Exploration of the Void

Togashi Dao

Re: Exploration of the Void

Post by Togashi Dao » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:09 pm

Yep, monkey see, monkey do.

Like much of the training he'd done up to this point, it seemed to be a matter of follow the leader, so Dao tried that. Knowing he wasn't at even the level of the student leading the class didn't bother him, because it seemed no one else was either.
Dragon Clan • Monk • Battlemaster •
Honor: Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 1.7 • Infamy: 1,0
Gear: Student Clothing, Go set.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:37 pm

Kenji led them again and again through the same kata. It was a rather simple sequence of movements: bow, stance, hand on the bokken, step forward simultaneously pull the bokken and kiai, stance, bow.
Kenji knew that he could not teach his classmates in one afternoon what he had learned in years of training.
Nevertheless he gave his best.

After he and the others had gone through the kata a few times, he let them go through the kata alone and watched them.

Whenever he saw a mistake, Kenji corrected his Kohai.
This went on for a while.

"Does anyone else have energy for training duels?" Kenji asked
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:43 pm

Having gone through the repetitions of the Kata patiently and determinedly, Prashant bows to Kenji and speaks, gently but with a resolute look on his eyes. "Hai, Kakita-san! I believe it would help to see the movements we went through in practice. If you wouldn't mind helping us a bit longer, that is."
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:47 pm

"Sure. I see no reason not to try," Yotsuo replies with a nod.
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Honor: Expected ѻ Glory: 3.0 ѻ Status: 3.0 ѻ Topaz Points: 0
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:26 pm

"Why not?"
Toritaka Noriko
Falcon * Phantom Hunter (Shug)
S 2.0 * G 2.1 * H As Expected

On-site: robes, sandals, and scroll satchel and scrolls, Seppun blade, Miya-made map of Tsuma; might have money
Off: the above + loaded traveling pack

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:52 pm

Dao looks at the other three students and shrugs.

"Two matches under Kakita-sama's scrutiny?" Dao proposes and steps up before Yotsuo.
Dragon Clan • Monk • Battlemaster •
Honor: Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 1.7 • Infamy: 1,0
Gear: Student Clothing, Go set.

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:15 pm

Yotsuo faces Dao and bows. He gets into his stance and tries to do what he can to assess his opponent, but it is rather an exercise in futility since he's never done so before. He sees nothing of his opponent's capabilities other than that Dao is capable of holding a bokken and standing on two feet.

----

D5 Serpent, Assessment, Iaijutsu / Awareness, TN 15: 2d10 4
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Honor: Expected ѻ Glory: 3.0 ѻ Status: 3.0 ѻ Topaz Points: 0
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:55 am

"I believe that leaves Toritaka-san and I then, ne?", he says, then bows gently to the Falcon girl. "Shall we then, Toritaka-san?", he says smiling, then taking a Iai stance and waiting for her to do so before he attempts to center himself.
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:01 am

Iuchi Prashant wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:55 am
"I believe that leaves Toritaka-san and I then, ne?", he says, then bows gently to the Falcon girl. "Shall we then, Toritaka-san?", he says smiling, then taking a Iai stance and waiting for her to do so before he attempts to center himself.
She nods and assumes her stance, finding nothing, really (Assessment 7) but being unwilling to back down from the event, she focuses her will upon her opponent (Focus 17).

(Edit: Forgot to add Center bonus. Dammit.)
Toritaka Noriko

On-site: robes, sandals, and scroll satchel and scrolls, Seppun blade, Miya-made map of Tsuma; might have money

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:33 am

Toritaka Sasaiko wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:01 am
Iuchi Prashant wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:55 am
She nods and assumes her stance, finding nothing, really (Assessment 7) but being unwilling to back down from the event, she focuses her will upon her opponent (Focus 17).

(Edit: Forgot to add Center bonus. Dammit.)
He tries to focus on Sasaiko as well, but can't read her either. He doesn't back down either, and tries to focus harder on her, but ends up losing his concentration for a moment, leaving an opening for the Falcon to strike first.

OOC:
Day 5 Serpent - Iai Assessment Vs Sasaiko. Iai/Awa TN 15, rolling 3k2: 3d10o10k2 13

Day 5 Serpent - Iai Focus Vs Sasaiko. Iai/Void, rolling 3k2+1 (including centre stance bonus): 3d10o10k2+1 9

(Have you added the centre stance bonus now? I'd say just go on and reroll it if you haven't! I think V wouldn't mind since it's a practice duel anyway :) )

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:49 am

Iuchi Prashant wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:33 am
He tries to focus on Sasaiko as well, but can't read her either. He doesn't back down either, and tries to focus harder on her, but ends up losing his concentration for a moment, leaving an opening for the Falcon to strike first.
(I've not, but the usual practice is to use the worse dice coding in case of an error. So it'll stand--though the strike will have Center Bonus, I think.)

She does, the bokken snaking out and tapping him forcefully on the leg--assuming it is a hit (18 on the attack; 8 Wounds if successful).
Toritaka Noriko

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:55 am

Prashant is hit with a thud before he starts his own strike. He barely winces, then smiles at the Toritaka and bows. "Good form, Toritaka-san. Thank you for the practice!"

OOC
That does hit! He won't go for his own strike as Sasaiko won already.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:01 am

Iuchi Prashant wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:55 am
Prashant is hit with a thud before he starts his own strike. He barely winces, then smiles at the Toritaka and bows. "Good form, Toritaka-san. Thank you for the practice!"
She steps back quickly, bows.

"And you. I hope I've not injured you; I did try to check the swing."
Toritaka Noriko

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:04 am

"That's a good hit Toritaka-san! Iuchi-san, are you okay?"
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:07 am

He answers both with a friendly smile. "I'll be fine, Toritaka-san, Kakita-san. But thanks for your concern". He doesn't seem to be particularly hurt - not yet at least!

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:09 am

Sasaiko nods, both to the praise and the assertion.

"I shall look forward to facing you again, Iuchi-san."
Toritaka Noriko

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:12 am

"As will I, Toritaka-san!", he says nodding as well. "I hope to have improved some by then", he says with a smile.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:22 am

"You fancy a duel against me, Toritaka-san?" Kenji asked.

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:38 am

Kakita Kenji wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:22 am
"You fancy a duel against me, Toritaka-san?" Kenji asked.
"I'll hope to prove a worthy challenge," she replies before bowing, taking up a position, and sizing up her opponent. Not that it helps.

(Initiative 5, https://orokos.com/roll/822282
Assessment 9, https://orokos.com/roll/822284)
Toritaka Noriko

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:50 am

"I hope to be a worthy challenger then," Kenji replied.

He watched Sasaiko intently, he could judge her, knowing that would hopefully help him.

After that Kenji focused on his opponent, waiting to see when he could strike.

---
D5 Serpent Initiative: 4d10o10k3 10
D5 Serpent Iaijutsu(Assesment)/Awa TN10: 3d10o10k2 13

Asking for Reflexes

D5 Serpent Iaijutsu(Focus)/Void + Center Bonus: 3d10o10k2+1 27

Return to “Serpent”