and wish it could continue. The compliment caught her off guard. She had no expectation of doing anything 'great'. To hear him think that of her... It was, again, not what had ever been expected of her.

"The only great thing I hope to achieve is to be a good wife. If I do anything else in that pursuit, then the fates will have blessed me more than they already have in bringing you into my life."
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:50 pm

Otomo Nobuko wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:30 pm
She couldn't think for a few seconds after his lips left hers. Such inappropriate actions stunned her as they should any proper samurai, but she was certain that the proper response was not to sway on her feet and wish it could continue. The compliment caught her off guard. She had no expectation of doing anything 'great'. To hear him think that of her... It was, again, not what had ever been expected of her.

"The only great thing I hope to achieve is to be a good wife. If I do anything else in that pursuit, then the fates will have blessed me more than they already have in bringing you into my life."
"I know." He said without explaining exactly what from her statement he was agreeing with "forgive me my indiscretion, my boldness in action but you stir things in me Nobuko-chan, you make it hard to think sometimes but I want nothing but the best for you, I promise you that. I will do better to control myself, at least until our wedding night." He said with a mischievous grin and a distinct rumble in his voice.

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:53 pm

Moto Ichiro wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:50 pm
"I know." He said without explaining exactly what from her statement he was agreeing with "forgive me my indiscretion, my boldness in action but you stir things in me Nobuko-chan, you make it hard to think sometimes but I want nothing but the best for you, I promise you that. I will do better to control myself, at least until our wedding night." He said with a mischievous grin and a distinct rumble in his voice.
"That will be some time to come," she murmured, teasingly, "So until then, we should ensure we are in true seclusion should you find yourself unable to stop from pulling me so roughly into your arms."

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:11 pm

he nodded "indeed. I would not want distasteful rumors after all." he honestly didn't care about rumors but he knew she did and so it made him at least conscious of it.

Return to “Horseback Riding Matches”