A Favor Returned

Bayushi Jiro

Re: A Favor Returned

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:46 am

"He is certainly different than most of his peers, but I suspect his success has a great deal more to do with what is missing from him than what he has that others do not." Jiro frowned. "There is a sadness about him, I am afraid, or there would be if he truly understood what he has denied himself."
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro
Honor: Untrustworthy, Infamy: 1, Status: 2, Topaz Points: 254

Wearing: a lovely scarf, wakizashi, extravagant clothing This mask

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:52 am

"There is strength in him," she countered. "Whatever he may have denied himself, he has clearly grown stronger for it. Beyond even what he may believe himself capable of. But humility is a virtue, so perhaps it is better he is blind to his own successes."

She wasn't entirely sure if that was true or not. But she did not want to do the man a disservice when he was clearly so capable.

"I have not gotten a sense of sadness from him," Nobuko continued, mentally reviewing all she had seen of him. "Rather, one of anger. He does not have a kind opinion of himself."
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:00 am

"The anger is clear." Jiro tilted his head to the right. "That is what is so sad."
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:17 am

She lifted her eyebrows and titled her head in a 'well, yes...' expression before sighing deeply, "Perhaps he is missing something of a close companion to help support him. When we spoke, he spoke of being tutored privately by an Isawa master. He did not speak of fellow students."

Nobuko looked over at Jiro, "The connections we make here may not last past our time in these halls. But if they should, perhaps Asako-san might find his horizons more open than he currently realizes."
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:24 am

"That would be a good thing, for both Asako-san and whoever is fortunate enough to earn his friendship." Jiro smiled. "I hope that he considers himself a friend of mine, though of course I cannot be entirely certain."

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:30 am

"There are only a few people he has spent more time with than yourself. I would be surprised if he did not at least hold you in good favor. Many others here certainly seem to."

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:24 am

"Oh?" Jiro raised an eyebrow. "But I am not the one being spoken of each day in hushed whispers, so full of awe."

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:42 pm

Her movements stilled for a moment. She had heard the whispers, of course, and found them strange when she had drawn so little attention to herself back at school.

"And yet it is you Asako-san chooses to be closer to," she countered, "Surely that speaks more of esteem than whatever murmurings the wind brings."

Return to “Rooster”