Light sparring before a light breakfast

Kakita Kazuko

Re: Light sparring before a light breakfast

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:28 pm

Kaito Haruki wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:20 pm
While in the middle of the conversation, he sweeps the leg, making a forceful contact.

D8 Hare: Jujitsu/Agility, 2 raises, Knockdown, TN 26: 6d10o10k3 29
D8 Hare: Damage, 3 ranks in Jiujutsu: 3d10o10k1 8
Contested Strength roll, knockdown maneuver D8 Hare: 2d10o10k2 8

Roll strength keep strength, exploding to contest the TN 8 knockdown.
Kazuko sticks out her hands to absorb some of the impact, not even having time to try to windmill her arms before she falls down. At least the floor wasn't covered in water like yesterday...

"Ouch... Haruki-san..."

D8 Hare Contested Strength Knockdown: 1d10o10k1 3
Crane Clan | Bushi | Profile | Way Better than Kotomi
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.4 | TP: 252 (ty oleanderpoison!)
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:46 pm

Aiichiro almost immediately after gave her a slight hit to her arm, fast as wind. "Talking in battle is generally a bad idea. You alright?" He crouches to see her. Apparently his blow was stronger than he intended.
D8, Light sparring before a light breakfast - Ken/Agi TN 5 - Three Raises for increased damage: 4d10o10k2 17 (mislabelled - TN is 15)
D8, Light sparring before a light breakfast - Ken/Agi TN 5 - Three Raises for increased damage: 6d10o10l1 2 - Dice picked: 3 (mislabelled - it was a damage roll)
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:31 pm

Haruki extends a hand to Kazuko, offering to help her get up. "Sorry about that, just had to give a not so friendly reminder that skirmishes are a lot more random too. "
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:19 am

Kokyou arrives once again shirtless to spar with his class mates. He crosses his arm, nodding to everyone else. His swallowed black eye standing out for all to see focuses on the Kakita maiden.
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:24 am

He found the sight of the pirate funny. But he won with ease against him, so he deserved the minimum of public respect. Aiichiro bowed upon seeing Kokyou.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:50 am

Kazuko accepts the help and rubs her arm. She doesn't look upset that you knocked her over although it does sting a bit.

"Ah, it's ok, it's just training, right? I should've been more prepared for that. Ah, hello Kokyou-san. Are you ready to lose?"

Not one to slip up, she too bows to Kokyou, although she's unable to hide her amusement at seeing him arrive shirtless. Must he show off how pale he is to everyone?
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:24 am

Koyou bows back to Aiichiro and provides another to Kazuko. Then he smirks at her saying, "Sorry t' disappoint ye, adorable. Me preparedness be lackin' in diligence t' please ye."

Taking the bokken in hands, he swings, puts it back into his obi, and waits for Kazuko to assume her stance.
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:01 pm

Kokyou wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:24 am
Koyou bows back to Aiichiro and provides another to Kazuko. Then he smirks at her saying, "Sorry t' disappoint ye, adorable. Me preparedness be lackin' in diligence t' please ye."

Taking the bokken in hands, he swings, puts it back into his obi, and waits for Kazuko to assume her stance.
She rolls her eyes and matches your smirk as she takes a center stance.

"Your lack of diligence and a shirt is your own problem, 'adorable.' I won't go easy, but I'll try to not leave any marks."

D8 Hare Iajutsu (Assessment)/Awareness, TN18: 5d10o10k3 17 Fail.

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:19 pm

"The problem be me lack o' a good sight wit' me left eye." He mentions as he can't really read her. Squinting his black eye was actually painful.

--
Stance: Center
D8, Hare, Initiative vs. Kazuko: 4d10o10k3 13
Round 1:
D8, Hare, Iaijutsu / Awareness TN 18 (10+ Kazuko's IR*5) Asking Void, +3TN Nicked: 4d10o10k3 11 Failure.

Since no one got +10, let's jump to Focus. Round 2:
D8, Hare, Focus/Void +1k1+3 (Stance): 5d10o10k4+3 20

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:58 pm

Kokyou wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:19 pm
"The problem be me lack o' a good sight wit' me left eye." He mentions as he can't really read her. Squinting his black eye was actually painful.

--
Stance: Center
D8, Hare, Initiative vs. Kazuko: 4d10o10k3 13
Round 1:
D8, Hare, Iaijutsu / Awareness TN 18 (10+ Kazuko's IR*5) Asking Void, +3TN Nicked: 4d10o10k3 11 Failure.

Since no one got +10, let's jump to Focus. Round 2:
D8, Hare, Focus/Void +1k1+3 (Stance): 5d10o10k4+3 20
Kazuko strikes first, showing no mercy as her feint successfully tricks Kokyou. She does feel a bit guilty attacking him when he has a black eye though, which raises the question of how he even got a black eye in the first place. She's pretty sure he was fine yesterday... Hopefully he didn't get into a brawl with anyone...

"Are you okay, Kokyou-san? You should get your eye looked at..."

---

Round 2:
D8 Hare Contested Iajutsu (Focus)/Void: 6d10ro1o10k4+3 27 beat by 7, get first strike.
Round 3:
D8 Hare Iajutsu/Reflexes, TN24 (2 Raises): 5d10o10k3+3 33 (should say tn 27 since im nicked but still passed)
D8 Hare Damage (+Feint): 1d10o10k1+5 9 should be 7 damage since the tn is 27 for feint

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:26 pm

"Nay, 'tis fine." He scratches his behind after being hit due her feint with a smack on his buns. Kokyou bows to Kazuko, "Ye deserve me respect now. Managed t' defeat the Hero o' Hirosaka Dojo wit' such a strategic strike."

He chuckles, saying, "I believe I found another one o' me areas o' improvement: Crane maidens."

--
So, his blacked eye shouldn't have really counted (previous wounds weren't enough for a TN increase: my mistake). Kazuko wins fare and square.
Wounds: 14

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:37 pm

Kokyou wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:26 pm
"Nay, 'tis fine." He scratches his behind after being hit due her feint with a smack on his buns. Kokyou bows to Kazuko, "Ye deserve me respect now. Managed t' defeat the Hero o' Hirosaka Dojo wit' such a strategic strike."

He chuckles, saying, "I believe I found another one o' me areas o' improvement: Crane maidens."

--
So, his blacked eye shouldn't have really counted (previous wounds weren't enough for a TN increase: my mistake). Kazuko wins fare and square.
Wounds: 14
Well Kokyou handled that surprisingly gracefully... Maybe he isn't that bad after all. She bows back, still feeling a bit guilty.

"Do you want me to put some healing salve on? That black eye looks painful..."

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:44 pm

"Mighty. 'tis ok, adorable. Thar's no pain bigger than the bitter taste o' a lesson learned aft a defeat. No remedy fer that, if nah, growin' better 'n stronger." He inhales a huge sum of air. Feeling victorious after losing.

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:04 pm

(moving this from the other Hare thread that shouldn't exist unless Kokyou is awesome enough to break the space/time continuum. But also running to work, so just watching the sparring.)

There were so many changes this morning, Nesrin walks the scar across the training ground, and looks at all the obviously disturbed patches of earth that no longer look like copious amounts of blood had been spilled there. The marks of fire from the pyre are apparent elsewhere and the smell of smoke still lingers in the air. What had happened last night? And had she really been too engrossed to hear it?

Spotting the practicing group, she stops to watch with interest replacing concern. She was usually too busy with her own practice to really watch the other students during the main combat trainings.
Unicorn Clan * Bushi * Battle Maiden * Honest and Fair * Hard to pronounce name
Honor: A Soul Above Question * Status: 1 * Glory: 3

Description

"Every day is a journey, and the journey itself home" -Bashō
Speaking Tegensai

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:43 pm

"Ohayo Utaku-San, a good morning for some training isn't it?" Haruki motions for her to join the group and gives a bow when she is close enough.
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:30 am

"Ahoy, pretty lass!" Koyou opens a smile and bows to Nesrin as she reappears. "Been a while ,eh! How has trainin' goin' fer ye?"

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:43 am

Kaito Haruki wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:43 pm
"Ohayo Utaku-San, a good morning for some training isn't it?" Haruki motions for her to join the group and gives a bow when she is close enough.
With a bow to match each greeting, Nesrin approaches and greets the group. "Morning Kaito-san. It is! Though I have to wonder what training that's for." She points to the scar across the training grounds that began life as a trench the night before.
Kokyou wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:30 am
"Ahoy, pretty lass!" Koyou opens a smile and bows to Nesrin as she reappears. "Been a while ,eh! How has trainin' goin' fer ye?"
"Been going pretty good, Kokyou-san...if a little odd. Still wrapping my head around that meditation training, still working on my archery form and speed." She looks at the bokken, and from him to Kazuko. "How's your training going?"

Description

Speaking Tegensai

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:47 am

"I'm not sure how much you've heard, but turns out there was a city at the other end of that hole in the forge. Those scars are the result of them giving is an . . . unpleasant greeting."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:52 am

He nodded his hair at the Unicorn. "Ah, Utaku-san! I received an origami in the shape of a frog. Did you... Oh, what, an entire city?"

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:04 am

"A city? And a surprise?" She looks at all the marks around the yard. "What? Like bandits underground attacking? I didn't even hear it." She does file away the origami frog for later in hopes of seeing what sounds like a cute little thing.

Description

Speaking Tegensai

Return to “Hare”