Black Feathers, Silver Raven

Kaiu Aiichiro

Re: Black Feathers, Silver Raven

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:16 am

"Also if there were anyone to go watch over it, they would best know how to scream. Which we do. I don't see many problems."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:50 am

"Oh. Okay!" He cracks his knuckles. "Let's go!"
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:11 am

Kenji followed the two crabs to the forge. With every passing minute his curiosity increased.
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:17 am

The forge was empty. He put the box over a table and removed the other things that were over it. Then something caught his attention from the corner of his eyes, and he turned his eyes towards the fire pit.
"Who let the fire burning and left the place?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:25 am

"Don't look at me like that Aiichiro-kun, I wasn't here this morning," Kenji protested. "But Sakura-san's really too serious about the forge, she wouldn't leave it on for sure.
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:28 am

"It is such a waste of coal." He complains, getting up. "One day, I tried to finish a project due tomorrow overnight. I got tired and slept. My sensei found me at morning. I thought I would get punished, but she just retained me there until Kaiu-sama arrived." He closes his eyes as he tied up the forge protection equipment around himself.
"As Kaiu-sama said, it takes two bags of coal to maintain a forge for one afternoon. Each bag is one zeni. With two zeni, you could buy two bottles. Two bottles are a ration of water if given to a Hiruma. One zeni is a piece of flint. If someone beyond that wall, she said, had to go without water, or without fire, it would be my fault."
Aiichiro took a bag of sand. The Kaiu used a shovel to throw it inside the forge. "I'm sorry. I probably overreacted to it. Something that made me careful with money. But that's why I ask for your pardon for disrupting our activity." Then he got away from the fire, used a nearby cloth to clean his face and hands, and took off the protection equipment.
"Back to drawing."

(OOC: Antecipated roll as it impacts future actions Day 9 Monkey Black Feathers, Silver Raven - Woodworking/Intelligence TN 22: 5d10o10k4 44 - holy hell those drafts are the prettiest stuff ever)

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:25 am

Ginkarasu goes over to poke at the embers of the forge fire.

"Fire's pretty in a forge. Didn't know that. So bright!"
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:49 am

He looks at Ginkarasu. Doing things with friends was always a distraction.
"You get tired of how it looks. But the warmth is nice on winter."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:27 pm

"Fire is nice, but i never stood near a forge for too long. My duties never drawed me to one" Kenji said

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:28 am

"My family is known for being support staff. It includes swordsmithing."
He looked to the paper he had at hand. He picked the piece of sharp-edged coal, but instead of going directly to write he thought a little and dropped it. Picking the roll, he drew from it a small amount, cutting with the small knife to get a piece of line, then cutting it one more time to get two. He used the first to unite both chopsticks together like they do when teaching children to eat, and the second to unite the opposite end of one of them with the piece of coal.
The trinket looked like a compass, and functionally was more or less one when the Kaiu used it to draft a round circle on paper. Was not a perfect one, but pretty close.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:35 pm

Kenji watched with great interest. It wasn't the first time he saw someone making something, but it was the first time he saw Aiichiro making something.

He was definitely skilled.

"Oh, what's this?" Kenji asked, not realizing that this was just the beginning of the crafting process and Aiichiro was just making a compass.
Last edited by Kakita Kenji on Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:57 pm

"Something that works as a compass. You use compasses to draw circles." He says, drawing a few for example and cleaning them with a piece of cloth. "It's important for technical drawing. My sensei told me that this was the difference between the Kaiu and the Kakita. What we do is mathematical precision, what they do is artistic intuition."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:52 pm

Kenji unfortunately did not understand much about math. The normal education of a samurai didn't put much emphasis on it, but he recognized the value of this " compass", even if he himself didn't know what to do with it.

"Do the Kaiu work a lot with this thing?" Kenji asked, "In your hands it looks pretty easy"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:54 pm

"Yes. But it is not only making a circle that matters. The paper needs to have a proportion because those drawings are never the size of what you are trying to do. Then you must do everything measured right and convert to the right dimensions at the end." He says, using the ruler to measure the diameter of the circle up and down.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:02 pm

"I don't envy you Aiichiro-Kun, that sounds very complicated," Kenji said, already spinning his head when he thought of all the numbers. "It's impressive, though."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:07 pm

He only drew a circle so far, so he looked a little strange to Kenji. Forgot his friend was dense. Then he continued the technical drawing until he drew a line.
He measured it and measured the semi-circle it stood over.
He frowned and used a wet cloth to erase that line.
He drew another line at the same place and measured it again, this time measuring both ends.
He frowned and erased the line again.
He then used the ruler to mark points and drew lines over those points, which left him apparently satisfied, as he moved from erasing and drawing the same line at the same spot.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:02 am

He watched the scene with both fascination and confusion. Kenji couldn't quite follow why Aiichiro kept drawing and erasing the circles, but he seemed far too concentrated to disturb him at his work.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:19 am

Technical drawing finished. It seemed like various tridimensional different forms and even a tridimensional bunny. Somewhat astonishing to look at.
"Now it is time to convert it into wood. Any idea on how it is done?" He asks the Kakita.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:28 am

He shook his head. "If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I'd almost say it was magic." he answered, truly Aiichiro was doing something far beyond Kenjis understanding. He could Add and Subtract, but this?

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:34 am

"You just repeat and convert the measurements. By the size of the blocks I think I'm making it six, and the draft was four."
He measured the bigger block of wood on both sides and marked the center, drawing a circle around it.
"This is going to become a cilinder. So it is easy."

Return to “Monkey”