[Otosan Uchi, the scary Tsai District] Zankoku Hon'o

Pregame for New Winds Part 1
Kaiu Aiichiro

Re: [Otosan Uchi, the scary Tsai District] Zankoku Hon'o

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:00 pm

"I find this strange... Don't they want history to be learnt in your lands? On my clan, all I had to do was to ask."
He looks to the tower, squinting his eyes.
"It's as tall as the wall as I remember it. The wall is famous for its height, but it's not the height of the wall that is the main fator in protection. It is both because its extension covers the entire Crab clan frontier, and it being wide enough for the tunnels and the machines."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Kitsuki Shara

Post by Kitsuki Shara » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:55 pm

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:00 pm
"I find this strange... Don't they want history to be learnt in your lands? On my clan, all I had to do was to ask."
He looks to the tower, squinting his eyes.
"It's as tall as the wall as I remember it. The wall is famous for its height, but it's not the height of the wall that is the main fator in protection. It is both because its extension covers the entire Crab clan frontier, and it being wide enough for the tunnels and the machines."
"Oh I think we just have different sorts of history. Not as many invasions of Dragon lands, people don't like mountains."
She nods in appreciation of the tower and by extension, The Wall's height.

"It must be gigantic! Have you been on the wall? In the wall? One day I shall have to see it."
Dragon Clan - Sickly - Honest - Friendly Monk
Honor: Standard - Status: A child -Glory: A child Dojo Points: 0
Carries: A head cold
Wears: Student clothing, a notebook.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:41 pm

"I see. We use the Twilight Mountains for protection, too." They were even visible from Shiro Kaiu.
Shara was good company. She liked hearing, and Aiichiro liked talking. "My dojo is inside the Wall. Actually it is inside a castle that is inside the Wall."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Kitsuki Shara

Post by Kitsuki Shara » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:58 am

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:41 pm
"I see. We use the Twilight Mountains for protection, too." They were even visible from Shiro Kaiu.
Shara was good company. She liked hearing, and Aiichiro liked talking. "My dojo is inside the Wall. Actually it is inside a castle that is inside the Wall."
"So you get to be in a castle in the wall the entire time? That sounds like double being in the wall to me."
The Dragon dodges a cart as the two continue towards the looming tower ahead

"My dojo doesn't have any giant walls, but sometimes we meditate on the castle roof, or in the valley....in storerooms....hanging off walls, one time we all had to find trees with 68 leaves and then meditate on their growth."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:36 am

"Some Kaiu say that Shiro Kaiu is as tall as the wall, as wide as the wall and as long as the wall. But Shiro Kaiu might be the most reinforced Crab castle... Perhaps in the entire Empire, then. Maybe it loses to Kyuden Hida. But I have heard that the Kaiu built a Scorpion castle too, so I don't know."
The street was completely empty.
"From my home I can see the wall, so there were few times I did not feel... protected." He looks around. " Seeing the horizon from all angles is strange. Why do you count the number of leaves on trees?"

Kitsuki Shara

Post by Kitsuki Shara » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:39 am

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:36 am
"Some Kaiu say that Shiro Kaiu is as tall as the wall, as wide as the wall and as long as the wall. But Shiro Kaiu might be the most reinforced Crab castle... Perhaps in the entire Empire, then. Maybe it loses to Kyuden Hida. But I have heard that the Kaiu built a Scorpion castle too, so I don't know."
The street was completely empty.
"From my home I can see the wall, so there were few times I did not feel... protected." He looks around. " Seeing the horizon from all angles is strange. Why do you count the number of leaves on trees?"
"The number of leaves? Well, the Togashi have a saying 'Truth and peace never live under the same roof. When one moves in, the other leaves.' Some of us were trying to see if there was a hidden meaning to that phrase.....turns out there probably isn't, or at least, we aren't yet wise enough to see it."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:53 am

"Isn't it about leaving as an action?" It seemed so obvious... Dragons were really like that. As the two saw the houses becoming more sparse and the city's wall showing up, Aiichiro blinked a few times. "Ah, forgot about this. We will have to see if there is a gate on this area."

Kitsuki Shara

Post by Kitsuki Shara » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:24 pm

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:53 am
"Isn't it about leaving as an action?" It seemed so obvious... Dragons were really like that. As the two saw the houses becoming more sparse and the city's wall showing up, Aiichiro blinked a few times. "Ah, forgot about this. We will have to see if there is a gate on this area."
"Oh we don't take anything at face value, especially faces. You should never judge someone by their face."
Following Aiichiro's gaze to the wall
"There has to be a gate eventually, and we'd probably get in trouble if we tried to scale the walls."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:27 pm

"Interesting approach, serves well when someone is bluffing. I believe we can walk around the perimeter until we see a gate? I don't think it is good to ask anyone here anything. Everyone looks like a criminal." Aiichiro did not have the best image of Scorpions.

Kitsuki Shara

Post by Kitsuki Shara » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:13 am

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:27 pm
"Interesting approach, serves well when someone is bluffing. I believe we can walk around the perimeter until we see a gate? I don't think it is good to ask anyone here anything. Everyone looks like a criminal." Aiichiro did not have the best image of Scorpions.
"That seems like a sensible plan. But I think you are judging people by their faces Kaiu-san."
Heading along the perimeter
"That old lady probably isn't a criminal...unless she's a poisoner or something. And the kids in that garden are probably not violent criminals. That lady's kimono over there is criminal, but she might not be."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:28 am

"It is the best approach to avoid danger." He replies. "Avoiding weird people. I'm not going to trust anyone ronin or Scorpion. The old lady and the children are not weird. The other lady is. It is also the context that makes the judgement valid. I wouldn't be looking around my sides if we were inside a castle."

Kitsuki Shara

Post by Kitsuki Shara » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:03 am

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:28 am
"It is the best approach to avoid danger." He replies. "Avoiding weird people. I'm not going to trust anyone ronin or Scorpion. The old lady and the children are not weird. The other lady is. It is also the context that makes the judgement valid. I wouldn't be looking around my sides if we were inside a castle."
"Well, Scorpion do have a reputation, but I'm sure they can't all be evil. Some of them have to be good samurai."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:43 am

Aiichirō turned his head at you, pausing for a moment. "Perhaps?" He asked, with a curious tone. "Didn't think of this before."

Kitsuki Shara

Post by Kitsuki Shara » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:43 am

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:43 am
Aiichirō turned his head at you, pausing for a moment. "Perhaps?" He asked, with a curious tone. "Didn't think of this before."
She smiles slightly
"I mean, I'm sure some are evil. But they can't all be evil, since they're samurai, and not all samurai are evil. There's probably a good scorpion out there somewhere....maybe at the new Dojo? Maybe they picked their Scorpion to be good?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:10 am

"I think we were picked for some reason. Maybe for being easygoing with other people? I don't see why they would pick me and Ginkarasu-san otherwise instead of a Hida prodigy. So the Scorpions could be good."

Kitsuki Shara

Post by Kitsuki Shara » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:28 am

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:10 am
"I think we were picked for some reason. Maybe for being easygoing with other people? I don't see why they would pick me and Ginkarasu-san otherwise instead of a Hida prodigy. So the Scorpions could be good."
"Oooooh, excellent idea Kaiu-san! I'm definitely not a prodigy, although I'm not sure what a Dragon prodigy looks like. Maybe you know when you see it?"
Shooting him a friendly glance
"Or maybe we're prodigies and we don't know it, do you feel like a prodigy?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:02 pm

"I don't know the Dragon well enough to do this... If I feel like one?" He knew logically he was not one. His projects were average. He had to intensively study the same average hours before each test. The amount of critiques and praise were average. "Guess I can say I have some innate talent, for sure."

Kitsuki Shara

Post by Kitsuki Shara » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:33 am

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:02 pm
"I don't know the Dragon well enough to do this... If I feel like one?" He knew logically he was not one. His projects were average. He had to intensively study the same average hours before each test. The amount of critiques and praise were average. "Guess I can say I have some innate talent, for sure."
"I'm sure of it! Maybe you're a modesty prodigy? Or perhaps the Ruby Champion has some scheme to bring out our true potential. I wouldn't mind if she doesn't though, I like being who I am."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:08 am

He smiled a slight bit. "If she is to bring our true potential, I would be confused on how this would be done so far away from Crab lands, but must I say I am curious nonetheless."

Kitsuki Shara

Post by Kitsuki Shara » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:19 am

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:08 am
He smiled a slight bit. "If she is to bring our true potential, I would be confused on how this would be done so far away from Crab lands, but must I say I am curious nonetheless."
"Maybe she'll have you build something? Now that is an exciting thought, if you could build anything, what would it be?"
Shara weaves herserlf through a small crowd of merchants
"I'd build a comb I think, I could use two combs."

Return to “Pregame, Part 1”