[D4, EE] The Walking Out Together

Bayushi Jiro

Re: [D4, EE] The Walking Out Together

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:44 pm

"Iuchi-san undervalues himself. You have taught me more at this tournament than any sensei; I think that makes you supremely worthy of this small gesture."

Jiro was in his element. As a courtier, the rhythm of the game of refusals was in his pulse.
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro
Honor: Untrustworthy, Infamy: 1, Status: 2, Topaz Points: 254

Wearing: a lovely scarf, wakizashi, extravagant clothing This mask

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:50 am

"And Bayushi-san taught me just as much about how different views can stand side by side - and come out greater.", he says, smiling and bowing again. "I could not expect any gift beyond that noble one"
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:19 am

"But there is a part of that learning which is reflected in this act of giving, for in sharing this piece of myself, I am given the honor of supporting you and your flourishing even when we shall be separated by long distance."
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:22 am

The Shugenja smiles once again.

"Then I will cherish the time and the lessons we shared whenever I look at your remarkable artwork, Bayushi-san", he says, bowing and finally accepting the gift, then looking at more closely at its details.
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:51 am

Jiro beamed with pride, stepping closer to stand at Prashant's side as he examined the painting, where the broad, slow-moving river swept down from the hill country to embrace the little town---still featuring the now sadly defunct Poisoned Water Sakehouse. The focus of the painting was definitely the countryside, but one could make out the gentle, curving architecture of the estate toward the bottom right hand of the canvas.

"It will do my heart good to know that you have this, Iuchi-san," he said, his voice low with emotion.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:17 am

The Iuchi doesn't seem troubled at Jiro's closeness, and looks alternately at the picture and the landscape, a smile spreading through his face. "It's... funny really. The town and the land, like complementary opposites.", he says, looking at the landscape, then again at the painting. "This angle... it was no accident, ne?", he says, showing how the borders between the man-made and natural in the canvas draw a gentle curve with some exchanged, as if reminiscent of a Taikyokuzu, or Yin-Yang sign.

He looks at the Scorpion, smiling again. "I will remember Bayushi Jiro-san and our meetings here fondly whenever I admire it - and look forward to our next".

He looks at the horizon again. "Do you have pressing plans, Bayushi-san? The sun is starting to set..." His eyes follows some birds travelling north, and he starts saying, a bit absent-minded.

"the sun is covered
clouds - and for the shortest while
migratory birds"*

*"日にかかる雲やしばしの渡り鳥
hi ni kakaru / kumo ya shibashi no / wataridori" (From Matsuo Bashō)

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:46 am

"A Scorpion is never without plans, Iuchi-san, but I have nothing more pressing than this moment," Jiro replied earnestly, appreciating the extemporaneous recitation.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:21 am

Prash smiles fondly at Jiro as his answer, looking sideways at him for a moment and keeping close as they stand side by side, watching the sun slowly move towards the horizon.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:44 am

Moved by the proximity and by the magic of the deepening shadows, Jiro chose this moment to act on Nobuko's advice, subtly and wordlessly offering his hand for Prashant to take, if he wished. His training allowed him to offer it almost casually, but of course internally he was shaking like a leaf.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:45 am

Prash felt the offer, more than saw it. The Unicorn were hardly averse to touching, of course.

Perhaps that made it easier.

But he still felt an unfamiliar rush as he let his fingers touch Jiro's, then interlace with them.

So many things about Jiro were new. He felt he had so much to learn...

Marrying sincerity and honesty, wasn't it what they had said? In one's actions - and obviously, also in one's thoughts.

He knew that was a sincere, honest moment of shared appreciation. That much was certain to him as he cherished the view, the pleasant weather, the calming sounds of the surroundings, and Jiro's company.

He also knew right there, without a second thought, that he'd have to talk to someone about this.

He couldn't bear the idea of keeping something secret from her.

"The best mask is no mask at all." - the sentence just came to his head. He thought he had heard, or read it somewhere. Where was that again?

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Return to “Outskirts”