[Otosan Uchi, Pregame 1, Hashi Sanban Kirizu] Running. Water.

Pregame for New Winds Part 1
Bayushi Jiro

Re: [Otosan Uchi, Pregame 1, Hashi Sanban Kirizu] Running. Water.

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:30 am

Jiro quirked a smile.

"I hear the sighs of relief in Shiro sano Kakita even now. That was a very dangerous misunderstanding, Seppun-sama. I am glad we have cleared it up."
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro
Honor: Untrustworthy, Infamy: 1, Status: 2, Topaz Points: 254

Wearing: a lovely scarf, wakizashi, extravagant clothing This mask

Togashi Minashingo

Post by Togashi Minashingo » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:22 pm

"It seems that i might have caused some conflict here and, if so, I apologize. We are taught much simpler ways of speaking in the temples i was raised in and i fear that I might have implied something that I did not intend. This is, in fact, something my sensei warned me of. I suppose it is good to encounter it here rather than when our training has truly begun." Taking a moment to look around once more, Minashingo slipped up onto the bridges edge, letting his legs dangle over the edge as he perched there, looking out over the water. "Still, it will be good to take up arms against some new people. I know the way the monks move, and they know how I will react because they have taught me. To be challenged by new people, and in ways of thinking and seeing as well as acting, is truly a blessing. I hope i prove myself worthy of it."
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Monk •
Honor: Expected • Status: 0.5 • Glory: 0.5 • Dojo Points: 0
Gear: Student Clothes in green and gold, sandals.

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:13 pm

Jiro tilted his head in confusion. "Conflict? We were only having fun." He chuckled good-naturedly. "You are much too serious, Togashi-san; we shall have to work on that, or you will find yourself worn out with all of the challenges you will create for yourself."
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro

Seppun Suzuran

Post by Seppun Suzuran » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:32 pm

"Serious is good. Though I will admit, serious does not always need to mean literal; Otherwise, those of us not so versed in the ways of words would need to walk on proverbial egg shells. And I believe bushi have better things to spend their time with. Like bettering our skills and proving ourselves worthy."

Suzu frowned at no one in particular, "Would that sin did not exist in the hearts of mortals, that should drive them to take advantage of such imperfections. Even if that would also put being a Miharu out of being a necessary duty for my family. It would be a worthwhile sacrifice for greater order."
Imperial ❀ Seppun ❀ Bushi ❀ Stubborn ❀ Dedicated
Ascetic ❀ Can't Lie ❀ Idealistic ❀ Contrary

Honor:Exceptional, Glory: 0.5, Status: 1.0, Dojo Points:
Casual Wear: Pink yukata with the mon of the Seppun in white, white obi and headband

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:58 pm

Jiro quirked an eyebrow. "How...maudlin, Seppun-sama. I think you'll find that a bushi, even a Miharu, who can speak well will be of greater service to his lord than one who cannot. After all, 'proving one's self worthy' and 'bettering one's self' can mean so many things. There is something stirring, I will admit, in the image of the dour, silent bushi whose every thought is service, but I must tell you, Seppun-sama...when they slip, they fall the farthest. It's much better to have a smile every now and then, and take some joy in one's duty."

Togashi Minashingo

Post by Togashi Minashingo » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:42 pm

"The world is conflict Bayushi-san, if you haven't discovered that, then I truly hope you never do. AS for being without Sin. Without sin, what we would have to strive for? How would we know who we are, what we could be, and how to become better? Sin is the thing that we use to forge ourselves into something, more? Better? It is the challenge that we must constantly strive against."

Smiling, Minashingo rolls backwards off of the ledge and back onto the bridge, landing facing Suzuran and Jiro, before bowing to them. "Thank you for the conversation, it has given me many things to think about. And thanks again Seppun-sama for the suggestion to visit Seppun Hill. I will endeavor to do so before we leave this city." With a final nod, he turns, and makes his way back into the city, his destination unclear though the young Togashi didn't seem bothered by this.
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Monk •
Honor: Expected • Status: 0.5 • Glory: 0.5 • Dojo Points: 0
Gear: Student Clothes in green and gold, sandals.

Seppun Suzuran

Post by Seppun Suzuran » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:27 am

Suzu blushed a tiny biy, her speech softer, "I am glad I am not the only one who finds the image stirring, even if..."

At Minashingo getting up, she ceased her mumbling and looked in his direction as he walked away. She was silent a moment before speaking up more clearly, "A lot to think about, he says. It seems like monks always have a lot on their minds, in my experience."

Casual Wear: Pink yukata with the mon of the Seppun in white, white obi and headband

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:46 am

Jiro, for his part, did his best to look suitably chastised by the Togashi's assertion of his naivete. At the Seppun's comment, though, he allowed a smile to creep back into his expression.

"They do like to say they do, that is true. It is a hazard of the struggle to become wise, I think, to have one's mind become a sea of trouble. I just hope he finds somewhere to be at peace."

He sighed, looking at the Togashi's retreating back, but then turned to Suzuran with an expression of interest. "But you were saying something about the image of the ideal bushi?"

Seppun Suzuran

Post by Seppun Suzuran » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:10 am

"Hm? Oh, yes..."

She snapped out of whatever reverie the words had put her into before turning back to Jiro, away from the street the Togashi had disappeared down, "A consequence of growing up where I did, I suppose. Not only with the best of the best around like my mother, but also the famous and upright individuals that the Clans send to the Imperial Palace. Samurai of great skill, impeccable face to the world, and fathomless dedication to the Empire. If I could even be one tenth of what my mother has become some day... And avoid being a shiftless layabout who takes the luxuries the Heavens' have showered upon our Empire for granted."

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:34 am

"Oh my, yes. It would be terrible to be one of those." Jiro nodded firmly. "Did you know that a fathom is a unit of measurement? Nautical, I understand. Measures depth."

Seppun Suzuran

Post by Seppun Suzuran » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:53 am

Suzu blinked in confusion, "..no? I am afraid I do not know much about the sea, or the ways that it is studied or used. If that is the right word."

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:38 am

"I cannot say that I know too much about it myself, but my father was very keen that I understand the terminology so that I would be prepared to understand the concerns of the coastal clans as they arise. A Mantis will talk about ships, I am afraid, even at Kyuden Bayushi." He chuckled easily. "A karo's life, neh?"

Seppun Suzuran

Post by Seppun Suzuran » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:09 pm

"Hai, I suppose so. ...I do like watching the water, and those who make their living on it. But I am glad I do not need to learn their terminology or trade skills; I never was the best with names as is I'm afraid."

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:35 am

"My father would say that it is best to have as broad a base of knowledge as possible. One is less likely to be surprised or to suffer unfortunate embarrassments that way. For example, I am trying to understand as much as I can about the ways of bushi and tactics, even though it is vanishingly unlikely that I will have all that much to do with them in the end."

Seppun Suzuran

Post by Seppun Suzuran » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:28 am

"I have heard similar things before. I know Leadership speaks of such things. And it does seem like something my own father would say. Still... it seems to me like I also remember sayings that one who attempts to know a little about many things knows a lot about nothing. Certainly the Crane have often been heard to say such things about various things, especially art. Or THE art, as well. Perhaps there is a balance as well... which sounds more like something a Dragon would say."

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:40 am

"Perhaps. Of course, it would make sense for those unable to marshal their knowledge to decry the practice of gathering it." He shrugged. "But I try not to disparage. There are subjects which I have yet to delve."

Seppun Suzuran

Post by Seppun Suzuran » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:23 pm

"I don't think anyone in the Empire is decrying the practice of gathering knowledge. When I describe those different Clans and how I think about their views on it, it's less about it being good or bad so much as how one should approach it. When I think of the Kakita, I think of dedication to one subject, maybe a few, studying it in great depth until one knows everything about them. Where as when I think of a Mirumoto, I think of studying many things and attempting to pull lessons from them."

She shook her head, "Then again, I've been somewhat sheltered here in the Imperial City, and I'm sure that's all kinda reductive. Besides, it's not like I would have a bias like that about Scorpion seeking knowledge. Beyond the usual sayings about seeking out secret knowledge."

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:20 am

"Oh? You have sayings about secret knowledge?" Jiro's smile widened. "Like what?"

Seppun Suzuran

Post by Seppun Suzuran » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:02 am

"I mean, isn't the old saying, 'No matter how benign your secret, there is a Scorpion somewhere in the Empire who wishes to know it.'?"

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:46 pm

Jiro nodded. "Something like that. I admit, we are a curious people, and the lives of others are frightfully educational."

Return to “Pregame, Part 1”