(Day 4, LM) Mandatory Event: Weaponry

Ikoma Eichiro

Re: (Day 4, LM) Mandatory Event: Weaponry

Post by Ikoma Eichiro » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:26 am

Matsu Qiang wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:19 am
Eichrio speaks behind his fan, "Akodo-sama just gave Hitoshi a massive punishment out of proportion of anything else we have seen. I was going to speak to him about what we have been tasked with. I thought it best to move as a pride on that one, even if I did the speaking."
Lion Clan * Courtier * Lucky * Sage * Paragon of Honesty
Honor: Exceptional - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Topaz Points: Passing
Carries: Spices, Fan, Chopsticks, Sake Cup, Personal Chop, Small Hand Mirror
Wakizashi is in room, not an adult yet.

Matsu Qiang

Post by Matsu Qiang » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:32 am

"Eh?" Qiang said. "What did Hitoshi do to earn such a punishment? I just got out of a match and didn't see what happened."
Lion Clan • Competitor • Crab Hands • Strong • Betrothed
Status 1.0 • Glory 5.3 • Exceptional Honor

Ikoma Eichiro

Post by Ikoma Eichiro » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:38 am

"Nothing that hasn't happened before in these competitions, Matsu-san" Eichiro replies, "He struck.." Eichiro struggles to address Mai without using her given name but fails, "his opponent as hard as he could. It wasn't that impressive."

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:41 am

(Screw it, I already rolled so I might as well use it, if only for a different purpose)

Justifying knowing what the lion are doing in a group like that.
D4 LM: Investigation/Perception (Who is the general looking for in the crowd?): 7d10o10k4 25
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:46 am

Kokyou wonders why were people looking to the sensei and then, at that specific direction in the crowd...

Oh, hello Oichi-sensei! Says his smile.

--
D4, LM, Investigation/Perception TN 20?: 4d10o10k3 12
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:50 am

"Mai, how are you feeling?"
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224

Mai

Post by Mai » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:52 am

Mai had been trying to slip out of there and the Phoenix stopped her. "Oh. Isawa-san. I am well. And you." Her face was one of confusion and conflicting emotions.
Mantis Clan Shugenja *Water * Thunder * Prodigy * Lucky

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Items: Scrolls, Jade

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:53 am

"Mai, I think we both know why the Lion clan are huddling together right now. I will join them, I advise you to do the same."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:54 am

Outside, he breathes fresh air in.
Out.
Then he kicks a tree and takes a bottle of water.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Matsu Qiang

Post by Matsu Qiang » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:56 am

Ikoma Eichiro wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:38 am
"He struck.." Eichiro struggles to address Mai without using her given name but fails, "his opponent as hard as he could. It wasn't that impressive."
“That... doesn’t seem that bad,” Qiang said, struggling to keep his face impassive, well aware of his own reputation for supposed brutality. “Unless... Was his opponent killed or something?”

Ikoma Eichiro

Post by Ikoma Eichiro » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:01 am

Eichiro motions with his fan to indicate Mai, standing a bit bruised but otherwise quite alive and speaking to the Phoenix. He continues speaking behind his fan, "No worse than any of us after these competitions I suppose."

"But Hitoshi-san did not even receive credit for his performance in the event."

Mai

Post by Mai » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:04 am

Kaito Haruki wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:53 am
"Mai, I think we both know why the Lion clan are huddling together right now. I will join them, I advise you to do the same."
Mai wasn't even aware the Lion huddling. She was focused on leaving.

She sighed. "We are not at court. Say what you want from me plainly. I am tired and would rather just get to the point."

She also wanted to leave before people decided to blame her for this.

EDIT: OOC: Mai looks uninjured. Because she is. She used Path to Inner Peace to bring herself back to full after the match.

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Matsu Qiang

Post by Matsu Qiang » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:07 am

“Mmmm.” Qiang looked thoughtful. “That does sound...puzzling,” the Matsu said, picking words carefully.

“Of course you know there are few avenues for us to honorably disagree with our superior’s judgement, Ikoma-san. Remember our discussion at the Lion study group.”

Ikoma Eichiro

Post by Ikoma Eichiro » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:11 am

"Yes, but he is not my direct superior." Eichiro looks to the wooden wakizashi and shudders inwardly, "But we did make a promise to that individual. Perhaps Akodo-sama was being protective, and could be convinced to instead levy the normal warning instead if we explain the vow that we made."

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:11 am

"Stay until they say their piece at the very least, this will be important. I know we both need to be very careful going forward, but we can figure out our problems together."

Matsu Qiang

Post by Matsu Qiang » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:14 am

Mai wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:04 am
She sighed. "We are not at court. Say what you want from me plainly. I am tired and would rather just get to the point.”
“You were Hitoshi’s opponent?” the Matsu asked. “Why, he’s a clan mate of yours, isn’t he? We were just wondering if you could tell us what he did to earn such a large penalty.”

Mai

Post by Mai » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:31 am

Mai scoffs. "Can't say what you want from me? I am in no mood for this." She has no idea what Haruki wants. Is it simply to get to the bottom of why he got the penalty? Does he want to use her in some way? To help Hitoshi? To harm him? Or maybe Eiko is the target? She does not know Haruki well and if he can not be plain with her, she sees no reason to stick around. "Goodbye Isawa-san."

She starts to walk away when the Lion stops her. She bows. "Hello, Matsu-san. I am Mai of the Mantis Clan." Despite her frustration, she would maintain some decorum. After all, she may have been to harsh on Haruki. He might have been just trying to help.

"Hitoshi is my Clanmate. He hit me as hard as he could. I do not know why the penalty is so large." Mai was looking for an excuse to leave.

After all, she didn't know, but the only thing she could think of is her friendship with Eiko causing his overreaction, but she would never shame him by saying so. Also, it still felt odd. It's not like they were lovers or anything.

Well, maybe the tsukai used some maho to affect Eiko? She shuddered at the thought.

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:37 am

"Mai, there's something keeping the sensei from doing what's right. I need help finding out what exactly. I need more information, but I don't even know where to start."

Mai

Post by Mai » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:44 am

Not her fault? Well, that is a different story. "I apologize, Isawa-san. This situation has me out of sorts. I do want to help."

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:51 am

"Did you guys have trouble sleeping the first night in Tsuma?"

Return to “Weaponry Matches”