Bathing the Rooster (Open)

Asako Saburo

Re: Bathing the Rooster (Open)

Post by Asako Saburo » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:38 pm

"I have not been stung since my youth. All is well, Mantis-san." Saburo seemed not to have quite caught the point of the question, though thankfully he seemed to be understanding Kokyou a little better this morning. Kenji's comment, though, got a raised eyebrow and he looked at the two of them with a certain level of curiosity. What was this about an ashigaru levvy hating them?
Phoenix Clan * Shugenja * Void * Sickly * Hypochondriac
Topaz Points: 212
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:06 pm

"Tha' pig faced butt scratchin' scurvy baboon!" Kokyou mumbles, adding, "He taught me a good lesson. He's t' be respected. Now I know no one can defeat me, no matter how hard they try. Let 'em hate. Me mother says 'tis a sensation that lives in the heart, side by side wit' admiration."
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:32 am

"No one can defeat you?" Kenji laughed "Your as confident as ever Kokyou-san."
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:07 am

"A certain amount of confidence has its place." And too much led to one's fall, but he didn't add that. It would be a pretty obvious thing in his mind after all that there was such a thing as too much ego. "I take it one ashigaru in particular has proven quite the taskmaster?"
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:09 am

"Yes, indeed, Saburo-san, one Ashigaru hit two students so hard that they needed magic healing," Kenji replied
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:48 am

"Aye. No one can defeat me. Aft all, I won a lesson, 'n I was the one that got tougher. Har! He snorts, adding, "Being healed by our sensei's magical hands be a blessin' only few 'ave been worthy t' receive."
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:57 am

Saburo declined to mention that Himeya was willing to heal anyone, so his being healed only meant he got smacked hard enough to necessitate it so he could continue his lessons. "If it is intentional... I suspect they'll deal with that. If not, perhaps this one will end up budoka to someone down the road. Skilled levvies are rare I'm told."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:44 pm

"He would certainly be qualified, perhaps it is a test for the Ashigaru to prove themselves? After all, the whole dojo is a test in itself."

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:29 pm

"I would definitely 'ave 'im in me ship. Someone that's capable o' hittin' o' me deserves a deck spot at me side." Kokyou says.

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:10 am

"It would be interesting to think that the ashigaru are being tested as much as we are." Actually, some people would be horrendously insulted by the mere idea of that, but he saw no harm in it deep down. It seemed a good use of resources, and besides. Ashigaru were supposed to be able to hit samurai, weren't they? Otherwise what was the point of levying them in the first place?

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:42 am

"That would be an interesting point and could be the reason why especially this Ashigaru is so dedicated to fight against us students" Kenji replied. "I wonder who elsi going to get tested in this dojo?"

Return to “Rooster”