An early request

Iuchi Prashant

An early request

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:26 pm

Prash was up early today, and tried to run his errands as quickly as possible to have some time free for a particular request. He could find clay, plants and pebbles by himself in the Dojo itself, no need to bother a Sensei for that. But he wanted something else to increase the element of Earth in one of his trinkets...

He walks towards the Forge, looking for a Sensei there or in the surroundings.
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Vutall

Re: An early request

Post by Vutall » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:54 pm

Hida Goroharu is on the parade grounds, working on a sculpture. It is too early in the process to tell what it is. Seeing the Unicorn student, he stops his work and bows.

"Iuchi-san! What can I help you with today?"

His voice booms, jolly and boisterous in the spring air.
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:52 am

"Ohayou gozaimasu Hida-sensei", he says happily, bowing respectfully as he looks at the sculpture. "I believe it's the first time I've seen Hida-sensei working on your art", he says, smiling. "Is this meant for the Dojo grounds? I'd like to see it done if possible!"

He then bows again. "Hida-sensei, I'd like to ask whether the Dojo could provide me with some materials for a project. As a Iuchi Shugenja, I use talismans to communicate with the kami. I'd like to use some items of my own working during the lessons... For one of them, I thought of mixing clay with a powdered gem that might help it capture the 'essence of Earth'. I've considered powdered Jade, but I understand it is an important and powerful material, so I've also thought of other possibilities. Maybe hematite with its iron sheen, or quartz, or maybe agate. Do you think I could get access to one of these options, Hida-sensei? And... Would you suggest one of them over the others?"
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:02 am

"Indeed, I thought I would leave it here when we depart to bring something more to the training grounds."

The big man strokes his chin, looking at the statue in contemplation.

"I would recommend against Jade, as it is required for much more than works of art, Iuchi-san. The other materials you suggested would be fine, and are easily something we can provide you with. As far as what I would suggest? Go with the one you think the earth kami would like best. I am no priest and can not answer that for you."

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:15 am

The student nods and bows at the large man again. "Thank you for your wise words, Hida-sensei." He stops and thinks for a while before speaking again. "I suppose I would like to try working with some hematite powder, then. I believe the Earth kami would like the strength of Iron and the mix of earthen red and a metallic sheen.", he finally speaks.

"Thank you for your help, Hida-sensei", he says, bowing again.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:20 am

"I will ensure the material is in the forge tomorrow for you! Best of luck, and I'd like to see what you make hen it is finished!"

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:24 am

"Thank you again, Hida-sensei! I will be sure to show you the result when it is done", he says, bowing again.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Return to “Tiger”