The Phoenix

Who does the Phoenix clan seek out for koku?

The Crab
4%
The Crane
36%
The Dragon
4%
The Lion
12%
The Mantis
16%
The Scorpion
4%
The Unicorn
12%
Non-Mantis Minor Clans
4%
Imperial Families
8%
Ronin
No votes

Total votes: 25

Vutall

The Phoenix

Post by Vutall » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:08 am

Who does the Phoenix clan seek out for koku?

Please see this thread for more details:

viewtopic.php?f=220&t=727&p=9133#p9133

This Poll will run until the End of D7
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Yogo Otoko

Re: The Phoenix

Post by Yogo Otoko » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:01 am

I don't really have a horse in this race, but I think the Phoenix asking the Lion for koku could be... 'interesting' enough.
Scorpion Clan + Shugenja + Cursed + Distant + Unicorn Trained + Haunted

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:43 am

Yogo Otoko wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:01 am
I don't really have a horse in this race, but I think the Phoenix asking the Lion for koku could be... 'interesting' enough.
Same with the Scorpion.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:53 am

Phoenix asks for help from Crane and can possibly get 3 things done at once. 3 birds 1 stone or something like that

Mostly cause I'm against the Scorpion and if Phoenix allies with Scorpion then they dont get hatching site, asahina texts, and the koku so
Crane Clan | Bushi | Profile | Way Better than Kotomi
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.4 | TP: 252 (ty oleanderpoison!)
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:09 am

Kakita Kazuko wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:53 am
Phoenix asks for help from Crane and can possibly get 3 things done at once. 3 birds 1 stone or something like that

Mostly cause I'm against the Scorpion and if Phoenix allies with Scorpion then they dont get hatching site, asahina texts, and the koku so
Should they ask so much from the Crane, though?
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:46 am

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:09 am
Kakita Kazuko wrote:

2 of them require no koku and the crane pretty much are already helping with the texts i believe and phoenix is in the lead for crane sponsorship so why not vote crane here too. it's too late to change things now so better to ally with crane and help against the scorpion schemes rather than be backstab crane and help someone who probably doesn't care about the shugenja as much

you are right that it's asking a lot tho, and i think it would depend on what they have to offer. the dragon have monks and stuff, im sure the phoenix could spare some shugenja or help in other ways.
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:49 am

Kakita Kazuko wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:46 am
Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Kakita Kazuko wrote:

2 of them require no koku and the crane pretty much are already helping with the texts i believe and phoenix is in the lead for crane sponsorship so why not vote crane here too. it's too late to change things now so better to ally with crane and help against the scorpion schemes rather than be backstab crane and help someone who probably doesn't care about the shugenja as much

you are right that it's asking a lot tho, and i think it would depend on what they have to offer. the dragon have monks and stuff, im sure the phoenix could spare some shugenja or help in other ways.
The Phoenix would get a deep, deep debt with the Crane than.
This is interesting. I still think that Lion is more interesting because they may press them for war.

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:58 am

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:49 am
Kakita Kazuko wrote:
Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:

This is interesting. I still think that Lion is more interesting because they may press them for war.
dont the phoenix prefer to be pacifists tho or something

also im pretty sure the lion clan has like no koku to spare and i dont see anything favorable coming from this

especially since the crane clan r sponsoring phoenix mainly so they'd be pressed to not ally with crane enemies

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:10 pm

Kakita Kazuko wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:58 am
Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Kakita Kazuko wrote:

also im pretty sure the lion clan has like no koku to spare and i dont see anything favorable coming from this

especially since the crane clan r sponsoring phoenix mainly so they'd be pressed to not ally with crane enemies
Yes. That's exactly why it would be interesting.

The Lion Clan isn't in need for koku badly like other clans. It just wants some money to invade the Crane. The help from the bests shugenjas of the empire is interesting, and this would create one thing: drama.

It is not an alliance, it is asking for money whilst not making themselves overly reliant on the Crane.

I'm between Scorpion and Lion here. Never Crane.

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:20 pm

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:10 pm
Kakita Kazuko wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:58 am
Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:

Yes. That's exactly why it would be interesting.

The Lion Clan isn't in need for koku badly like other clans. It just wants some money to invade the Crane. The help from the bests shugenjas of the empire is interesting, and this would create one thing: drama.

It is not an alliance, it is asking for money whilst not making themselves overly reliant on the Crane.

I'm between Scorpion and Lion here. Never Crane.
eh it just sounds painful for the phoenix to me

i dont think they ever willingly put themselves in such a bad position

scorpion would be a hard no since crane would 100% shut them off from all support if they ever allied with the clan trying to take down ryoku and get more political clout than them

lion is pretty poor and again, it's such a bad position to be asked to invade the clan that's giving you more support

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:20 pm

also ive already mentioned this but crane is already prmarily helping phoenix with koku so asking lion or scorpion is off the table. anyone else is probably fine tho

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:24 pm

The Scorpion isn't overly against anyone. They act in the shadows.
I really want to see the Phoenix screwed up here. I think that Crane getting mad at them shuts doors though, which leads to better drama than blackmail.

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:33 pm

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:24 pm
The Scorpion isn't overly against anyone. They act in the shadows.
I really want to see the Phoenix screwed up here. I think that Crane getting mad at them shuts doors though, which leads to better drama than blackmail.
eh crane is already supporting and i really want to see the egg hatch so im gonna keep riding the crane-phoenix alliance train

also phoenix shugenja will help greatly for the lake kami

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:28 am

The Phoenix seek out koku primarily from the Crane, who are happy to assist.
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Return to “Winter Court 1122”