En Garde

Kuni Yotsuo

En Garde

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:01 pm

Yotsuo did his usual meditation, trying to help incorporate the understanding of the previous lesson into his upcoming practice. Unfortunately, today he seemed unable to focus his mind. After some time of attempting to center himself he eventually gives up.

Instead he decides to do some kenjutsu drills, taking a bokken and starting repetitions.

----

D4 Serpent, Meditation / Void, TN 20: 5d10o10k2 16
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Honor: Expected ѻ Glory: 3.0 ѻ Status: 3.0 ѻ Topaz Points: 0
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Iuchi Prashant

Re: En Garde

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:17 pm

Prashant sat down after today's lesson to centre himself before some more training as well. Despite his efforts and his diligent training in meditation, he found it difficult to focus, but at least he could find some peace before starting something else.

Seeing the Kuni as he prepares to start some Iaijutsu kata with a boken, he bows. "Hello, Kuni-san. How does this day find you?"

Day 4 Serpent - Meditation/Void TN 20, rolling 4k1: 4d10o10k1 6
Last edited by Iuchi Prashant on Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:41 pm

"Different," he admits. "After the earlier training. I... feel different."
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:00 pm

"Different?", Prash says, maybe slightly worried. "You seemed to do quite well from what I could see!", Prash says, smiling. "So... Good different then, I guess?"
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:32 pm

"Yes. One of the great oracles has blessed me. I feel... sturdier. And not just from the effects of becoming more attuned to the earth. Something on a spiritual level," he replies, as he takes his time with his kenjutsu form.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:42 pm

"Oh!"

As Prash hears the Kuni's words, he suddenly stops his training.

"That is incredible, Kuni-san! Has the oracle somehow spoken to you during your training?" The Unicorn's eyes shine with interest and admiration.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:54 pm

"They have. It was an enlightening experience. And it galvanizes my will to my purpose in the future," he says with a nod. "I hope to be able to live up to the expectations placed on me by the oracle."

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:56 pm

Saburo, by the end of yesterday, was hitting the central block of the targets with the bow with enough accuracy that he began to assume rightly that he was covering the basics. Rather than sit on his laurels or home in on bettering his bow work beyond what he was already capable of, he decided now was the time to begin practice with both the quick draw and the blade. He was expected to carry a wakizashi and his idol Isawa Tsuke was known to be a terrifying student of the blade in his own right. To not at least attempt was ... sacrilege.

Admittedly, his morning meditations left a lot to be desired. One day... One day...

Coming into the dojo and seeing the two of them, he bowed formally. Even if he hadn't spoken to Prashant much, if at all before, he knew all of the students' names by now. "Kuni-san, Iuchi-san. Good to see the two of you in forms as well. I thought it might not be a bad idea to further diversify my training," he said... which was probably as much a greeting as he was used to giving. Business first. He had no idea of the opening of the Kuni's mind to new horizons, and would probably be quite impressed if he'd heard. Especially since, well... he'd been training with the courtiers today for some reason.
Phoenix Clan * Shugenja * Void * Sickly * Hypochondriac
Topaz Points: 212
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:03 pm

"Asako-san, I'm glad to see you again. You were not at the training today. Are you branching out into multiple disciplines as part of that diversification?" he asked.

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:21 pm

He nodded once. "Asako-sama gave me leave, and the instructors of the courtiers permitted it. My deficiencies in Earth have been... let us say a long-standing concern of the family, but years of spiritual meditation, medicine and rigorous training have only gotten me so far. We decided to attempt another direction of focus." He grunted as he took one of the bokken.

"The results were... acceptable, I believe. I will be more certain tomorrow. Did you perform well today in your meditations?"
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:27 pm

"I did. I drew the attention of the Oracle of Earth, who has granted me their blessing. They spoke to me during the training, guiding me and letting me know their favor would help to protect my soul," he replies with a nod. "It was a very unique experience that I am grateful for. I doubt I would have been afforded the chance to gain such attention if not for this special training."

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:37 pm

The look of surprise on his face mirrored Prashant's only a moment ago and he looked at him, realizing that Yotsuo had probably just told him the same thing. This wasn't the sort of thing that you'd ever bother lying about. It was too outlandish, but with all of the spiritual influences running around here, why should not the dragons themselves bear down upon this place at this rate? He was, admittedly, a fraction envious of that. But who wouldn't be?

"Much is expected when an Oracle communes with mortals, but then I think much is expected of us all. That is certainly... a very impressive thing to have had happen."

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:44 pm

"It's a blessing that I will seek to make full use of for the empire and it's spiritual safety. That is what the Kuni do. Perhaps I am meant for a specific task or perhaps my service itself will have a purpose that I cannot see. Either way, when an oracle says they intend to protect your soul then you know that your soul will be placed in danger at some point. Now, more than ever, I know that I need to strengthen it."

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:27 am

Prashant's surprise and amazement are still on his face as he bows to the Asako and follows his conversation with the Kuni.

"Hai, Kuni-san. Those are wise words. But as an Oracle has chosen you, they must be certain you are worthy of the task. And therefore, so am I", he nods.

"Asako-san's words are important as well", he nods again, now turning to the Phoenix. "Although... maybe we should expect from our burden no less and no more than to find our rightful path and tread it wisely.", he says, his head low as he holds his boken.

"Well... We should always strive to do our best, at any rate, ne?", he says, raising his head and getting back to a Iai stance, preparing to continue his kata.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:56 am

Haruki does his best to make his presence known respectfully, but he doesn't speak until he is near enough to hear their enthusiastic conversation. "And how does one find their rightful path exactly? Surely there is more to it than living your life as it is currently. Back home, the Phoenix senseis would always take time to divine what the future may hold. Perhaps we could try to do the same, we are edging closer and closer to being full blown adults."
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:18 am

Prashant looks at the Phoenix coming into the dojo as he finishes another draw, then bows at him. "That is a good question... Isawa-san?", he finishes, a bit uncertainly. "I don't think we've met properly. This one is Iuchi Prashant."

He speaks again as he falls back to a Iai stance.

"May this one ask what is your take on that matter? How should one find their rightful path?", He says, smiling ad he turns back to the Phoenix after finishing another draw of the boken.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:58 am

"Kaito-san," he replied to the other. "I have never been especially skilled at divination, so I prefer to rely on prayer to my ancestors and the fortunes, but it is definitely a very common method among our people." To him, it always felt more like an ... Isawa thing, and one that he wasn't sure was sure enough to be relied upon, though seeking the will of heaven was never a bad thing he supposed.

He glanced back to the Kuni as he slipped into a crude Iai stance, readying himself as one would a gift. "You are Kuni. Your people are always in peril. It isn't a duty that could be given to just anyone." Though the Isawa would have loved to say that their family was better suited, there was something to be said for specialization when faced with corruptive forces.

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:31 am

"My stance is that the heavens have already seen what all will happen, it is merely up to us to figure it out. Divination is just one of many ways, unfortunately it requires you to be more in tune with the universe than any of us are right now. Even the most basic of divination slip the grasp of young samurai." Haruki pauses to put his hand behind his neck and looks wistfully towards the spiritual district of the town, "but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't try now. The better question would be how will we try to do so."
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:49 am

"Hm". Prashant ponders for a while before speaking again.

"I wonder... if all is set already, then is it not all the more important for us to search for our way and lot in life so we fit in properly with what is in store for us?"
Last edited by Iuchi Prashant on Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:57 am

"With all that is set, it does not matter what we do, it is all a part of the plan. But we still want to do right as it only a natural consequence of being made from the stuff of gods. As such, ironically despite our need to figure out what our future holds, it never really matters if we know or not." A light chuckle comes out at that thought. "Divining the future is more a way to get glimpses of what is to come ahead, like reading the last a page of a book changes the context of the story. I think this is why Togashi-o-Kami ultimately chose not to join the tournament that ultimately decided who would become the first emperor."

Return to “Serpent”