No More Than Deserved

Yogo Otoko

Re: No More Than Deserved

Post by Yogo Otoko » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:24 pm

"While they sound nice, I do not believe the Sparrow have a shugenja tradition, hai?" Otoko raised an eyebrow slightly, eating a bit of rice.
Scorpion Clan + Shugenja + Cursed + Distant + Unicorn Trained + Haunted

Mai

Post by Mai » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:07 pm

Mai shakes her head. "No. They usually get sent to the Crane for training. My great-grandfather was one. I know." Her head falls done. "They told me everything."
Mantis Clan Shugenja *Water * Thunder * Prodigy * Lucky

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Items: Scrolls, Jade

Yogo Otoko

Post by Yogo Otoko » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:12 am

Otoko nodded softly. "...It is good to know the truth, and the ties one's ancestors have. I am uncertain if I have any Sparrow ancestry, the Yogo do not usually trace their family line in detail."

A pause. "...Though I do have an ancestor who torments me with guilt and shame." Otoko didn't seem to show either at the mention, and in fact treated it rather matter of factly.

Mai

Post by Mai » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:31 am

"Oh." Mai wasn't sure how to react to that, but it would explain why Otoko was so reserved. "Well, you handle it better than most people would." Mai was still confused about what a good response to such a detail was.

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Yogo Otoko

Post by Yogo Otoko » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:07 am

Otoko merely shrugged. "...It would be strange if most people were haunted by their ancestors, so I would hope most would not need to deal with such matters. It was my training in the Unicorn that angered her, so it has been an ongoing appeasement."

Mai

Post by Mai » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:32 am

"I see. Did you ask to train with the Unicorn?"

Yogo Otoko

Post by Yogo Otoko » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:53 am

Otoko frowned just a touch. "It is... complicated. Since I showed a strong connection with the earth kami, my family had few paths. I am uncertain what connection was used to have me train with the Iuchi, but it was a fine path."

She paused, slowly rubbing the rim of her tea cup. "...It turned out one of my ancestors died in battle to an Iuchi spell in some battle or other. Yogo family history is... spotty. It is fine though, really. Just one more thread of fate and duty to tie me up."

Mai

Post by Mai » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:15 am

Mai considered that. "Could you help your ancestor find a sort of peace with it?" Mai wasn't sure how that would be done. Would she need to save the life of a Scorpion? Kill an Unicorn?

Yogo Otoko

Post by Yogo Otoko » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:34 pm

She had never really considered the thought before. Indeed, Otoko was silent as she took a few bites before finally shaking her head. "...I have done some studying about spirits, and theology, but I've found no answers so far. She can be appeased, so for now, all I can do is remain dutiful."

Mai

Post by Mai » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:47 pm

"Well, it really isn't my area of expertise, but if I learn something, I will let you know." Leaving things alone was not the Mantis way. Though Mai would admit such things were a bit out of her depth. She then took a few bites of her breakfast.

Yogo Otoko

Post by Yogo Otoko » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:41 pm

"...I did not come here seeking answers, so I don't expect anything. You honor me with your thought however." Was that a very small, very brief smile? Surely not

Return to “Hare”